This is outrageous!

Dolphin Girl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Even with everything BCC does, enrollment is down.  The spring enrollment is down double digits percentage.

So is Evergreen State. Down 1200 since their debacle 2 years ago. I won't be surprised when BU professors are being hunted by their students through the "woods".

10 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

lol, a hate crime...

People, first learn what the first amendment protects you from, then think about asking the question.

I heard on the radio the republican students plan to pursue legal remedy. What avenues would be available to them?

22 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  It's a reflection of the greater problems in our society with informed discussion or debate, and civil discourse.

This isn't a societal problem. This is a parenting problem.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

This isn't a societal problem. This is a parenting problem.

Parenting is but one part of our society....it is much bigger than that, Ginger. 

Parenting has nothing to do with talking heads on the media slinging mud, lies, and unfounded insinuations and conspiracy theories about. Big $$$ buy opinion wonks, and news channels (on both sides), who stream endless invective and twisted "news" stories.  It is a cultural rot that threatens our democracy, no matter what party you adhere to.

It's awfully hard to raise kids right when this is what they see...

2 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Parenting is but one part of our society....it is much bigger than that, Ginger. 

Parenting has nothing to do with talking heads on the media slinging mud, lies, and unfounded insinuations and conspiracy theories about. Big $$$ buy opinion wonks, and news channels (on both sides), who stream endless invective and twisted "news" stories.  It is a cultural rot that threatens our democracy, no matter what party you adhere to.

It's awfully hard to raise kids right when this is what they see...

Sable, the filth and venom spewing from that so called students mouth has nothing to do with the media. She didn't learn that on tv or on the internet. She learned that in her own home and neighborhood. She wanted a physical confrontation. They all wanted it.

BU needs vett their students a little better unless they plan to continue with this culture. This brand of racism needs to be unacceptable in this community. 

That being said. I see the NY Post has the story and they are all about suspending and expulsion. Send her back to the ghetto where she belongs.

aaaaahhhhhhh for the good old days of segregation, when all the Democrat hatemongers were all white Democrats.

It has been about 160 years sice Democrats last fought to keep blacks slaves and our United States of America separated. Now the slaves are in sync with the destruction of America.

But what the hell, all that is probably an isolated incident only happening in Binghampton region. Or maybe they are following barack Hussein's words about how writing and talking crap is not activism?  Hey, it works for this unhyphenated American, when I explain to people the differences between AMERICANS and Democrats.

Hey....It is only a matter of time before the mass hemorrhaging of New York residents to greener pastures and the demographics of what remains impacts each and every institution. BU and SUNY Broome are not immune. They still need to find customers to continue to exist.

Suny Broome enrollment is trending down, as are most  if not all Junior Colleges in the state. And, in a very typical government /academia reaction their strategy appears to be to increase operations.....Culinary School.....and continue open admissions regardless of academic standards. College is for everyone...free to most. Graduation rates be damned.

They also built dorms.....The Village. These dorms were primarily intended for NYC recruitment. Now after a few years It would be very interesting to see the student drop out rate for The Village as well as the Campus Police response logs pertaining to same. You plant potatoes; you get potatoes.

BU once  upon a time was considered the "Academic Jewel" of the SUNY system due to its higher than average academic standards and requirements. Watching that video should be as alarming to the administration as it was to any common sense thinker..a warning bell. But it won't be. These delusional BU administrators obviously learned nothing from their disastrous open the doors Division One Basketball debacle.

9 minutes ago, Jack McGurn said:

Hey....It is only a matter of time before the mass hemorrhaging of New York residents to greener pastures and the demographics of what remains impacts each and every institution. BU and SUNY Broome are not immune. They still need to find customers to continue to exist.

Suny Broome enrollment is trending down, as are most  if not all Junior Colleges in the state. And, in a very typical government /academia reaction their strategy appears to be to increase operations.....Culinary School.....and continue open admissions regardless of academic standards. College is for everyone...free to most. Graduation rates be damned.

They also built dorms.....The Village. These dorms were primarily intended for NYC recruitment. Now after a few years It would be very interesting to see the student drop out rate for The Village as well as the Campus Police response logs pertaining to same. You plant potatoes; you get potatoes.

BU once  upon a time was considered the "Academic Jewel" of the SUNY system due to its higher than average academic standards and requirements. Watching that video should be as alarming to the administration as it was to any common sense thinker..a warning bell. But it won't be. These delusional BU administrators obviously learned nothing from their disastrous open the doors Division One Basketball debacle.

Mr. McGurn, you failed to mention how many semesters of HS refresher courses are necessary for incoming.

To digress a bit. Remember me asking those on here how they will act when Americans begin feeling as secure as Israelis? Well, looks like the time is here. And I think some times I might explode at what has been allowed to happen. Justice not Law.

Security JB? Those students..three of them are not employable. Their behavior forever memorialized on you tube. 

"YOU'RE WHITE" 

Some people just can't behave without a piece of paper( code of ethics) telling them how to behave.

TREAT PEOPLE AS UNIQUE INDIVIDUALS! 

Ginger.....you error in believing that the end product of a career or gainful employment is a goal of that ilk.

What our wonderfully failing educational system refuses to admit and react to is that there exists a growing culture within today's society whereby primary school attendance is achieved only because it's mandatory and in many cases serves as daycare with a meal plan.

At the college level, having worked many admission placement tests for incoming students at SUNY Broome, I am no longer astonished at the level of ignorance on display. College should be the last place that many of these misguided adolescents find themselves. But.... they have been led to believe that they belong there, for many it's free; they receive government financial aid while attending; and the school gets their justifying numbers and financial reward. Whether the student succeeds becomes secondary. Wouldn't dare to even imagine what the two-year graduation rate is now. It has now become all about numbers and saving the precious institution.....survival.

I would further argue that there are many students today who have never seen a single member of their family or household gainfully employed. And so if we accept that the overall purpose of education is to provide greater opportunity for future employment but future employment is no longer considered a worthy goal, then what good is that education?? And by placing little or no real value on education it makes it much much easier to act in the disgusting manner that was recently displayed at BU.

No.......my guess is that the threat to future employability is NOT an issue here. 

When I went to BU (then SUNY-B, Harpur College) in the '70s the academic requirements were pretty rigorous (I was lucky to get in as they gave "locals" a break). Of course there were discussions, debates, and differences of opinion, but we would have never thunk that it would be OK to go to a lecture and shout down the speaker, or cause a disturbance over people distributing flyers at a table. It would not have been tolerated.  Now we have the students running the institution and the administration cowering, it seems.

13 hours ago, Jack McGurn said:

Ginger.....you error in believing that the end product of a career or gainful employment is a goal of that ilk.

What our wonderfully failing educational system refuses to admit and react to is that there exists a growing culture within today's society whereby primary school attendance is achieved only because it's mandatory and in many cases serves as daycare with a meal plan.

At the college level, having worked many admission placement tests for incoming students at SUNY Broome, I am no longer astonished at the level of ignorance on display. College should be the last place that many of these misguided adolescents find themselves. But.... they have been led to believe that they belong there, for many it's free; they receive government financial aid while attending; and the school gets their justifying numbers and financial reward. Whether the student succeeds becomes secondary. Wouldn't dare to even imagine what the two-year graduation rate is now. It has now become all about numbers and saving the precious institution.....survival.

I would further argue that there are many students today who have never seen a single member of their family or household gainfully employed. And so if we accept that the overall purpose of education is to provide greater opportunity for future employment but future employment is no longer considered a worthy goal, then what good is that education?? And by placing little or no real value on education it makes it much much easier to act in the disgusting manner that was recently displayed at BU.

No.......my guess is that the threat to future employability is NOT an issue here. 

Ginger, another great example of what jack means. Courtesy of Chico State. Just happened.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, JB 2 said:

Mr. McGurn, you failed to mention how many semesters of HS refresher courses are necessary for incoming.

To digress a bit. Remember me asking those on here how they will act when Americans begin feeling as secure as Israelis? Well, looks like the time is here. And I think some times I might explode at what has been allowed to happen. Justice not Law.

Ready to explode JB? Apparently you aren't the only one.

23 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Ginger, another great example of what jack means. Courtesy of Chico State. Just happened.

Lovely...I so need to toss my Adidas. :( It makes me sad I love those sneakers.

Was I dreaming or did I hear something about an "annoy the police" protest on BU campus today at 3 pm? Because I have some thoughts on that...

And I see FOX has the Syracuse racism story. I think BU is the better story. The students called for their presidents resignation because he didn't concede to their demands. He has conceded now apparently,  and they are still sitting there in protest. The students should expect a huge tuition increase to meet all of those accommodations. Diversity training costs money. Housing costs money, more counselors for "marginalized" students costs money. I hope they don't think the tax payers are paying for all of that.

Teach them a lesson. SERVICES COST MONEY.

13 hours ago, ginger said:

Lovely...I so need to toss my Adidas. :( It makes me sad I love those sneakers.

Was I dreaming or did I hear something about an "annoy the police" protest on BU campus today at 3 pm? Because I have some thoughts on that...

I saw on WNBF the rally was not on campus but at the county building. I looked at the footage but had no volume.  I'm not sure how I feel about that legislation. It seems if somebody is truly disruptive or distracting an officer from his duty they can be arrested anyway.  Did they give any specific examples of why they want this legislation? How it would be helpful?

Are they planning on calling it the Bob, John and Garo law? :) Because you know just their presence on the scene wreaks havoc from a psychological standpoint.

(just picking on you all :) )

2 hours ago, ginger said:

I saw on WNBF the rally was not on campus but at the county building. I looked at the footage but had no volume.  I'm not sure how I feel about that legislation. It seems if somebody is truly disruptive or distracting an officer from his duty they can be arrested anyway.  Did they give any specific examples of why they want this legislation? How it would be helpful?

Are they planning on calling it the Bob, John and Garo law? :) Because you know just their presence on the scene wreaks havoc from a psychological standpoint.

(just picking on you all :) )

They mentioned a lot of vague "what ifs" and "I saw things on the news that happen in other places". You are correct that the law already provides options for handling this.

The language proposed is blatantly unconstitutional, and as a taxpayer, I'm not interested in financing the county's legal defense if they're dumb enough to pass something that's obviously going to get them embroiled in a costly, losing appeals battle the first time anyone tries to enforce it.

3 hours ago, ginger said:

^Then again Bing, it's very difficult for me to watch the videos in this thread and NOT advocate for that legislation.  

I get it, and I have no empathy for the people who got themselves arrested. Yet, it shows that the police have the tools at their disposal already. Even the WNBF article today can only cite examples that are already crimes.

I fault the legislature for letting this pointless stunt get this far, in that it only served to mainstream PLOT's complaints and left LEOs in the middle of the resulting trouble. This should have never happened.

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Jason, Dan and someone said on Bing Now that they changed the legislation to be more in line with the NYS legislation. 

Why not just let the NYS legislation alone, don't copy it or restate it.

I agree.

Another example of the tone deaf judgment plaguing our local government. Apparently, 100 people showed up for this?

It's because people are pissed. Far left protests I've seen around town usually bring in 10-15 people, mostly over the age 60.

^ The other Bing says there isn't any recourse for the young lady who was subjected to the menacing of the "suck my dick" chick. As I said, she learned that at home...you are looking at and hearing her own parents...that whole "why are you shaking" schtick...you're looking at her mother. No amount of therapy is going to change her. That face she was making is the face her own mother made..."why are you crying" ...guaranteed.

12 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Some kids brought up right turn out wrong.  Some kids brought up in bad circumstances turn out right.   Parenting is but one part of a complex negative change in our society over the past few decades.

Sable if you can't see the descent into savagery I don't know what to tell you. You appear to refuse to believe your own eyes. Rationalizing is not an option for me.