Police thwart 3-4 mass shooting threats

ginger

I'd heard bits and pieces of this all day. Good for them! I also heard in California, every time an officer points his weapon at a person he will have to fill out a report. 

I think every parent, and when school starts teacher, ought to show their students this video.

That 15 year old young man needs to lose the pink socks. I'm not too sure about that mom having a gun...I think the police ought to follow up and make sure she knows what she's doing. 

People should get used to these types of incidents. It's only the start. This is what happens  when you let in illegal immigrants, offer them insurance, credit cards, driver's licenses, etc. Hispanics and most blacks ARE no good. Just look at the prisons. Taking the guns away or reducing the number of rounds a magazine holds will have no effect. If you think an AK-47 with a 30 round clip is bad, you'd blow a gasket if you saw any of my 100 round drums and trigger cranks. My 40 S&W mags hold 17 rounds and all my 9mm mags hold 19. No one will be taking them away from me.  People are also tired of being told things like "it's ok to be gay" or be "proud even if you have HIV/AIDS".  Notice how every commercial on tv all of a sudden has fags and dykes kissing each other and every couple is interracial with mudpuppy children? It's disgusting. Being gay shouldn't be praised, it should be shunned. White should stay with white. Thank God I was raised properly. If I brought home a bluelip, my father would have killed her, then me. If any of my children brought home people of color, their belongings would be out in the street and they would NEVER be allowed back in my home ever. It's the proper thing to do. Stay with your own.

19 hours ago, ginger said:

I'd heard bits and pieces of this all day. Good for them! I also heard in California, every time an officer points his weapon at a person he will have to fill out a report. 

This is total BULLSHIT. There needs to be some kind of due process for a punk kid saying stupid shit before you charge him with a felony. None of us older people said stupid shit like that when we were kids but we didn't have hyperactive video games and this thing called the internet. Those cops are probably good guys but you can tell by how they speak they are stupid people being used as pawns for the greater system of thought and speech control. 

How about mandating this kid getting screened by a psychologist before we charge him with a fucking felony???? Am I the only who can see this? WTF people. 

75 , that 15 year old had a specific ideation. He wrote he was going bring his dad's M15 to school and kill 7 people. That's a pretty specific threat. If a 15 yr old wrote he was going to take that same M15 and blow his own brains out would you take a suicide ideation seriously?

I think the police are acting professionally but their empathetic statements sound sincerely fake. I think it would be better to explain to mom that their job is to protect and serve." We are protecting the community and your son and here is what we are going to do to help you..." or ask what they can do to help. A better statement might also be, "we are not qualified to psychologically assess your son."  

22 hours ago, ginger said:

75 , that 15 year old had a specific ideation. He wrote he was going bring his dad's M15 to school and kill 7 people. That's a pretty specific threat. If a 15 yr old wrote he was going to take that same M15 and blow his own brains out would you take a suicide ideation seriously?

I think the police are acting professionally but their empathetic statements sound sincerely fake. I think it would be better to explain to mom that their job is to protect and serve." We are protecting the community and your son and here is what we are going to do to help you..." or ask what they can do to help. A better statement might also be, "we are not qualified to psychologically assess your son."  

I just think that a suicide threat or a homicide threat out of a 15 year in today's hyper electronic world is a mental health issue not a felony issue!! If it turns out the kid is a sociopath hell bent on killing people then so be it, charge him. BUT HOW DO WE KNOW??? without a proper mental health evaluation?? The kid is a stupid kid...only 15 freaking years old.

You know the globalist left lunatics have really done a number on our society. They have normalized the killing and abuse of our children and no one see it.

Kill kids using abortion.

If they weren't aborted kill them with vaccines containing mercury and aluminum{THANK YOU HITLER CUOMO}

If they survive that, lock them up so they can't reproduce. 

The CUOMO family is directly implicated in closing down mental health facilities in New York State and those bimbos say Trump is nuts. F*ck them ,stand up for kids.

75, I would expect the teen will get a mental health evaluation and the judge can go from there. I'm no expert but... didn't you watch the video? Gun in the house, no dad , mom states teen is highly intelligent with a smart mouth. Mom states she and her son are "like this", indicating she thinks she's his best friend. She refers to him as "just a child". I don't know anything about the video games he's playing but I'm guessing it's not Candy Crush. AND, the kid is wearing pink socks. Her child stated he was going to kill 7 people indicating to me, something happened, an inciting incident. That would be my first question if I were the police or a therapist, WHAT HAPPENED?! What happened and don't tell me "nothing" because I will go to your school and talk to every single kid there until I find out.

The game involved, Minecraft, is sort of like a giant, complicated Lego set. It's about as violent and intense as Super Mario Brothers. 

From what I saw, he made an anonymous joke comment about attacking a theoretical school to strangers trying to be edgy. Turned out someone reported it anonymously, possibly just to be mean and stir up trouble.

I'm pretty sure that kind of vague remark wouldn't normally even be illegal, but Florida apparently revised their law so that you don't have to have a specific threat, just a general threat of carrying out a mass shooting.

15 minutes ago, ginger said:

75, I would expect the teen will get a mental health evaluation and the judge can go from there. I'm no expert but... didn't you watch the video? Gun in the house, no dad , mom states teen is highly intelligent with a smart mouth. Mom states she and her son are "like this", indicating she thinks she's his best friend. She refers to him as "just a child". I don't know anything about the video games he's playing but I'm guessing it's not Candy Crush. AND, the kid is wearing pink socks. Her child stated he was going to kill 7 people indicating to me, something happened, an inciting incident. That would be my first question if I were the police or a therapist, WHAT HAPPENED?! What happened and don't tell me "nothing" because I will go to your school and talk to every single kid there until I find out.

I did watch it yes. And if those cops truly thought he was a homicidal maniac they wouldn't have stood there and chatted so casually all those minutes. A huge telltale sign for me. Charging this kid with a felony is not justified. I'd bet a million bucks on it.

I just rewatched the video. Answer to what happened, Mom states, the grown ups goad him. I guess the police and the lawyers and therapist will have to assess the details of what happened in video world. Is the teen capable of differentiating reality from video world?

20 hours ago, ginger said:

I just rewatched the video. Answer to what happened, Mom states, the grown ups goad him. I guess the police and the lawyers and therapist will have to assess the details of what happened in video world. Is the teen capable of differentiating reality from video world?

I hear you but the problem is they already cuffed him and slapped a FRIGGIN' FELONY ON HIM, AT 15 YEARS OLD! Makes my blood boil. This NOT the direction we want to go. We are NOT communist China.

SPEAKING OF CHINA. BEST VIDEO ON BCVOICE RIGHT NOW IS TRUMP VS CHINA!

What part of "I'M GOING TO GRAB MY DAD'S M15 AND SHOOT 7 PEOPLE", don't you get?

Mom stated there is no dad but she has a gun which probably holds six plus one in the chamber. 

On 8/23/2019 at 7:16 PM, ginger said:

What part of "I'M GOING TO GRAB MY DAD'S M15 AND SHOOT 7 PEOPLE", don't you get?

Mom stated there is no dad but she has a gun which probably holds six plus one in the chamber. 

How about the major constitutional violation of them not telling her or him they have the right to remain silent? I'm telling you right now those are punk ass cops doing the bidding of someone like Andrew Cuomo and his NAZI red flag laws. If you can stomach it, FINE.

I CANNOT!!

Lunatic leftists will try to have half the country locked up if we continue this way. Not going to happen!

I think you're both right. On one hand, the police have to take an interest. The state's law about violent threats is clear and he did confess to it when asked.

At the same time, a felony conviction isn't the way to handle it. Diverting him to a program that can get him a psychological evaluation and keep an eye on him makes more sense - and, not that it's the only thing that matters, but would be cheaper than prosecuting and jailing him.

Unfortunately, there's not much political support for adequately funding those types of programs, so a lot of people who are just "off" and did something weird end up cycled through the criminal justice system only, where they get worse and eventually cost the public a lot more. My guess is this kid will get a plea bargain that doesn't include jail time and then nothing else will be done to help him. Hopefully, in his case, that'll be the end of it, because odds are he's just a little immature and didn't understand the consequences of trying to shock strangers.

He was going to take out 6 people and when he saw what REAL carnage looked like he'd use the last bullet on himself. The police protected him from that fate.

7 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

I think you're both right. On one hand, the police have to take an interest. The state's law about violent threats is clear and he did confess to it when asked.

At the same time, a felony conviction isn't the way to handle it. Diverting him to a program that can get him a psychological evaluation and keep an eye on him makes more sense - and, not that it's the only thing that matters, but would be cheaper than prosecuting and jailing him.

Unfortunately, there's not much political support for adequately funding those types of programs, so a lot of people who are just "off" and did something weird end up cycled through the criminal justice system only, where they get worse and eventually cost the public a lot more. My guess is this kid will get a plea bargain that doesn't include jail time and then nothing else will be done to help him. Hopefully, in his case, that'll be the end of it, because odds are he's just a little immature and didn't understand the consequences of trying to shock strangers.

He doesn't need a psych eval. He needs to be told to stay in the real world not in computer world...and to lose the pink socks. The mom states 'I hate that game" but still her kid is playing it. Somebody has to be the grown up. This unconditional love thing...kind of like back in the eighties when Doctor Spock decided "It's not the quantity of time you spend with your kids it's the quality." NO IT'S NOT.

Btw, I also noted how the police tried to introduce the concept of Maslow.."you need food water and a roof over your head you don't need video games." He's going to continue playing video games if that is the only source of self esteem he's getting. 

Somebody needs to explain to him, the people he is playing games with have zero vested interest in his well being, his future ,or his success in real life. None of those people give a $%^& about him because it's not their job, it's his mother's job.

38 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Yes, it is all I'm saying. Charging a 15 year old kid with a felony for saying something stupid is insane in my opinion. He SAID it. He did not make an overt act to DO it. HUGE DIFFERENCE!! This is the kind of thing that creates the old Soviet system or the current Chinese system. Ginger I think you have lost it you support this kind of thuggery.

Bingoloid I'm not sure there isn't political support for increased mental health programs. All of that seemed to be forced on us by politicians back in the day when they just started closing mental institutions one after another. I don't remember the public being outraged that we had mental hospitals. I think our usually corrupt politicians were having a hard time laundering our tax money back to themselves, friends and families through that system so it had to go. They always kill stuff that we need and spend it on crap we don't.

You could argue that the opioid crisis is partially a mental health crisis and look at the demand for new programs to deal with that. 

ZERO HEDGE posted a bloggers article on how this can go wrong so fast. Quick read.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-23/red-flag-gun-laws-connecticut-mans-firearms-seized-because-his-son-shared-meme

1 hour ago, ginger said:

He was going to take out 6 people and when he saw what REAL carnage looked like he'd use the last bullet on himself. The police protected him from that fate.

It strikes me that you say "he was going to", in that you think a 15-year-old boy actually does even 10% of the crap he tells other kids he's going to do. The screenshot that got him arrested shows that other kids were telling him that school shootings weren't funny, so he took it as a dare to prove that nothing would happen to him. Stupid, but it's pretty obvious from the context that he probably wasn't describing a serious plan. School shootings are all over the news so kids talk about them and say the clueless things kids say.

I say "probably". I agree with you that the police had to get involved because they can't know for sure, but odds are that nobody was "protected" from anything. The officer seems to have judged it that way, too. I think he even said something about it being for attention and seemed frustrated at wasting his time on kids popping off their mouths, yet they still have to deal with it because that's the law now.

Btw, I also noted how the police tried to introduce the concept of Maslow.."you need food water and a roof over your head you don't need video games." He's going to continue playing video games if that is the only source of self esteem he's getting. 

Somebody needs to explain to him, the people he is playing games with have zero vested interest in his well being, his future ,or his success in real life. None of those people give a $%^& about him because it's not their job, it's his mother's job.

I agree with you, but Minecraft is a goofy game about building blocks rated for age 10+. The world is full of naive moms with nice sons who are doing things when they're alone with their nice friends that mom would never believe, and the same thing could have easily happened offline. (In fact, it DID happen to a kid when I was in middle school, who was goaded into bringing a lighter to school so he could be reported for it. No police, though.)

Teenagers go through awkward phases. Something had to be done to intervene, but we're way past telling him to change his stupid-looking socks. No matter what happens in court, this kid is on Google for a felony arrest forever when it really could have been handled through a social worker in cooperation with the police, and he'll probably never fully bounce back from that.

Unfortunately, this video is also a textbook case of "never talk to the police". Somebody should have also told him that the police have zero vested interest in his well being, and that now he's properly fucked because he told the truth when asked instead of keeping his mouth shut.

1 hour ago, 19April1775 said:

ZERO HEDGE posted a bloggers article on how this can go wrong so fast. Quick read.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-23/red-flag-gun-laws-connecticut-mans-firearms-seized-because-his-son-shared-meme

75, grown ups keep their mouths shut about what they may or may not have and so do their kids. That being said, by reading the facts as presented it looks like the red flag legislation does not apply in this this situation. Maybe the lawyers bill will be enough to teach this 22 yr old to keep his BIG MOUTH SHUT.

added comment: It's not a first amendment issue. It's a common sense issue. 

Edited by ginger
added comment

1 hour ago, 19April1775 said:

So, I did read this, and the author makes some pretty serious allegations that his house was raided under the red flag law over a meme and a generally bad personality, and that the content about mass shootings was invented by the media.

Here's the problem: the author is almost completely misrepresenting the facts behind the arrest.

According to the search warrant, Wagshol has been having run-ins with law enforcement since 2008, including threatening to shoot classmates and posting about wanting to carry out mass killings. The search warrant was issued because he had tried to enlist a relative as an accomplice to a felony, asking for help acquiring large capacity magazines from a spoofed phone number. That relative then turned him in, fearing that Wagshol was finally about to do what they all always thought he was going to do.

In other words, whatever you think about red flag laws, his house wasn't raided for posting something creepy on Facebook. The FBI was given specific, credible information by a member of his own family that he was trying to commit a crime, and the search warrant was based on a large amount of information from a long history pieced together by the resulting investigation.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Warrant-I-ll-make-Virginia-Tech-look-like-14374199.php

As a sixth-grader, Wagshol threatened to shoot another student using his father’s guns after the other child’s talking made it hard for him to concentrate, the warrant said.

“I’ll make Virginia Tech look like nothing,” he muttered under his breath, the warrant said, in reference to the Virginia Tech shooting in which 33 people died the previous year. Wagshol’s case was later referred to the state Department of Children and Families.

In 2010, police received calls from people concerned about the contents of Wagshol’s Facebook page, which listed “PLANNING MASS MURDER!!!!” and “IM GENOCIDAL” under his activities and interests, according to the warrant.

In middle school, [his mother] told police, Wagshol signed up for so many firearms catalogs that she contacted the company to stop them from being sent, the warrant said.

“Kirson told the representative from the company that if her son were to commit a school shooting, the blood would be on the company’s hands,” the warrant said.

But Wagshol remained mostly under the radar until the FBI received a tip on Aug. 6 from one of his family members who claimed she received a “suspicious and alarming” call from him in July, the warrant said. The family member said she hadn’t heard from Wagshol in more than a decade.

During the conversation, the warrant said, Wagshol asked if he could have a few 30-round magazines shipped to her New Hampshire house, since they were banned in Connecticut.

When she tried to question Wagshol about the purchase, the warrant said, he hung up. She tried calling back, but the number was no longer in service, according to the warrant.

His “scary off” behavior got so bad, she said, that they stopped holding Thanksgiving gatherings and didn’t invite Wagshol to his cousin’s wedding, the warrant said.

When FBI agents later showed up on his mother’s doorstep, she admitted that she “was not surprised,” according to the warrant. She told police her son had so many run-ins with police that “they all started to blend in together.”

When asked if she believed her son was capable of carrying out a mass shooting, the warrant said, she responded, “No parent likes to say that about their child.”

The guy also had some kind of weird meltdown in 2018 where he created a Twitter account and posted 63 times in three days, mostly to the FBI. This is somebody who probably should been adjudicated mentally ill and barred from access to firearms a long, long time ago.

https://twitter.com/wagshol_brandon

(roll eyes) That's this case?! It's one of the 3-4 I read cases I perused when looking for the video. Talk about big difference in reporting. Nevertheless, what's the matter with dad? if he didn't want his protection seized he should have told his son to "stop talking or your tongue will get sunburned" :)