Kudos to the town of Waverly and others

snowman60

Hats off to the Town of Waverly!!! You did the right thing by having Halloween tonight instead of tomorrow night. At least that town is looking out for the children. I can't imagine whats its going to be like tomorrow night. Heavy rain, cold, and dangerous.

I remember back in the day, kids would go to the Oakdale Mall to trick or treat if the weather was bad (or even if it wasn’t). Not sure they even do that anymore. If so, they couldn’t possibly get much of a haul with the amount of stores there now. 

*****Edit

Looks like they still offer it. 

Trick or Treating at the Mall

Thursday, October 31

4 pm - 8 pm throughout the mall

Trick or treat inside the mall!  Just look for the black or orange balloons to see which stores are participating

1 hour ago, SouthSider09 said:

I remember back in the day we would still Trick or Treat in the rain or snow on Halloween ... nobody ever even considered moving the day. It's hard enough now to find houses that hand out candy, now switch the days on them and how many more houses will have the lights off because they didn't get the memo. 

We would also, and last year when it was definitely raining a little on and off I still took my son out... I think tomorrow is going to be a bit further than a little rain though

15 hours ago, snowman60 said:

This has nothing to do with my post!!!!!

yeah, that’s par for the course, 95% of her posts are non-sequiturs.  

And I really don’t see why more municipalities didn’t move trick-or-treating to last night.  This evening looks like a washout.  Having kids out in those conditions running around the streets definitely increases the likelihood of an accident.