Election Night Thread

Bingoloid

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All said and done most of us know he won't do it. He is just going through that entitled phase of loss. He had all the establishment endorsements he would need and Broome County voters said f**k you to the establishment. He is a proven loser who was only trying to bail his life out using the taxpayer dime. The same goes for all the "names" who signed on to his charade campaign. They are all proven losers sucking taxpayer money because they have no talent to do anything else. A cold hard fact.  

This is from the press:

" The initial count of absentee ballots late Tuesday when Korchak was announced as the winner placed him ahead of Battisti by 112 votes, though approximately 104 previously challenged ballots remained to be counted at that time. A subsequent counting put Korchak ahead by 46 votes. "

WHAT?  after  104 challenged ballots were counted, Korchak's lead went from 104 to 46?  Using my math skills,   58 more ballots were for Battisti than Korchak.

This makes no sense.  There is a reason they were challenged.  Something is wrong here.  Very wrong !

20 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

WHAT?  after  104 challenged ballots were counted, Korchak's lead went from 104 to 46?  Using my math skills,   58 more ballots were for Battisti than Korchak.

This makes no sense.  There is a reason they were challenged.  Something is wrong here.  Very wrong !

This has been concerning to me the whole time, but I wasn't sure if I had the facts straight.

It is possible that Battisti's team was simply incompetent in some way compared to Korchak's (shocked, shocked I tell you), but that is a surprising tilt.

I didn't watch TV news last night so this may be old news. This mornings paper pretty much said he believes his grounds for demanding a recount are based on the fact that this was the first year NY had early voting in place. Not sure why that would matter but whatever. Also the BOE said no recount unless a Judge orders it. Said Judge would be out of the New York Supreme Court.

21 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

I didn't watch TV news last night so this may be old news. This mornings paper pretty much said he believes his grounds for demanding a recount are based on the fact that this was the first year NY had early voting in place. Not sure why that would matter but whatever. Also the BOE said no recount unless a Judge orders it. Said Judge would be out of the New York Supreme Court.

I believe there could be errors.  Someone doesn't fill in a circle fully and 1 scanner reads it and another scanner will register it as an undervote.

But, this can go both ways.  I highly doubt there would be enough changes to affect the outcome.

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

I believe there could be errors.  Someone doesn't fill in a circle fully and 1 scanner reads it and another scanner will register it as an undervote.

But, this can go both ways.  I highly doubt there would be enough changes to affect the outcome.

Absolutely, it could go both ways. Korchak could go up by 200 or something. I personally don't think it is grounds to order a recount. The system is the system and hopefully it is good enough to keep errors to a minimum or they wouldn't be using it. It is not like anyone was caught doing anything illegal in this case. If Judges ordered recounts for every election like this D.A. race it would bring government to a halt. My feeling is it would be dumb for a Judge to order a recount just based on it being the first year of early voting. Everyone who lost would jump on the bandwagon and before you know it there would be recounts statewide. Not good.

2 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

My feeling is it would be dumb for a Judge to order a recount just based on it being the first year of early voting.

That's exactly the thing. There's no guarantee a second count will be more accurate than the first, instead of less.

I feel that the scanners are flawed: I very carefully made a dark, solid, circular mark for Korchak, and my vote was rejected as "ambiguous". I had to go back and draw over it again. However, the machine did warn me and give me an opportunity to correct it.

I also believe the ballot design was terrible and that voting was like programming a cheap thermostat. I'm certain a lot of elderly voters screwed it up, but I also have no reason to believe that prejudiced one particular candidate over the other.

6 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

That's exactly the thing. There's no guarantee a second count will be more accurate than the first, instead of less.

I feel that the scanners are flawed: I very carefully made a dark, solid, circular mark for Korchak, and my vote was rejected as "ambiguous". I had to go back and draw over it again. However, the machine did warn me and give me an opportunity to correct it.

I also believe the ballot design was terrible and that voting was like programming a cheap thermostat. I'm certain a lot of elderly voters screwed it up, but I also have no reason to believe that prejudiced one particular candidate over the other.

Yeah. If I had it my way there would be no scanners. Paper ballots dropped into a secure box period. Cheap thermostat :). Quick aside. When the volunteer did a quick review of the ballot for me to make sure I understood it she kept pointing to the Democrat line. Seemed intentional but I'm weird that way.