Sign in to follow this  
F. Lee Bailey

2019 DA's race: the winners and losers

Winners:

Michael Korchak and family, campaign staff, and volunteers:  Fought hard and persevered and didn't give up.  They ran a good and classy campaign.

Steve Cornwell and staff at DA's Office:  The results proved the public appreciates what they do and all their hard work. They should be proud of themselves.

Honorable mention:  Debra Gelson:  Ran a clean and issue based campaign.  

Losers:

Paul and Christine Battisti:  Ran a dirty and despicable campaign.  During the process their limousine company went out of business, Paul's business partner was indicted, and the Battisti Law Firm now operates out of a abandoned muffler shop. Christine used the Crime Victims Assistance Center to attack the DA's Office.  She should be fired.

Bijoy Datta and Fred Akshar:  Went in big for Battisti, knowing they were ignoring the will of the people, to take control of the DA's Office. In doing so they divided the Republican Party, birthing the Broome County Libertarian Committee.  The Broome GOP will not recover from this for years, if not decades, to come.

Sheriff David Harder:  Made baseless attacks on Cornwell and Korchak without being to back up any of his statements or provide a single example. Lost a lot of respect from the public.  Without him running again for another term, this will be his legacy.

Gerald 'Gerry' Mollen:  Resurfaced to attack DA's Office, without providing any examples or substance.  Tried to use 2019 election to avenge his 2015 loss to Cornwell.  Got smacked around by his own Democratic Party.  Tried to sell Battisti as "most experienced". This is his legacy.

Joseph Zikuski:  (See above - Sheriff David Harder).  

John and Debbie Butler:  Launched filthy personal attacks on DA's Office. They should be ashamed of themselves.  

Law Firm Jackson Bergman:  Used the court system to attack Korchak, in attempt to damage DA's Office, to gain support for their buddy Battisti.  Bergman exploring running his wife for Family Court next year?  No chance in hell.

I’d also put the local media in the biggest loser category. From the debate gaffe on television to their unwillingness to dig into, or report on, stories that were put in front of them on a platter, the local media has been nothing more than we already suspected.

Oh yeah! The local police unions for backing a long time sleeze-ball Attorney over a storied, professional prosecutor. Shame on law enforcement in general!

I agree. John Solak probably accounted for the current + margin for Korchack due to his citizen journalism. Outside of Bob Joseph, the rest of the media was in the bag for Fred and gang. 

John’s videos on Twitter making the vermin (Fred, Battisti and wife) squirm are a true twin tier treasure

Zikuski and Butler should be fired. How could their bosses let them get so involved in a campaign? 

And I didn’t see Battisti’s wife using her job at Crime Victims during the campaign, but if she did, she needs to be fired.

Dave Harder’s nephew JT Harder (sheriff’s office) and Jody Kennedy (JCPD) should be ashamed of themselves.  JT has always been a moron, but a lot of police officers lost respect for Jody for selling out for Battisti and trying to make it look like the entire JC Union was with Battisti. 

4 years ago Cornwell was in the same position, he had to wait for the absentees to be counted.

But before they were counted, he declared himself the winner and told the drug dealers to stay out of Broome County,

Brass.

1 hour ago, SouthSider09 said:

Is it official now that Korchak won? I thought they were still waiting on Absentee Ballots. 

With 3 candidates receiving votes, Battisti would have to take such a high percentage of the absentees over Korchak, it’s very unlikely he can win.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:08 PM, Endwellian said:

And I didn’t see Battisti’s wife using her job at Crime Victims during the campaign, but if she did, she needs to be fired.

While Battisti's wife didn't use her position at the CVAC, she did get a former employee, Alexandra Cade, to cook up some sob story.

Listen to her words.  The ONLY reason she would be scared is because she did something wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x7h-ikJfUs

What is Mrs. Battisti's background and education, qualifying her for one of the top positions at CVAC? Because my understanding is her previous employment was pouring shots and doing promos at bars?

Thank God most of you here have finally stopped marching in lock step with either party establishment. 

Don’t forget Christine Battisti currently has CVAC in a major lawsuit due to her actions releasing information about CVAC clients.

I would also like to know what her education is and what qualifies her to work for CVAC. 

2 hours ago, Endwellian said:

Don’t forget Christine Battisti currently has CVAC in a major lawsuit due to her actions releasing information about CVAC clients.

I would also like to know what her education is and what qualifies her to work for CVAC. 

Could you guve us more info.  I haven't heard about this one.

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

Could you guve us more info.  I haven't heard about this one.

Mirella's had an active lawsuit against CVAC for some years now. The gist of it was that when Mirella publicly endorsed Cornwell against Mollen, she believes that Christine began publicly slandering her on Mollen's behalf based on confidential information which CVAC had gotten in the course of providing her help as a crime victim. She contacted CVAC and asked them to fire Christine, and supposedly CVAC instead went to Cornwell and pressured him to keep her quiet.

The case was recently dismissed by summary judgment - there's no evidence CVAC knew what Christine was doing until Mirella called, regardless of what Christine actually did or did not do - and Ron Benjamin is appealing.

Say what you will about Ron Benjamin, but he must be making a mint representing all these people who have beefs with the Battistis. There's no shortage of them.

Thanks Bingo.

Another incident like that: I ate lunch at a local business. This was before Cornwell announced he was running for Congress.  I mentioned Cornwell's name.  He said that another patron told him that the FBI is investigating Cornwell due to the high number of plea bargains in the DAs office.  I told the owner that makes no sense.  Every plea has to have the approval of a judge in addition to the defendant's attorney and the DA.  I could see his wheels turning and he said that I was right.  He then said that he realizes that he was lied to.

Let's not forget how she prostituted herself at "fetish parties" in Vestal with Taya Hooker in the early 2000's before she passed shots out at bars, all while still employed at CVAC and still married to Mark Hanyon. She's a tramp just like her mother and Aunt Debra Butler.

1 hour ago, Drone1 said:

Let's not forget how she prostituted herself at "fetish parties" in Vestal

😦

I wasn't able to follow this DA's race as closely as I would have liked, but I was surprised no one coached Mrs. Battisti.  Or, if they did, they didn't do a very good job.

Every time she was on TV, she had a scowl or look of disgust on her face. She came off as very unlikable and arrogant.

This begs the question, what are the educational requirements to work for the Crime Victims Assistance Center?  These people are working with rape victims, and families of murder victims.  They should have degrees in social work, internships at hospitals, and some real work experience before they get to CVAC.  Pouring shots at bars and "fetish parties" should not be a pipeline to working with crime victims...

John from Binghamton should question the lady who runs CVAC.  I'd love to see her response.

More losers:  all those who endorsed Battisti, knowing he's unqualified, and knowing his baggage, but they did it anyway.  Many of these are elected officials.

The voters of Broome just gave the biggest fu#k you to the Republican and Democrats parties I've seen in the last 50 years.    No one is safe, including those who have to run next year.  The Battisti supporter elected officials should be worried.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, Officer Al said:

More losers:  all those who endorsed Battisti, knowing he's unqualified, and knowing his baggage, but they did it anyway.  Many of these are elected officials.

The voters of Broome just gave the biggest fu#k you to the Republican and Democrats parties I've seen in the last 50 years.    No one is safe, including those who have to run next year.  The Battisti supporter elected officials should be worried.

Al, let's document them now, before we forget:

Fred Akshar

Dave Harder

Greg Baldwin

State Troopers PBA

Rich David

Gerry Mollen

Tony Massar

George Phillips

Rick Ballas

Gregg Deemie

John Matzo

Brian Kradjian

Chris Papastrat

Cindy O’Brien

Scott Baker

Bryan Moore

Anything to do with the Republican Party while BJ is in charge.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, PeteMoss said:

Fred Akshar

Dave Harder

Greg Baldwin

State Troopers PBA

Rich David

Gerry Mollen

Tony Massar

George Phillips

Rick Ballas

Gregg Deemie

John Matzo

Brian Kradjian

Chris Papastrat

Cindy O’Brien

Scott Baker

Bryan Moore

Pretty sad.

I find it interesting that blowhard Town of Dickinson Supervisor Mike Marinaccio was so supportive of Battisti, but Korchak won Dickinson handily with 41%, over Battisti with 35.5% and Gelson with 23.5%. 

On 11/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, PeteMoss said:

Fred Akshar

Dave Harder

Greg Baldwin

State Troopers PBA

Rich David

Gerry Mollen

Tony Massar

George Phillips

Rick Ballas

Gregg Deemie

John Matzo

Brian Kradjian

Chris Papastrat

Cindy O’Brien

Scott Baker

Bryan Moore

Papastrat and David are two of the more underrated morons Broome County has to offer. Neither will say they took a side but their actions were clear. Especially those of Rich David, alias, Buzz Lightyear. Buzz was all over Battisti’s Facebook page supporting him and I heard he had the nerve enough to show up at Korchak’s party after the votes were tallied.

Mr. Lightyear is about to go the way of other established Republicans. That is, out the door.

Bergman and Jackson have told people their support of Battisti was "a business decision", meaning if Battisti won they would be assigned hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not a million dollars, in special prosecutor cases.  Due to all of the conflicts Battisti would have with former clients.  How's that for integrity?