Snowstorm Hysteria Thread

Bingoloid

59 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

It turns out, the District Attorney's race didn't matter, because we will all be dead under the weight of our collapsed roofs by Monday night.

The questions is, how many flakes will it take to make those roofs collapse and will we need to count them multiple times to get an accurate answer?

9 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

So global warming is going to kill all of us in less than 12 years?  AOC was WRONG!!!

I knew it.

I view the question of climate change as a risk vs. reward poker bet.

If we invest in reducing carbon emissions, over-population, clean energy and water, sustainable food production, and all that, and it turns out that climate change was all an incorrect assessment, then we spent a lot of money, but it's still somewhat beneficial.

If we place our bets on climate change being bogus, do nothing, and it turns out that the warnings are correct, then we have condemned future generations to a world of hurt.

The risk vs. reward calculation is quite clear, and the better choice is actually quite Conservative, in the old fashioned way.

2 hours ago, M_Sable said:

If we invest in reducing carbon emissions, over-population, clean energy and water, sustainable food production, and all that, and it turns out that climate change was all an incorrect assessment, then we spent a lot of money, but it's still somewhat beneficial.

If we place our bets on climate change being bogus, do nothing, and it turns out that the warnings are correct, then we have condemned future generations to a world of hurt.

The risk vs. reward calculation is quite clear, and the better choice is actually quite Conservative, in the old fashioned way.

Do the high priests of Global Warming act like they believe their own homily?  No.

Al Gore has 3 homes.

Obama just bought beach front property.  How many homes does he have? 3

How many times did Obama and Michelle take separate planes to vacation in Hawaii?

Hundreds of GW proponents take private jets to GW conferences.

There were many predictions made years ago, the vast majority have not occurred.

----------------------------------------------------

I do agree with you that we can and should reduce our use of fossil fuels.  However politicians are just looking at this as just another way to tax us and have more money to spend.  This is what upsets me and many others.

15 hours ago, M_Sable said:

I wish I thought of this but I didn't. I was watching a discussion somewhere on climate change being a hoax or real. Someone made a brilliant point.

If all the coastal cities are going to be under water <again> why are banks still issuing mortgages for existing and future luxury homes and hotels on prime beach front properties? The most profit driven industry on the planet is ignoring all of the hysteria. That is all you need to know.

HOAX.

They want more tax money out of you, period.

I was just out there. I needed a can of crushed tomatoes. The roads were fine. DPW had already salted our street but walkways are treacherous. On my way in the door it started raining ice. I imagine things are going downhill from here.

Nice to note...last night it looked like 81 and 17 had been pretreated. In fact up by Syracuse they already had the trucks parked in the ,medians on standby. As I've mentioned before, those guys who plow up Syracuse way really know what they're doing...it's like watching a ballet.

34 minutes ago, ginger said:

Not from a lack of effort from Jones. :)  And the ice continues to pellet the house. Catching the end of the Eagles game right now. 

Eagles need to sack that QB Wentz or whatever his name is. I've never liked him so I am am biased. Loses to the Dolphins? Really Philadelphia? Bounce his ass. Chiefs vs Raiders CBS now.

EDIT: Correction. Raiders vs Chiefs, they are in KC.

Is it just me or does it look like the worst has already passed? Are they saying we will get dumped on by a wrap around or what? #FAKENEWS strikes again?? Will find out in the morning. Screen cap is 4:45 EST.

5197504b56f2cf47.png?1575236875

15 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

Is it just me or does it look like the worst has already passed? Are they saying we will get dumped on by a wrap around or what? #FAKENEWS strikes again?? Will find out in the morning. Screen cap is 4:45 EST.

5197504b56f2cf47.png?1575236875

I've been wondering the same thing.  I guess it's going to push up from the coast but who knows. 

^^Fake is right. We aren't going to get jack unless it is engineered to turn around in the middle of the night. It has already left the stage. Where is Howard and all his drama when we need him to keep bread and milk flying off the shelves?