This is outrageous!

Dolphin Girl

On 11/19/2019 at 8:33 AM, binghamtonian said:

lol, a hate crime...

People, first learn what the first amendment protects you from, then think about asking the question.

Did you know there is a law called ethnic intimidation? I'm still reading. There must be other laws applicable. I wish they'd post the video in its entirety.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/e/ethnic-intimidation/

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This incident has now gotten National attention, but not for the reasons you’d think. Elizabeth Warren refers to the BU students as “Young Warriors” and may make a campaign stop at BU in Feb ‘20

Presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren comments on BU incident. Feb visit possible

6 hours ago, ginger said:

Sable if you can't see the descent into savagery I don't know what to tell you. You appear to refuse to believe your own eyes. Rationalizing is not an option for me. 

I see quite clearly the descent into savagery...I simply don't agree with you that there is only one factor at play.  Society is complicated. You seem to like a one-button solution...better parenting. I'm not "rationalizing" anything.

I was talking to a few BU officers this weekend, two of them were at both incidents (the table and the speech that was interrupted), they both said that in the first incident the protesting kids were being baited by the Turning Point USA kid that wasn't supposed to be there. TP USA did not have a permit to set anything up and was piggy backing off the College Republicans table, who were told not to have TP USA there. They said there was more to the video than what really happened. The kids were baited and they took the bait, so that's not just the protestors, but they both said not to believe that TP USA and the College Republicans were innocent in it, they weren't. They knew exactly what they were doing and got the reaction that they wanted.

They did go on to say that the protestors at the speech the economist came in to give was just stupid on their part. One of the officers can be clearly seen in the video taking down one of the protestors. He said the first incident they should have never reacted, but they did and that made them look bad and they got out of control, the second incident, they just made themselves look bad without anyone's help.

45 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

I was talking to a few BU officers this weekend, two of them were at both incidents (the table and the speech that was interrupted), they both said that in the first incident the protesting kids were being baited by the Turning Point USA kid that wasn't supposed to be there. TP USA did not have a permit to set anything up and was piggy backing off the College Republicans table, who were told not to have TP USA there. They said there was more to the video than what really happened. The kids were baited and they took the bait, so that's not just the protestors, but they both said not to believe that TP USA and the College Republicans were innocent in it, they weren't. They knew exactly what they were doing and got the reaction that they wanted.

They did go on to say that the protestors at the speech the economist came in to give was just stupid on their part. One of the officers can be clearly seen in the video taking down one of the protestors. He said the first incident they should have never reacted, but they did and that made them look bad and they got out of control, the second incident, they just made themselves look bad without anyone's help.

Please, I don't care what you say they said.  There must be reports.  Let's see them.

Since when is telling people facts considered "baiting"?  They should have known to just Walk Away.  Immature.

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the students say on WNBF this crowd of students instagrammed each other to gather and "fuck them up". That's not baiting. In my book that's premeditation.

BTW, good morning everyone.

I want to know where the DA's are on this. What's the status of the investigation? This a no pass go case.  As previously noted, if PRESIDENT STENGER came out in the first place the second incident would not have occurred.

We are all lucky, this really could have been a disaster..I expect the fire departments are on standby. You must have seen what went on at Berkeley right? 

On 11/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, ginger said:

"You don't even know me."

"You're white."

So much for 1st Amendment Rights for Americans. So much for tolerance and peaceful assembly. So much for the idea this hate-America scum are in the minority else this and events in the other video would not happen more than once like this and a couple times showing them what Americans can do.

When hearing others say things like "GOD will not let America be destroyed " it pisses me off. The ones saying things like that are same ones who will stand back and allow s**t to happen. Maybe if folks remembered GOD Helps us but WE need to do the grunt work in order to deserve HIS help?

I stopped counting at 4 obvious laws being broken. Seems to me something other than laws need to break.

Ever have those difficult decisions in life where you know doing the Right thing is not always the Legal option? But still make the Right choice?

The United States of America was founded under 20 Laws, the 10 Commandments and Bill of Rights. Some folks have gone back to obeying those in order to achieve Justice.

President Trump is as necessary today as President Lincoln was in his day.

I think Dr Stenger should take a page from the policy of University of Chicago...this is a no trigger or safe space zone. 35 other universities have followed with their own policies. Seriously, if you can't handle yourself in the face of opposing points of view you don't belong in a university.  Go to junior college.

And somebody tell the "suck my dick" chick there is a difference between free speech and abusive speech. The line wasn't even close to being blurred in her case.

Darn JB :) why'd you have to get me going this morning? lol kidding Happy Thanksgiving BTW

Read an interesting article a few months back relative to the degeneration and pathetic state of our well funded public educational system. The dumbing-down of America if you will.....as recently spotlighted at BU. 

In a nutshell:

"We used to teach Greek and Latin in our high schools a few generations ago; now we teach remedial Math and English in our colleges and universities."

The highest tax dollar per student funded States are NOT the most successful. If our Political/Academic "leaders" we're actually taught Logic & Reasoning....and retained some of that basic logical knowledge....they would "reason" that while tax dollars are indeed a major contributing factor....they are NOT the overriding impacting factor to a better education. A more apt contributing factor might be the creation of strategies that encourage and reward the time tested reality that "education begins at home". It has always been my contention that Catholic Schools typically out perform their public sector counterparts primarily because of a high level of parental involvement......as indicated by the mere fact that the decision was made in the first place for the student to attend.

16 minutes ago, Jack McGurn said:

Read an interesting article a few months back relative to the degeneration and pathetic state of our well funded public educational system. The dumbing-down of America if you will.....as recently spotlighted at BU. 

In a nutshell:

"We used to teach Greek and Latin in our high schools a few generations ago; now we teach remedial Math and English in our colleges and universities."

The highest tax dollar per student funded States are NOT the most successful. If our Political/Academic "leaders" we're actually taught Logic & Reasoning....and retained some of that basic logical knowledge....they would "reason" that while tax dollars are indeed a major contributing factor....they are NOT the overriding impacting factor to a better education. A more apt contributing factor might be the creation of strategies that encourage and reward the time tested reality that "education begins at home". It has always been my contention that Catholic Schools typically out perform their public sector counterparts primarily because of a high level of parental involvement......as indicated by the mere fact that the decision was made in the first place for the student to attend.

Dumb parents produce dumb kids, both genetically and environmentally. 

Catholic school teachers are the lowest paid teachers, yet they produce the best students.  Catholic school teachers do not have to be certified and they do not have to get a Master's degree within 5 years.  There is no union protecting Catholic school teachers.  

13 minutes ago, Jack McGurn said:

In a nutshell:

Mister Mc Gurn I have a couple or so ideas . Good ones and actually solutions, so they will never come about.

School vouchers 

All Public Union Contracts be negotiated 100 percent in meetings open to the Public, and not agreed to without a PUBLIC vote.

Testing of Teachers (might weed out some of the affirmative action degreed Propagandists)

Discipline and Common Courtesy demanded in classrooms and hallways

Raise quality of Teachers rather than lower learning expectation in student learning ability

No longer accept ebonics as a first language in classrooms and vulgar language is unacceptable  (unless you are at home)

3 minutes of silence begins each day, for Prayer, meditation, or simply thinking of way to ……..…… .

( sorry 'bout that. better keep rest to myself)

10 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

Mister Mc Gurn I have a couple or so ideas . Good ones and actually solutions, so they will never come about.

School vouchers - YES

All Public Union Contracts be negotiated 100 percent in meetings open to the Public, and not agreed to without a PUBLIC vote. - YES

Testing of Teachers (might weed out some of the affirmative action degreed Propagandists) - BAD PARENTS PRODUCE BAD STUDENTS

Discipline and Common Courtesy demanded in classrooms and hallways - YES

Raise quality of Teachers rather than lower learning expectation in student learning ability - THIS WOULD IMPACT GRADUATION RATES.  CUOMO WON"T LIKE IT

No longer accept ebonics as a first language in classrooms and vulgar language is unacceptable  (unless you are at home) _OK

3 minutes of silence begins each day, for Prayer, meditation, or simply thinking of way to ……..…… ._ ALREADY THERE - IT IS CALLED ANNOUNCEMENTS

PeteMoss, bad teachers exacerbate the problem through tolerating existing situation.

It has been a while but Announcements were once noisy, not likely to calm the soul.

Cuomo? Cuomo? OH, the guy that controls the prisons, even the shuttered ones?

This is off subject a bit but before all the jails and prisons are half filled on the new year maybe someone should take into account what all the mental health centers and hospitals getting closed did for the Country.

43 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

PeteMoss, bad teachers exacerbate the problem through tolerating existing situation.

It has been a while but Announcements were once noisy, not likely to calm the soul.

Cuomo? Cuomo? OH, the guy that controls the prisons, even the shuttered ones?

This is off subject a bit but before all the jails and prisons are half filled on the new year maybe someone should take into account what all the mental health centers and hospitals getting closed did for the Country.

Go into a school.  Watch all the students walking and reading their phones.  They are on the bus on their phones. 

Phones and social media are the problems.

9 hours ago, JB 2 said:

School vouchers 

All Public Union Contracts be negotiated 100 percent in meetings open to the Public, and not agreed to without a PUBLIC vote.

Testing of Teachers (might weed out some of the affirmative action degreed Propagandists)

Discipline and Common Courtesy demanded in classrooms and hallways

Raise quality of Teachers rather than lower learning expectation in student learning ability

No longer accept ebonics as a first language in classrooms and vulgar language is unacceptable  (unless you are at home)

3 minutes of silence begins each day, for Prayer, meditation, or simply thinking of way to ……..…… .

I'm down with that

• 1 year later...
On 11/18/2019 at 10:17 AM, Dolphin Girl said:

So this happened on campus here is Binghamton/Vestal!  Liberals have lost their damn minds!  I don't ever see Conservatives get in the faces of liberals when they gather.  

Hi, chatting on twitter with Mike Vass...I wish there was a way to do a "WHERE ARE THEY NOW?" investigation.

:)