Number Five

Ole Blue Eyes

What's up with this? McCoy responded on Facebook to the "rumors" of the sale of Number Five.

14715459_10155732428424762_5967858241080

Number 5 Restaurant
3 hours ago

There has been a lot of rumors, talk, and now, news articles discussing the status of the sale of Number 5 Restaurant. We want to set the stories straight and let everyone know the truth: There is a potential sale currently being planned and discussed. However, there is nothing officially signed and sold quite yet. We will keep everyone informed and in the loop as things happen through this process. Please keep in mind there is always a lot of talk in this small town but don't always believe what you hear or read unless it comes straight from the source. -Jim McCoy
P.S. Do you really think I would just close my Number 5?! No, something new and exciting is being planned for the future.

I saw this story on WNBF before seeing his FB post:

https://wnbf.com/developer-plans-number-5-restaurant-site/

McCoy didn't deny it, just said it hasn't closed yet.

I have to think the developer is going to find out how much the City will let them do before they go ahead w/ the purchase.

I can't imagine what that corner/intersection will be like if they put all that in there...it's bad enough now.

The news stated "the City" is considering a bank or gas station . . . so that means student housing.  

I'm still trying to get my mind around the four story "grocery store" at Stow Flats.  Gonna be tough getting them grocery carts up and down stairs or in the elevator.

4 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Meatball sub. #14 was also another favorite. 

69-EC58-E4-B264-4854-A97-F-71-FBB830-EB9

14 was my Saturday afternoon go to favorite when I lived on the west side after a long night of drinking.  Instant hangover cure.

Panchos has a severely underrated chicken parm.

Also....true story..former WWF 80's wrestler Ivan Kolaff has been in there getting absolutely sh*t faced back in the day when the tour was in town. 

1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Meatball sub. #14 was also another favorite. The place was a total dive. Certainly not up to health code, but I miss it. Still crave stuff from the menu. 

69-EC58-E4-B264-4854-A97-F-71-FBB830-EB9

Ha!  Holy shit, love this.  Haven’t seen this menu in years.  You guys nailed it.  #3 and #14- the beef that just sat in that hot metal pan bathing in juice all day was delicious.  I was also partial to that white Mac n cheese they had on Fridays...