Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Take out the trash

Another death in Broome county Jail

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ginger said:

I could swear I heard Sheriff Harder say on WNBF he wasn't running again.

On another note did you see I think, Madison County is refusing to comply with the bail reform? I'm looking for the article...some bureaucratic reason...they aren't set up to do that?

This is going to put a lot of stress on the probation manpower in any county to comply with this new change in bail reform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gordon Hoyt said:

This is going to put a lot of stress on the probation manpower in any county to comply with this new change in bail reform. 

I really don't understand your statement.  Not having gone through the Bail procedure, I truly don't understand.

On the surface, it looks to me like it is less work overall in not having to lock them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and now it seems a wildly unconstitutional bill made it out of committee in the county legislature to make it an arrestable offense if a first responder decides you are annoying, so the threshold for being in that jail is liable to be basically "nothing".

http://gobroomecounty.com/sites/default/files/dept/legis/November Proposed Resolutions REVISED.pdf

To say these people are union pawns is an understatement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how passing this resolution makes them  union "pawns".

There is already a State law that protects first responders that are municipal / government employees, but does not protect those FRs that work for a private contractor (Superior as an example).

What union are they catering to?

Nothing in this law states that there is mandatory jail time. 

It is punishable by up to one year of imprisonment / a fine of up to $5,000.00

Anyone in violation of this law, depending on the severity of the offense, could just be slapped on the wrist and told not to do it again. 

How is this unconstitutional?

Not trying to be an A-hole...……………I agree with you 99% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I really don't understand your statement.  Not having gone through the Bail procedure, I truly don't understand.

On the surface, it looks to me like it is less work overall in not having to lock them up.

There is a program called "Pre-Trial Release" that is through the Probation Department.  So now when a person is not put in jail because of this bail reform he/she will be supervised by probation.  Other than the people that are placed on probation and now these "Bail Reform" people this is going to put a bigger stress on the probation department to watch over all these people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gordon Hoyt said:

There is a program called "Pre-Trial Release" that is through the Probation Department.  So now when a person is not put in jail because of this bail reform he/she will be supervised by probation.  Other than the people that are placed on probation and now these "Bail Reform" people this is going to put a bigger stress on the probation department to watch over all these people. 

Got it.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the funny thing.  No PLOT or TruthPharm idiot out there even has this inmates name or ANY information about them.  If this was something of importance, don't you think the inmates family would be coming out?  Oh, but they're not, because I'm sure there's more to the story and it's most likely not anything unnatural.  I'm pretty sick of long term old man harder myself, but come on people.  Do you think everything who goes to jail works out, eats right and doesn't do drugs?  No, and it's not a Hilton or a hospital - it's fucking jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, I didn't quite understand the process myself. But still, Mayor De Blasio is going to be BRIBING people to show up in court with tickets to the Knicks and Mets? What are we going to bribe our criminals with?

Shouldn't he be impeached for that or something? (wink...I know ,I know. He can't be impeached :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WyattEarp62 said:

What union are they catering to?

Nothing in this law states that there is mandatory jail time. 

It is punishable by up to one year of imprisonment / a fine of up to $5,000.00

Anyone in violation of this law, depending on the severity of the offense, could just be slapped on the wrist and told not to do it again. 

It's a misdemeanor that comes with a record. That "wrist slap" is going to be struck down as unconstitutional, as well. The words chosen in the legislation have already been struck down as unconstitutionally vague in other statutes the past.

In any case, nearly all first responders are good people doing a difficult job with integrity, but all are just human and some are untrustworthy and vindictive, just like everybody else. We have existing laws against harassment, assault, resisting arrest, and disobeying lawful orders that are more than adequate to address situations that need to be addressed. What's going to happen in real life is that bad cops are going to use it to fabricate reasons to arrest people who correctly object to their actions, just like bad officers continued to misrepresent about the law for years to make false arrests for recording them.

Fred himself is the main cheerleader here and his ties to sketchy police unions, many of which he pulled strings with to get them to endorse Battisti, are a problem. The police unions' legislative agenda is, and always been, to maximize public employment at maximum expense with minimum accountability, both to the public and to local government. It's just more "War on Police" fantasy publicity stunting to scare the public at what is actually the safest time for American LEOs in modern history.

Bear in mind that we live in a community where the police chief's own family has committed multiple serious crimes and where he and his wife took an active role in using their badges to prevent people from getting justice, where our own sheriff purportedly let his family loot the evidence locker, and where two sheriff's deputies - one of whom was Fred - were accused of driving to the scene of an accident, threatening a domestic violence victim, and tampering with evidence, including bringing the drunk driver home to give him more beer to make it impossible for state police to determine his BAC. None of these people have faced consequences as it is, and their inevitable abuses of this poorly-conceived idea will only make people more frightened of speaking up.

As much as I disagree with their choice to disrupt the parade, it's no coincidence that this proposal was announced right after people were arrested for publicly protesting what goes on in the jail. The real "war" here is against us as taxpayers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget either Fred covering up the incident when his younger brother was in the police academy and was playing around with his issued service gun and shot himself.  And they made it look like they were at the range together shooting when it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Hoyt said:

Don't forget either Fred covering up the incident when his younger brother was in the police academy and was playing around with his issued service gun and shot himself.  And they made it look like they were at the range together shooting when it happened.

Stop annoying Fred, he's still a Port Dickinson police officer and this post is a hate crime!

You'll end up spending a night in Broome County jail.

Followed by an eternity of nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, Bingoloid said:

It's a misdemeanor that comes with a record. That "wrist slap" is going to be struck down as unconstitutional, as well. The words chosen in the legislation have already been struck down as unconstitutionally vague in other statutes the past.

In any case, nearly all first responders are good people doing a difficult job with integrity, but all are just human and some are untrustworthy and vindictive, just like everybody else. We have existing laws against harassment, assault, resisting arrest, and disobeying lawful orders that are more than adequate to address situations that need to be addressed. What's going to happen in real life is that bad cops are going to use it to fabricate reasons to arrest people who correctly object to their actions, just like bad officers continued to misrepresent about the law for years to make false arrests for recording them.

Fred himself is the main cheerleader here and his ties to sketchy police unions, many of which he pulled strings with to get them to endorse Battisti, are a problem. The police unions' legislative agenda is, and always been, to maximize public employment at maximum expense with minimum accountability, both to the public and to local government. It's just more "War on Police" fantasy publicity stunting to scare the public at what is actually the safest time for American LEOs in modern history.

Bear in mind that we live in a community where the police chief's own family has committed multiple serious crimes and where he and his wife took an active role in using their badges to prevent people from getting justice, where our own sheriff purportedly let his family loot the evidence locker, and where two sheriff's deputies - one of whom was Fred - were accused of driving to the scene of an accident, threatening a domestic violence victim, and tampering with evidence, including bringing the drunk driver home to give him more beer to make it impossible for state police to determine his BAC. None of these people have faced consequences as it is, and their inevitable abuses of this poorly-conceived idea will only make people more frightened of speaking up.

As much as I disagree with their choice to disrupt the parade, it's no coincidence that this proposal was announced right after people were arrested for publicly protesting what goes on in the jail. The real "war" here is against us as taxpayers.

Very well said Bingoloid. My 2 cents in addition to what you said is I can't help but notice the hypocrisy in the messaging. The narrative from law enforcement has long been 'we are a part of the community, work with us'. Think of all the events meant to bring the public and public safety together. Now the politicians are pushing legislation that elevates public safety above the public. They took what would be a violation, if it happened to us and made it a misdemeanor, because it happens to them. Akshar is a cancer and an idiot for pushing this.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×