The Little White Church in Conklin

I thought I saw it all but on the way out of town yesterday we passed by the Little White Church in Conklin and saw this huge for sale sign. When I got home I looked it up in the real estate listings and sure enough it's up for sale. That church has been an institution in the Conklin Area for many years. It's kind of sad to see it up for sale. A lot of homes in that area are up for sale too I noticed. People use to want to move to Conklin. Now there seems to be some kind of exodus happening, people wanting to move out of that area. I wonder why!

Hey MADD, you got your info wrong , with Dicks warehouse  moving in Conklin is a hot area for home sales , I checked and taxes are low , the school district is good and and it's a good place to raise a family away from Binghamton but yet close enough to stores. As far as the Little White church closing ,it's happening to church's all over the area, there is one on vestal ave that's up for sale the catholic church is consolidating church's, the younger generation just isn't attending church like the past generations.

For sure.  I worked South of the tracks on Powers Rd and in 2006 and we were sweating the water lapping the rails and our factory on the other side.  I had to drive to State Line Road and back to get there.  Lost power and went outside to watch the poor folks North of the tracks lose the battle to keep the water at bay.  

Nice dog park as well.