Election Night Thread

Bingoloid

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curious how everybody’s voting experience was. Mine was horrific. They moved my polling place (once again) and the disorganization was laughable. A bunch of old farts who looked like monkeys fucking footballs. Struggling mightily with the latest technology. Then as I’m leaving, I get chased out the door because I forgot my sticker. 

6 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Curious how everybody’s voting experience was. Mine was horrific. They moved my polling place (once again) and the disorganization was laughable. A bunch of old farts who looked like monkeys fucking footballs. Struggling mightily with the latest technology. Then as I’m leaving, I get chased out the door because I forgot my sticker. 

Mine was seamless. My polling place moved last year so I was set there. The volunteers at my polling location had a good grasp on what to do with the tablet and it helped they weren’t born during the Taft administration however. 

Mine was fine. Workers were OK, but voters were mostly milling around in circles trying to chat with friends at the table making it a little disorganized.

I was mostly miffed that I filled in the biggest, blackest, boldest, most perfect circle you've ever seen for Korchak, marked it with the precision of an architectural draft, and the optical machine gave me a warning that it was "ambiguous". Second time drawing over it, it took. That's what left me wondering about the supposed undervotes in the count.

9 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Besides having an existential confrontation with the absurd...the lighting at my voting site was very poor and I was asked to fill out a ballot for someone who had trouble seeing. It was difficult for me to see as well.

BJ says

"And while Republican Paul Battisti is currently behind by a miniscule margin in the District Attorney's race, we remain optimistic that he will gain votes when more than 1500 Absentee Ballots are counted in two weeks."

Not that Battisti will win but "that he will gain votes".  Well of course he is going to gain votes.  Someone out of the 1500 votes must have voted for him..

On 11/5/2019 at 11:56 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

Sometimes it’s easier just to stand up and recite the pledge of allegiance with everybody else. 

As an aside, I think what happened to Dan was disgusting.

There should have been, and still should be, mass outrage at the city wasting public money to silence him for his justified noisemaking about the sewage plant. For what, because he hired an intern with his own money?

He can hire as many interns as he wants if they're helping him investigate the city's bungling. We need more of those kind of nuts-and-bolts issues from local Democrats and less of the fringe PLOT/Citizen Action lunacy.

I have nothing against Sophia, but it's disappointing that this shameful behavior was rewarded. The cancer in our local government is on full display this year.

18 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

BJ says

"And while Republican Paul Battisti is currently behind by a miniscule margin in the District Attorney's race, we remain optimistic that he will gain votes when more than 1500 Absentee Ballots are counted in two weeks."

Not that Battisti will win but "that he will gain votes".  Well of course he is going to gain votes.  Someone out of the 1500 votes must have voted for him..

This is why I can't stand these morons. They have no idea how to do straight talk. The idiot acts like if he doesn't use Orwellian speak, votes might change. Those 1,500 votes are already cast and will not change before they are counted. Well...wait. The Libertarians will have someone there when they are counted, right?

As an aside, I get my envelopes scanned and emailed to me in the morning through USPS Informed Delivery so that I know what to expect.

Guess what the only piece of mail I've had go missing since I started the service was?

The letter from the Board of Elections that presumably told me about a change in my polling place.

I can't help but wonder if some helpful mailman was taking it upon himself to suppress the vote in an overwhelmingly pro-Korchak area. 

2 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Guess what the only piece of mail I've had go missing since I started the service was?

The letter from the Board of Elections that presumably told me about a change in my polling place.

I can't help but wonder if some helpful mailman was taking it upon himself to suppress the vote in an overwhelmingly pro-Korchak area. 

HOLY 💩 

I had the same problem. EXACT same problem!

6 hours ago, Independent said:

Just to put it in perspective the leader will win the contest with those Absentees. Most of the older generation and those in the service will lean to Mike Korchak.

I think I want you to be right as much as he wants you to be right! Nothing burns my soul more than watching establishment politicians control voting. Korchak showed up for the fight and knocked them back on their heels like a champ. This was a HUGE statement by Broome County voters, HUGE. The Libertarian line? Are you kidding me?? So AWESOME.

A lesson to be learned by everyone is the Republican establishment does not currently control the Libertarian party in Broome County. This would never happen if they did.

I hope the people who direct the Libertarian party in Broome County know they are going going to make an attempt to infiltrate you. Just like Libuous did with the Conservative and Independence parties. Hold your lines Libertarians. DON'T LET THESE SCUMBAGS DO IT!

7 hours ago, Hank Mitchell said:

The City vote is what put Korchak over the top... at least for now. No doubt Battisti's despicable involvement in the Harper Stantz tragedy was a contributing factor, among others. Karma is a bitch!

Over five points in Dickinson, where SUNY Broome is. LOL.

I said it from the beginning, the better people know Battisti the more likely it is they reject him. The hornet's nest over the Stantz investigation really just gave voice to what the city already thought of him. He is the only person who is not an elected official that I've had multiple people randomly start telling me how much they hate his guts, like they were boiling over inside and just had to get it out.