Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
snowman60

this site has become a political battlel field

Recommended Posts

Why is it people always vote their political party? I'm an old man i vote for who i think is the best. I DON'T care about the party line. I can either vote dem, rep, or ind. But what i have a problem with most people vote party line .  WHY?? Too many people vote party  line not for what they believe. Ok so one person is a dem, one person is a rep, another is a ind. Vote from your heart not the party line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost as bad is people voting solely based upon a candidate's ethnicity.

Drives me nuts to ALWAYS see an ethnic-owned business ALWAYS pulling for a candidate that is of the same ethnicity. 

Reminds me back in 1988 when I, a Greek, walked into a Greek-owned business and the owner (who knows me) said "You vote for Dukakis?" and I said "No". "Why not? He a Greek-a-boy", and I said "So what? I am not voting for him just because he is Greek".

Italian running for office....Italian restaurant's have the candidates sign on their property.
Jewish running for office, Jewish-owned business the same.
So on and so on. You will rarely see a business supporting the other candidate if one candidate has the same ethnicity as the business owner. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Why is it people always vote their political party? I'm an old man i vote for who i think is the best. I DON'T care about the party line. I can either vote dem, rep, or ind. But what i have a problem with most people vote party line .  WHY?? Too many people vote party  line not for what they believe. Ok so one person is a dem, one person is a rep, another is a ind. Vote from your heart not the party line!

Your post does not align with the title of the topic.

I don't know how you could think that people here vote party line only.  Where are you getting that from?  Almost everyone here voted for Korchak, even Binghamtonian.

I am a registered Republican and I did not vote for anyone on the Republican line.

I also voted for a Libertarian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Why is it people always vote their political party? I'm an old man i vote for who i think is the best. I DON'T care about the party line. I can either vote dem, rep, or ind. But what i have a problem with most people vote party line .  WHY?? Too many people vote party  line not for what they believe. Ok so one person is a dem, one person is a rep, another is a ind. Vote from your heart not the party line!

I'm not attacking or making fun by saying this but you are overlooking so much. You can vote your heart all you want but if that persons party leadership is hell bent on not cooperating with the other party you wasted your vote. A perfect example is our local congressional district NY-22. Brindisi has been worthless because the only thing his party leadership cares about is removing Trump before he exposes the swamps rampant corruption.

No trade deals passed, no real new infrastructure bills passed, no real health care reform, no immigration reform, no prescription drug price reform all because of one person in the ENTIRE country, Nancy Pelosi. Trump would sign all the bills they give him if they were solid reforms on those topics. He campaigned on those topics and as we have seen he keeps his promises.

People in around 30 congressional districts were as short sighted as you and it f88ked the whole country. Brought us to a stand still. They had no vision of what was going to happen if they voted their 'heart'. Only an idiot would not have seen that the Senate was going to stay Republican and flipping the House would be the dumbest thing you could do if you wanted real action.

What you want is only possible if we eliminate political parties. This is why George Washington was against political parties. He knew the future from past experience. So until we get rid of running for office based on parties, good luck with your hopes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, WolfMan said:

Almost as bad is people voting solely based upon a candidate's ethnicity.

Drives me nuts to ALWAYS see an ethnic-owned business ALWAYS pulling for a candidate that is of the same ethnicity. 

Reminds me back in 1988 when I, a Greek, walked into a Greek-owned business and the owner (who knows me) said "You vote for Dukakis?" and I said "No". "Why not? He a Greek-a-boy", and I said "So what? I am not voting for him just because he is Greek".

To your point, an actual comment on Battisti's page:

"If you get the chance I’d love to take to you such a gifted lawyer it’s just that loyalty lies in the wrong hands Rt now. You have the power to show us that your loyalty is with your blood & we would love to have you in office nothing better than a true Italian. This is the same reason Cuomo has survived in NY as long as he has he protects us he takes care of his ppl first his blood first is first this is what we need to see in you that you are for us all the other political shit can follow but we need to see this first."

Hoo boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 6:40 PM, 19April1775 said:

I'm not attacking or making fun by saying this but you are overlooking so much. You can vote your heart all you want but if that persons party leadership is hell bent on not cooperating with the other party you wasted your vote. A perfect example is our local congressional district NY-22. Brindisi has been worthless because the only thing his party leadership cares about is removing Trump before he exposes the swamps rampant corruption.

No trade deals passed, no real new infrastructure bills passed, no real health care reform, no immigration reform, no prescription drug price reform all because of one person in the ENTIRE country, Nancy Pelosi. Trump would sign all the bills they give him if they were solid reforms on those topics. He campaigned on those topics and as we have seen he keeps his promises.

People in around 30 congressional districts were as short sighted as you and it f88ked the whole country. Brought us to a stand still. They had no vision of what was going to happen if they voted their 'heart'. Only an idiot would not have seen that the Senate was going to stay Republican and flipping the House would be the dumbest thing you could do if you wanted real action.

What you want is only possible if we eliminate political parties. This is why George Washington was against political parties. He knew the future from past experience. So until we get rid of running for office based on parties, good luck with your hopes. 

 

 

The two entrenched political parties have become the bane of our democracy. And $$$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 11:20 AM, snowman60 said:

Why is it people always vote their political party? I'm an old man i vote for who i think is the best. I DON'T care about the party line. I can either vote dem, rep, or ind. But what i have a problem with most people vote party line .  WHY?? Too many people vote party  line not for what they believe. Ok so one person is a dem, one person is a rep, another is a ind. Vote from your heart not the party line!


if you are only 60 you are not old.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×