Sign in to follow this  
Officer Al

Second racial complaint filed against Joe Zikuski

https://wbng.com/news/top-stories/2019/11/25/racism-complaint-filed-against-binghamton-police-chief-captain-mayor-david/

So in the last five years,  Zikuski has had a sexual harassment complaint, a racial complaint against an African American officer, and a racial complaint against a Hispanic officer.  Also add in there Zikuski got involved in the District Attorney's race using his official position as Chief (against state law) and ended up on the losing side.

How much more of Zikuski can the city of Binghamton withstand?

Huh. 

I’m shocked.

Stunned.

Not really.

The chickens are finally coming home to roost at the BPD. Rich David could have taken care of this problem when he took office but he instead turned a blind eye and tipped a few martini glasses with his Chief of Police.

How’s that going for ya now, Richie boy? I hear there is a local attorney that needs work, and is buddies with law enforcement. Especially good friends with your Chief. Heck, I even heard you are chummy with him. Maybe he’ll give you guys a discounted rate on all the lawsuits you and your police department are facing?

Hope you don’t plan on running for another public office, Richard. Back to the bar business where you belong.

Don’t forget the gender discrimination suit that they settled about 7 or 8 years ago. Maybe those “non-disclosure clauses” should be challenged in court. 

I’m actually impressed that some of those officers finally grew a backbone. This nonsense has been going on since Zikuski was captain, and only a few people stood up to him. It’s high time that all his crooked dealings and corruption get aired in public.

I started to read the complaint on my way home but fell asleep.

Yes I'm starting to read it all over now..

:) I should never read OTR! .

1 hour ago, ndirish said:

It'd have a lot more credibility if his attorney wasn't Ronald R. Benjamin.

Not so much credibility but dealing with a law office that fights for their clients. Benjamin is the most incompetent attorney in Broome county!! Money money money is all Benjamin thinks about to pay for his gambling addiction in my opinion. Never truly fights for his clients. 

On 11/25/2019 at 5:32 PM, Officer Al said:

and a racial complaint against a Hispanic officer. 

By definition this cannot be construed as racism. Still very, very wrong and legally so, but it’s not racism. He’s caucasian. (unless of course he’s negroid, mongoloid etc and just has a Hispanic name.). Just sayin’

Oh, yikes. The allegations in Quinones's complaint are horrific and make Zikuski look much worse than Hamlett's. It spells out how Zikuski went on a vindictive campaign to destroy Quinones's career after finding out he'd talked to Personnel in support of Hamlett.

I was wondering when Old Z was going to lose control and the officers were going to feel comfortable rebelling. This reads like it's happening. Time for Zikuski to cash in that pension and take up fishing.

Zikuski is not the only one to blame here, he only gets away with what Rich David allows and endorses. The BPD is in free fall and David has stood by and watched it happen.  In the Quinones's complaint a couple names stand out. For instance Theresa Johnson for those of you who do not remember when the phone records were obtained by BCVOICE regarding Zikuski's  city issued cell phone there were numerous calls from Johnson to the Chief on the log. Strange that a patrol officer would be allowed to call the Chief of the department at will. Really makes one question the nature of the relationship.

Also Sgt. Nick Hardy for all intents has been fired by the City of Binghamton, his locker was emptied and he is not allowed on premise. Complaints against Hardy were received from officers about various conduct issues. It would be interesting to know if Johnson was one of these officers.  Also going to point out Hamlitt, Quinones and Hardy are all decorated combat veterans who served our country with distinction and were honorably discharged. In recent memory Zikuski reassigned a longtime narcotics investigator to patrol after the officer was deployed for a year. Perhaps this is all coincidence but you have to wonder.