More Trouble In The ZPD (Zikuski Police Dept.)

You Never Know

Rumors flying around the City Hall that a BPD officer has filed a complaint against Zikuski for racial discrimination.  The officer of color is upset because he was denied a chance to work in the Detective Bureau.  It seems the officer just wants the same opportunity  that many female officers have been given. The officer also feels discriminated against because  Zikuski's son has been handed one special job after another and only was on patrol for a brief period of time.  Many officers are being called to the office of Corporation Council and being interviewed by Trish Keppler and Ken Frank. You can be sure Rich David has already decided the outcome of the investigation.

One has to wonder how much of the taxpayers money has been spent on Zikuski related matters.  It is truly a shame that Rich David has allowed this to continue. So much has taken place within the BPD that the press ignores which includes recently the arrest of an officer and the SWAT leader being relieved of his duties on the team after a mutiny by other team members. The ZPD is a joke among other area agencies.

It seems the officer just wants the same opportunity  that many female officers have been given.

I don't know if he's thought that all the way through.

Do much has taken place within the BPD that the press ignores which includes recently the arrest of an officer and the SWAT leader being relieved of his duties on the team after a mutiny by other team members.

Do tell. The "Vegas" post was never followed up.

It’s a shame that local rags barely exist anymore.  There is no one left to expose the corruption.  Even on this site it’s usually one post and no follow up, much like a wbng news alert... “Huge Police Presence at ____”.  Then not another word about it.  

It seems that again that a situation presents itself that either the chief of the BPD or an officer of that department is lying. Much like the sexual harassment complaint against the chief which was settled just prior to a public hearing with a non-disclosure clause attached to the settlement. In this case a claim of racial discrimination I wonder if Mayor David will be as quick to stand by the chief as he was with the sexual harassment complaint. This complaint hits a little close to home for David.

At the very least city council and the mayor should get to the bottom of this and not with another settlement and a non-disclosure clause attached to it. Time to stop wasting taxpayer dollars if there is evidence of racial discrimination do the right thing this time. If the officer involved is smart he or she will take the complaint out of the city administration hands and go to the NYS Division of Human Rights. The officer has nothing to lose because any chance of advancement under Zikuski is gone.

I find it interesting that a quote from the Legal Department of the City is that " City denies any racism and will vigorously respond to these allegations " yet they also admit that their investigation is not complete.   Sounds much like the sham investigation that was conducted by a law firm hired by the City to defend Zikuski of sexual harassment.  Rich David tells those doing the investigation this is the result I want and that is what happens regardless of the truth. 

The turnover in the BPD from the time Rich David has taken the helm is approx. 70 officers with more to come.  If that doesn't indicate a serious problem I don't know what does. 

A copy of the complaint with the State Division of Human Rights can be found on pressconnects and I must say it makes for very interesting reading.  At present the BPD is complete turmoil, no promotions are being made and everything is at a standstill. Ultimately the person to blame for all of this is Mayor David for not exercising any control of Zikuski. All past and present employees of the department know that all personnel decisions are handled by Zikuski.  Zikuski may say that the decision was up to Ryan to minimize his involvement because that is how he does things. I'm sure Zikuski realizes that this complaint poses problems.

A little advice to Ryan is to get ahead of this because the loud rumbling noise he is hearing is the bus headed his way and there will be no shortage of people to throw him under it. 

5 hours ago, The Insider said:

A copy of the complaint with the State Division of Human Rights can be found on pressconnects and I must say it makes for very interesting reading.  At present the BPD is complete turmoil, no promotions are being made and everything is at a standstill. Ultimately the person to blame for all of this is Mayor David for not exercising any control of Zikuski. All past and present employees of the department know that all personnel decisions are handled by Zikuski.  Zikuski may say that the decision was up to Ryan to minimize his involvement because that is how he does things. I'm sure Zikuski realizes that this complaint poses problems.

A little advice to Ryan is to get ahead of this because the loud rumbling noise he is hearing is the bus headed his way and there will be no shortage of people to throw him under it. 

Quick edit needed. You mistakenly said Ryan.

EDIT: Reading below I'm gathering you were not talking about Mayor Ryan. I thought you accidentally switched between David and Ryan.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:08 AM, Ted Williams said:

Zikuski looks terrible in this complaint. He goes around calling someone a racist, then promotes him to Assistant Chief.

i do believe Zikuski has called JR a racist many times to many people. But I do not believe JR is a racist. This is just how Zikuski operates.

Ryan isn’t a racist.

5 hours ago, The Insider said:

A popout link:

https://drive.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6353527/2019-08-19-Division-of-Human-Rights-Complaint.pdf

EDIT: That is a pretty effed up read. Multiple people claim/imply he is a racist, including Zikuski, but Zikuski keeps letting Ryan make the decisions?? So much of it sounds like some kind of set up to go after Ryan but Zikuski did way too much to implicate himself. You are right Bingoloid. That is a weird read. 

Mayor David said on Binghamton Now that John Ryan was not promoted and it is on hold.  According to sources in the department Ryan has no duties at present.  All the Division of Human Rights will have to look at is how young Zikuski has went from one special job to another after a very short tenure with the department.  Not sure how much of this is racially motivated more likely business as usual at the BPD.  

John Ryan has been the Zikuski attack dog for a long time, sometime what goes around comes around.  Ryan may not be a racist he just believes he is better then everyone.

2 hours ago, The Insider said:

Mayor David said on Binghamton Now that John Ryan was not promoted and it is on hold.  According to sources in the department Ryan has no duties at present.  All the Division of Human Rights will have to look at is how young Zikuski has went from one special job to another after a very short tenure with the department.  Not sure how much of this is racially motivated more likely business as usual at the BPD.  

John Ryan has been the Zikuski attack dog for a long time, sometime what goes around comes around.  Ryan may not be a racist he just believes he is better then everyone.

This is the same kid who failed the psych exam with the Syracuse Police.