NYS new license plates

snowman60

Well what do you all think? NYS has constantly raped us on our registrations. So now you want us taxpayers to pay for NYS mistake on the plates? Good luck. I think the governor should get his head out of his ass. I refuse to pay that!!!!!

I suppose if the DMV mails me the new ones at no charge with a pre-paid envelope for me to return the old ones I would be willing.  

But I do not think putting up with the attitude at the DMV after a long wait just to have the ability to pay $25 to replace my fine-condition current plates is a choice I would make on my own.

2 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

$25 to replace my fine-condition current plates 

Don’t forget, if motorists want to keep their plate number, including personalized plates, there would be an additional $20 charge. Can’t make this shit up. 

In regards to the contest. Four choices featuring the Statue of Liberty would split the vote, allowing the Cuomo Bridge design to prevail. 

You gotta love NYS, which manufactures defective plates, requires you to buy them, then pulls people over and tickets them for driving with them  

22 minutes ago, WolfMan said:

While I am against new plates in this case, a one-time charge to get the same # you have now makes sense to me. There would be a special set-up to get it etc etc. Plus, it’s a deterrent. NYS doesn’t want thousands/millions asking for their same old number. If this option were free it would dramatically add to the state’s cost. 

The one that kills me is the perpetual annual cost for vanity plates. I can understand the initial cost if you wanted “27TWC” for your plate, but they also charge an *extra* $25 (or is it $20?) EVERY YEAR for that vanity plate. That’s ludicrous!

Points well made 🙂