Sign in to follow this  
motheragainstdrunkdriving

First Snow of the Season

PA was slippery out on the highway this morning. A tractor trailer took the curve at Lenox too fast and spilled. From there everyone started driving around forty. It looked like there was just a blustery dusting of snow but underneath, definitely ice. Once I crossed into NY the road was fine.

There wasn't anything on the road this morning. Last winter hmmmm trying to recall...seems to me it was salt on the highway. I think I saw sand on a few back roads. I know in NY it's the blue or orange liquid with salt. Those guys on 81 are phenomenal. They really know what they're doing...interesting to watch them work in tandem even if it does hold me up sometimes.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, ginger said:

PA was slippery out on the highway this morning. A tractor trailer took the curve at Lenox too fast and spilled. From there everyone started driving around forty. It looked like there was just a blustery dusting of snow but underneath, definitely ice. Once I crossed into NY the road was fine.

It always seems like Lenox gets hit with storms of every kind. Our family had a cottage at Acre Lake where we spent summers as kids. That area has changed quite a bit since then. When bad weather hits Ginger you be careful driving in that area. I always freaked out driving down the " banana hill," the first exit into Scranton especially in Winter to get to Marywoods Library.  Instead of going to the exit for Marywood. Then again Family lived in the St. Ann's neighborhood and over near Marywood so I would visit one place to another before going to the library.

My aunt and uncle attend St Anns, they live up the hill. lol :) One year, we attended Easter Vigil there.  We left at 11pm and they were still going! If you see my first post, a truck dumped itself over on that curve at Lenox.

oops sorry, that wasn't St Anns it was St Patricks.