Our Families Loss

Independent

It's been a very tough time for my family the last 3 months and a major loss to our family as well. That said was the reason BCVoice was not online and I apologize.  

Garo Kachadourian   

Aristaks Kachadourian

1932 - 2019

Aristaks Kachadourian Obituary

close-icon.png?v=2
Dr. Aristaks Kachadourian

Binghamton - Dr Aristaks Kachadourian, 86, passed away on September 9, 2019, after a brief illness. He is survived by his loving wife Adrienne (Ensher) Kachadourian of 58 years, in addition to his five daughters: Talene Kachadourian; Dr. Anise Kachadourian (George Boudoughian); Karni Griffin (Kevin); Alicia Kachadourian; Dr. Lorig Kachadourian (Michael Gabriel). He is also survived by his six loving grandchildren, Karnic, Ardem, and Maral Boudoughian, Lea and Daniel Griffin, and Maria Gabriel. Dr. Kachadourian is also survived by sister Louise Kontos (Demos); and brothers Henry Kachadourian (Victoria); Arslan Kachadourian and Garabed (Garo) Kachadourian. He is also survived by his nieces and nephews Dr. Ariana Peters-Patnode, Corinne Khederian, Mark Kachadourian, Peter Kachadourian, D'Louisa Ford, and Rachel (Kachadourian) Hendricks. Born in Binghamton, N.Y., to Armenian Genocide survivors, Parsegh and Yeghsa Kachadourian, Dr. Kachadourian graduated from Binghamton Central High School in 1951. Upon graduating he attended Syracuse University receiving a BS in Chemistry. From there, he went on to attend the State University of New York College of Medicine in Syracuse, NY, receiving his doctorate in medicine in 1960. He completed his surgical residency at Jersey City Medical Center, NJ. He then completed his training in vascular surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital, in New York City. He joined the military in 1967, becoming Captain and discharged 2 years later as Major in the United States Army at Fort MacPherson in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Kachadourian returned to Binghamton in 1972 where he became a partner in the general surgical practice of Drs. Bauman and Peters serving General, Lourdes, and Wilson Hospitals. He was a trauma Surgeon in the ER and he was a trackside Physician for the U.S. Grand Prix at Watkins Glen in the 1970's. He was a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, and a Broome County Medical Society Member (with a membership lasting over 53 years). Dr. Kachadourian was respected in the medical community. His passion and love of medicine was reflected in his tireless care of his patients. He valued his relationships not only with his colleagues but with many of the staff in the hospital. Dr. Kachadourian had a love of learning by attending conferences and would listen to lectures on his cassette tapes while walking the family dog late at night. He loved tennis, skiing and golf. He used his surgical skills while stuffing the Thanksgiving turkey. He loved talking to people and learning from them. He had a passion for his Armenian heritage traveling to Armenia twice. He was a member of St. Gregory the Illuminator Armenian Church in Binghamton, NY, where he served as Parish Council Chair and Member for many years. Dr. Kachadourian also served as delegate to the Diocesan Assembly for many years. He contributed to many Armenian organizations and charities. He relished in family events such as picnics and gatherings during the holidays and on vacations. His passion to work hard, sacrifice, provide, support and heal will forever be lessons to all he knew. The family wishes to thank the many caregiving staff of Wilson South Tower 5 and General Hospital Krembs 6 who attended to his needs during his illness. A Funeral Service will be held on Saturday at 9:30am at St. Gregory the Illuminator Amenian Church, 12 Corbett Ave., Binghamton. Burial will be held in Vestal Hills Memorial Park. The family will receive friends on Friday from 4-7:30pm at the Barber Memorial Home, Inc., 428 Main St, Johnson City. In lieu of flowers, gifts may be sent to St Gregory the Illuminator Armenian Church, 12 Corbett Avenue, Binghamton, NY 13903, www.stgregoryarmenianchurch.org

Published in Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin from Sept. 12 to Sept. 13, 2019

I have to make a correction in my brother's Obituary he was discharged from the US Third Army at the rank of LT. Colonel. Also not mentioned his passion for Basketball. He played school Basketball starting at Daniel Dickenson and through jr high then to Binghamton Central as he played exceptional ball for the best ever or one of the best teams that came out of Central. He played ball with Chuck Rolls and other great exceptional players of that team. He went on to play his sophomore year for Syracuse University after his acceptance to Syracuse U. to Medical school.

• Independent pinned, featured and unpinned this topic

I'm sorry for your sad news Garo. Over the years I recall many of my older lady friends remark that they held your brother in the highest regard.

I am glad to have found it wasn't your brother with the perfect Buick LeSabre. Please do extend my condolences. I hope you're both keeping well. :)

Condolences to you and your family Garo. Those of us who worked with Dr. Katch respected him very much. He not only taught us about medical procedures when we asked him but he showed us how a doctor treats his patients with kindness and compassion. He also shared his sense of humor with us to keep our spirits up when things got hectic on the medical floors we worked on. Dr. Katch was one in a million and there will never be another physician who was like him. He is sadly missed by the medical community and those who had the pleasure of working with him. His passing is such a loss for our area. They don't make physicians like him anymore. RIP Dr. Katch. You've earned your Angel Wings.