Lawoffice

Sore Loser Francis

F. Paul should have waited a little longer to file on the day before Thanksgiving. Back in the early 1900’s, Thomas Edison proposed electrical vote machines. But politicians of the day balked at the idea. Why? Because it’s easier to manipulate paper ballots. F. Paul is pathetic in every sense of the word.

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

Did the complaint land somewhere where I can read the complaint? What is he alleging that Francesco Porcari has standing?

It is out on the BC clerk's website.

The OSC lists Gelson and Korchak as Candidates for mayor.

And he wants to be the DA.  What a joke!

Porcari is a voter of Broome County.

Francis wants copies of all of the Ballots.

He wants the court to declare him the winner.

He also states that Gelson has been mathematically eliminated.

Thanks. I didn't see it on my first search.

I skimmed over the complaint. Two things jump out at me:

- Battisti's complaint states, reasonably, that the optical machines are flawed and may have recorded spoiled ballots or even misread votes entirely. I'm sure they did. Yet nothing I saw alleged a flaw that would actually prejudice Battisti's campaign, as opposed to prejudicing every ballot equally.

- I don't know the case law in detail, but the equal protection argument for a recount seems absurd. On a first reading, Battisti seems to be arguing that any county can adopt costly election procedures and that any county which does not follow those procedures is suddenly violating the rights of their citizens. Bush v. Gore addressed this issue, but that was where different ballots in the same race were counted under different standards because multiple counties were involved. The net effect of that was to *stop* the county-level recounts. All ballots here are treated equally, because they are all in Broome.

If there was a claim that the county did something which specifically came at Battisti's expense, I'd be tempted to support a recount in the interest of fairness. If it's there, I missed it. All I saw were variations on "but it was really close, though".

He also states that this must be decided by Dec. 5th. 

He wants an answer from Broome County by Dec 4th.  The county attorney answered back that due to the holidays, he can't answer by Dec 4th.  This essentially says that we are not going to look into it.

I'm pretty sure they'll receive their adjournment. If the judge isn't looking for a reason to let the county destroy the petition and get this off his schedule, I'd be amazed.

If you look into it, Battisti's attorney, John Ciampoli, is a shady Republican operative from Long Island who spends his time dreaming up election technicalities to litigate. He was fired as Nassau County attorney for his role in the AbTech bribery scandal that got Skelos sent to federal prison.

https://buffalochronicle.com/2016/08/17/ciampoli-a-skelos-apparatchik-in-town-to-kick-stocker-off-ballot/

Interestingly, as Nassau County attorney, he filed a lawsuit against the state board of elections in 2010 demanding that optical scanners be banned as unconstitutional. County of Nassau v. State was dismissed, clearly finding that the state constitution authorizes the legislature to select alternative voting methods and that's that. (In fact, they even touched on a related point to the one I made above about the equal protection clause.)

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5914604aadd7b0493422afec

Ciampoli knows full well that state courts have already rejected his key tactics here, because he was the plaintiff's attorney in that case, too. I assume Ciampoli is pronounced to rhyme with Quixote.

It's nothing more than the same thing that is happening in state and federal elections...if you lose, whine and cry that there was a miscount, voter fraud, somebody stole a server and shipped it to Mars, East Kareokestan rigged the vote, etc. 

The gentle art of losing gracefully has gone the way of the horse & carriage (unless your Amish or Mennonite). To Battisti, I say "suck it up, buttercup".

9 hours ago, Wilfrid Laurier said:

Hillary Battisti

Hmmm...it was Trump who claimed voter fraud, even though he won the Electoral College, and lost the popular vote.

1 hour ago, M_Sable said:

Hmmm...it was Trump who claimed voter fraud, even though he won the Electoral College, and lost the popular vote.

Clinton blames everybody but Freemasons, Illuminati and the Lizard People. This delusional hag was almost President. 

Thanks for posting that. If I had the time I could turn every single one of those reasons around on her. Bottom line....people think she's a murderer and that's why they aren't going to vote for her. Same goes for Biden...people think he's capable of murder.

President Trump joked about shooting somebody on 5th ave. The media tries to portray his family like the mafia. I think I heard we lost 19 soldiers this year and I'm betting President Trump feels crappy about every single one of them as opposed to Hillary/Benghazi "what difference does it make now" attitude. Furthermore, if she's thinking of running again she can forget it. She barked like a dog on TV...our enemies will eat her alive, OMG how much fun will Putin have with that. He already messes with Angela Merkel every chance he gets.

President Trump has been actively trying to limit death. The left should feel lucky he's the President. I can't tell you what my response would have been when Otto Warmbier was sent back to us in the condition he was in.

If I was president I would be hosting Christmas eve dinner for the families of those soldiers...and yes, he should do it at Mar Lago since that's his home now.   

7 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Clinton blames everybody but Freemasons, Illuminati and the Lizard People. This delusional hag was almost President. 

Hillary is a lizard person.

Do you want my honest opinion? You aren't going to like it. Keep in mind I did vote for Mike Korchak on the Libertarian line. I thought about writing it in but the end of the marker was worn and I didn't want any mistakes like I misspelled his name.

I think 55 votes is too close a margin. The consolidation of polling sites is suspect and I wonder, at least in my own district if some elderly were disenfranchised and replaced with people voting their pyjamas. I wonder that somebody went door to door in Country Town to drag people out of their beds to vote. I wonder how many of those people had to fill out affidavits because they weren't registered. I also wonder if any of those people were illegal aliens.

I'm ticked off about that election not so much for the position of DA but because Mr Cordisco came out on the losing end. I'm kind of hoping a recount and further inspection of those ballots may or may not help him out.

6 minutes ago, Nyrfan said:

or maybe they were Ukrainians - ps my original post was referring to your off topic comment ;)

I don't like losing either. :)

44 minutes ago, ginger said:

Do you want my honest opinion? You aren't going to like it. Keep in mind I did vote for Mike Korchak on the Libertarian line. I thought about writing it in but the end of the marker was worn and I didn't want any mistakes like I misspelled his name.

I think 55 votes is too close a margin. The consolidation of polling sites is suspect and I wonder, at least in my own district if some elderly were disenfranchised and replaced with people voting their pyjamas. I wonder that somebody went door to door in Country Town to drag people out of their beds to vote. I wonder how many of those people had to fill out affidavits because they weren't registered. I also wonder if any of those people were illegal aliens.

Why would you write in his name if you could just fill in a dot to vote for Korchak?

55 - Too close? How many people wrote MIke Korchak in and it wasn't counted? If each ballot is reviewed, would Mike Korchak be accepted?  What about if someoone wrote Francis Battisti?  Would that count?  Or F. Paul Battisti? Would that count?  No, If you can't figure out how to vote correctly, your vote shouldn't count.

There is nothing wrong if someone went door to door and dragged people out to vote.  Irrelevant.

You have nothing Ginger.  It is over.  Accept the results and move on.

59 minutes ago, ginger said:

So, like F. Paul, you are throwing shit against the wall in hopes something will stick.

I'm not a libertarian, I didn't want to vote on that line. 

:) I know Pete. Nevertheless, I also wonder how many felons live in Country Town and were dragged out of bed to vote too? Does somebody actually check when you fill out those affidavits? I'm not supposed to question the mental competency of somebody who shows up to vote in their robe, pyjamas and slippers? And if I recall correctly, my mother told me the state is paying big bucks for those apartments to act as housing for people who may or may not be incompetent.

13 minutes ago, Wilfrid Laurier said:

So, like F. Paul, you are throwing shit against the wall in hopes something will stick.

I'm just asking, I don't really know anything about election law.

8 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Why would you write in his name if you could just fill in a dot to vote for Korchak?

I hope this isn't a common practice. That vote would not be counted, and legally, is invalid:

https://govt.westlaw.com/nycrr/Document/I4fa94c82cd1711dda432a117e6e0f345

(12) Write-in votes are votes cast for a person or persons whose name(s) do not appear on the official ballot.
(i) Write-in votes for persons who names appear on the official ballot for that office or party position shall not be counted.