Jason Garnar sends letters saying people are dead, who are alive?

Endwellian

Just walked in the door from work and caught the end of a story on WBNG.  Anyone see it?  Basically following the Broome County data breach, County Executive Jason Garnar sent letters to families of deceased individuals, stating their deceased loved ones' personal information may have been hacked.  The problem is...the people are very much alive. The woman interviewed on WBNG said she received a letter saying her 5 year old son was deceased.

What a disgusting oversight.  How can this happen?

https://wbng.com/news/top-stories/2019/08/14/residents-upset-over-letter-sent-by-broome-county-wrongly-addresses-dead-loved-ones/

Basically the county sent out these letters. Many of them to parents of young children (according to the comments on Facebook.) But the county won’t even apologize. They are hiding behind a law firm.  

If Mr. Garnar can’t even handle sending out letters to the right people (who aren’t dead) how can he run the county?

I'm sure Jason folded each letter and licked the envelope before pulling a stamp off the roll and applying it.

Not the first time some underling selected the wrong form letter and address file link in a relational database.  Not the last.  

Would have been worse if someone with a dead kid got a letter about free tuition. 

I got a rejection letter annually for three years from NYSEG after applying once for a job there.  Thanks guys.  How about rubbing lemon juice in the wound?

12 minutes ago, FormerSomeone said:

I'm sure Jason folded each letter and licked the envelope before pulling a stamp off the roll and applying it.

Not the first time some underling selected the wrong form letter and address file link in a relational database.  Not the last.  

Would have been worse if someone with a dead kid got a letter about free tuition. 

I got a rejection letter annually for three years from NYSEG after applying once for a job there.  Thanks guys.  How about rubbing lemon juice in the wound?

The rejection letter you are getting is to show you that your application is still being reviewed on an annual basis.

^^^Speaking of NYSEG, $12.00 a month increase? Come on...can any of Broome County a break somewhere? I know it's not a lot but I'm getting tax weary...makes me want to go look at those coal web sites again. I think I mentioned once, some people in NEPA are switching back to use as a supplement. I know I won't be using an electric space heater and the smell of kerosine disgusts me.

Switching out drapes ,washing windows tomorrow. Fall cleaning... the fun things in life. Have a good weekend everybody. :)