Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ted Williams

Korchak back in race, confirms Bijoy Datta tried to sell DA nomination

Recommended Posts

In a video on his Facebook page, Mike Korchak  confirmed the rumor discussed here for months, Bijoy Datta tried to sell the Republican party DA nomination to Paul Battisti.  I'm very thankful Korchak re-entered the race, and exposed Datta and Battisti.  It has been discussed many times before today, if you want to run as a Republican in Broome County, you need to pay Datta's consulting firm. 

Where is the media on this?  Ask Judge Mark Young how much help he got from the Republican party in 2014, verses the other Republican candidate for County Court (who paid Datta $25,000), and ask DA Steve Cornwell how much help he got from the GOP when he refused to pay Datta $25,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Datta is like a cancer to the local GOP just as Libous was. Would be nice to see some leadership that wasn't corrupt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ted Williams said:

In a video on his Facebook page, Mike Korchak  confirmed the rumor discussed here for months, Bijoy Datta tried to sell the Republican party DA nomination to Paul Battisti.  I'm very thankful Korchak re-entered the race, and exposed Datta and Battisti.  It has been discussed many times before today, if you want to run as a Republican in Broome County, you need to pay Datta's consulting firm. 

Where is the media on this?  Ask Judge Mark Young how much help he got from the Republican party in 2014, verses the other Republican candidate for County Court (who paid Datta $25,000), and ask DA Steve Cornwell how much help he got from the GOP when he refused to pay Datta $25,000.

I am going to have to disagree with you on Datta's help for Mark Young.  Young was not FC judge material.  Datta pulled him over the finish line.  Datta helped Young to the point that Miller got pizzed at Datta.  In reality, Miller was also running against Young.  Miller was afraid of Young and Charnetsky winning.

Everything else you wrote is spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm overseas and just now catching up about all this.

I had a gut feeling Korchak was going for it and I'm glad I was right. Battisti and Datta should be fought tooth and nail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the other officers in the Broome GOP who allow this to happen? As far as I’m concerned they are culpable in Datta’s unethical and perhaps illegal pay to play schemes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, Former Democrat said:

Who are the other officers in the Broome GOP who allow this to happen? As far as I’m concerned they are culpable in Datta’s unethical and perhaps illegal pay to play schemes.

Every Republican committee member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard a sewage line exploded all over Paul Battisti’s tent at Spiedie Fest. How’s that for karma. LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DJC said:

I heard a sewage line exploded all over Paul Battisti’s tent at Spiedie Fest. How’s that for karma. LOL!

Are you sure that wasn’t Debra Butler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DJC said:

I heard a sewage line exploded all over Paul Battisti’s tent at Spiedie Fest. How’s that for karma. LOL!

I was at Spiedie Fest yesterday (it's awful) and their tent was fine the entire time we were there (and it was a lot longer than I wanted to be there).


There was a large presence of people wearing Korchak tee shirts. I did see both candidates there trying to drum up support. It would be nice if an event like that could be politics free, that includes all the crap vendors were selling too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't make it there this year although somebody mentioned they heard it was going to be the last year due to finances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

I was at Spiedie Fest yesterday (it's awful) and their tent was fine the entire time we were there (and it was a lot longer than I wanted to be there).


There was a large presence of people wearing Korchak tee shirts. I did see both candidates there trying to drum up support. It would be nice if an event like that could be politics free, that includes all the crap vendors were selling too.

No candidates and no crap vendors means an empty Greedy Fest.   I wouldn't miss it.  It has run its course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DJC said:

a sewage line exploded

Are you sure he wasn't just attempting to give legal advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SU75 said:

Paul's father finally "retired" from SUNY Broome. Good riddance!  

You are right on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Korchak was on WNBF with that loony leftist Bob Joseph today. Anyone hear it? How did it go?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

I heard Korchak was on WNBF with that loony leftist Bob Joseph today. Anyone hear it? How did it go?

 

And your signature says " Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, justme said:

And your signature says " Get over democrat versus republican, liberal versus conservative. Let us Americans understand liberty versus tyranny and nothing else. "

Ok, so lets box little man. You have a question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this move by Korchak split the vote and give the election to the Dem?

 

Anyone follow Nick Libous on Twitter? He really really DISLIKES Bijoy lol! Which is ironic because didn't Bijoy used to make his old man's coffee every morning ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Met said:

Does this move by Korchak split the vote and give the election to the Dem?

Battisti may not be in the race in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. Met said:

Does this move by Korchak split the vote and give the election to the Dem?

 

Anyone follow Nick Libous on Twitter? He really really DISLIKES Bijoy lol! Which is ironic because didn't Bijoy used to make his old man's coffee every morning ?

Nicky boy is just mad that Bijoy and the rest of the Republican establishment won't automatically throw him a cushy position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in downtown Binghamton on business the other day and it appears the Battisti Law Office at Court and Chenango has been vacated. Does anyone know anything about that?  Did he relocate or just shut down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Battisti may not be in the race in November.

WUT?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, You Never Know said:

I was in downtown Binghamton on business the other day and it appears the Battisti Law Office at Court and Chenango has been vacated. Does anyone know anything about that?  Did he relocate or just shut down?

There's been a persistent rumor that the landlord wanted him out ASAP due to financial problems.

Whoever helped him pay off his IRS lien probably wasn't planning to keep him afloat through the general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×