Beware: Front Street's Waving Sex Offender in costume

Local News Sucks

The sex offender known for standing by Dunkin Donuts on Front Street in Chenango waving to motorists is now in a Halloween costume.  This was her this morning dressed as a witch.  She is also a known animal abuser. 

Last year Fox 40 WICZ ran a story making her out to be a friendly old lady.  http://www.wicz.com/story/39588464/the-waving-lady-a-familiar-sight-for-morning-commuters-on-upper-front-street

IMG_8935.jpg

When the original story came out about this, there were a bunch of rural folks pouring out of the woodwork making a ton of very specific and angry allegations about her online. I was curious and looked but couldn't substantiate any of it. Her name as given does not appear on the sex offender registry.

Regardless of all that, if somebody is spending all day waving at passing traffic by the side of the road, they might be a nice person at heart but they're obviously more than a little off and probably in a pretty desperate living situation. I thought it was sad that the local media was making a spectacle out of somebody who should be getting help.

14 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

When the original story came out about this, there were a bunch of rural folks pouring out of the woodwork making a ton of very specific and angry allegations about her online. I was curious and looked but couldn't substantiate any of it. Her name as given does not appear on the sex offender registry.

Regardless of all that, if somebody is spending all day waving at passing traffic by the side of the road, they might be a nice person at heart but they're obviously more than a little off and probably in a pretty desperate living situation. I thought it was sad that the local media was making a spectacle out of somebody who should be getting help.

I totally agree. She obviously has some serious problems. Doing a TV story on her is classless. 

The reporter was going for a feel good story, which aired around Christmas, but it was a total swing and a miss. There were many comments on the story on Facebook about her background. I’ve never spoken to this woman but my guess is, if you talk to her for 2 minutes you can see she’s not all there. I don’t know how a reporter, editor and probably a few more people at the tv station thought this was ok to run on tv.

10 hours ago, owego said:

The reporter was going for a feel good story, which aired around Christmas, but it was a total swing and a miss. There were many comments on the story on Facebook about her background. I’ve never spoken to this woman but my guess is, if you talk to her for 2 minutes you can see she’s not all there. I don’t know how a reporter, editor and probably a few more people at the tv station thought this was ok to run on tv.

I was coming out of Weiss on Front Street a couple of weeks ago and she was coming in. We exchanged hello's as we passed. I'm not a psychic by any definition but I do have a knack for picking up peoples energy when I make eye contact or pass close by. Strangely I got no bad vibes from her. She is unique no doubt but she doesn't project anything negative right off the bat if you know what I mean.

• 3 years later...
On 10/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, 19April1775 said:

I was coming out of Weiss on Front Street a couple of weeks ago and she was coming in. We exchanged hello's as we passed. I'm not a psychic by any definition but I do have a knack for picking up peoples energy when I make eye contact or pass close by. Strangely I got no bad vibes from her. She is unique no doubt but she doesn't project anything negative right off the bat if you know what I mean.

What is the problem here? Is she standing on the bridge asking for money holding a sign, like they do in front of Weiss? No she isn't. She is just waving to people to smiles on faces. But it seems some people don't want to smile anymore 😔

Sno, she's a traffic hazard. She's completely oblivious to what's going on at a very busy intersection and if someone accidentally hits her, who do you think is going to get blamed? BTW, how are you? You know I still use that Cornell link for the eagles and hawk web cam. A lot of people on twitter are pretty impressed with it. Have a good Sunday. :)