Snowstorm Hysteria Thread

Bingoloid

14 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Eagles need to sack that QB Wentz or whatever his name is. I've never liked him so I am am biased. Loses to the Dolphins? Really Philadelphia? Bounce his ass. Chiefs vs Raiders CBS now.

EDIT: Correction. Raiders vs Chiefs, they are in KC.

Seriously disappointed with the Eagles, they needed that win. I agree about Wentz, I thought he was going to be great for that team but he's had problems from the beginning. but so have every qb in the past 20 years, McNabb, Vick, and a few other short timers. They should have hung onto Foles but I guess he got benched yesterday too...not sure what happened.

12 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

^^Fake is right. We aren't going to get jack unless it is engineered to turn around in the middle of the night. It has already left the stage. Where is Howard and all his drama when we need him to keep bread and milk flying off the shelves?

There's a lot of #fakes now in my driveway right now. Hopefully it's a le to be reverse engineered so that when this thing turns around again it takes the snow up with it.

14 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Is it just me or does it look like the worst has already passed? Are they saying we will get dumped on by a wrap around or what? #FAKENEWS strikes again?? Will find out in the morning. Screen cap is 4:45 EST.

5197504b56f2cf47.png?1575236875

When I woke up a half an hour ago there was app. 3 inches on my deck. I see the snow just started dumping on us. There was an inch of ice built up on my car at 6pm. I imagine it's going to take some doing to defrost again.

1 hour ago, joehill7469 said:

all this snow I'll survive this calamity on the french toast diet  , I'm all set , got eggs,milk, and bread.

That sounds yummy except I'm not hungry yet. I woke up at 2 am and ate the last piece of chocolate pie. 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:51 AM, M_Sable said:

I view the question of climate change as a risk vs. reward poker bet.

If we invest in reducing carbon emissions, over-population, clean energy and water, sustainable food production, and all that, and it turns out that climate change was all an incorrect assessment, then we spent a lot of money, but it's still somewhat beneficial.

If we place our bets on climate change being bogus, do nothing, and it turns out that the warnings are correct, then we have condemned future generations to a world of hurt.

The risk vs. reward calculation is quite clear, and the better choice is actually quite Conservative, in the old fashioned way.

"risk v reward"? Explain that please?

My younger years in school never prepared me for the lunacy of what is todays indoctrination centers. 

We learned about the 2 known Ice Ages and their receding, and never once did the Nuns mention cow farts, humans exhaling, or any of the other crazy propaganda now believed by the Democrat Party electing prols. In fact it was once known, or believed, that receding glaciers formed the Finger Lakes.

During my entire life climate change has been Real, not only during seasonal changes but to be quite honest, even on a daily basis. Yesterday morning it was balmy then the afternoon had me scraping ice off the windshield. Is it wrong to simply accept those extremes as Mother Nature keeping control, not humans? And Mother Nature does not demand we change our lifestyle to suit her, nor does she demand we give our hard earned dollars in order for her to fly around the world partying on our dime. (Hey, what ever happened to the deadly ozone holes supposed to wipe out civilization before the year 2000?)

For Democrat Party and other anti-American hyphenated ones climate change blather is nothing more than a distraction from true dangers such as Terrorists in our Congress and Streets, no Border Control, Wikipedia changing FACTS to suit Politically Left agendas, and manymany other REAL threats to our Country and World.

On the bright side, not all Laws passed in the past 10 years have made me a criminal overnight.

8 hours ago, JB 2 said:

My younger years in school never prepared me for the lunacy of what is todays indoctrination centers. 

We learned about the 2 known Ice Ages and their receding, and never once did the Nuns mention cow farts, humans exhaling, or any of the other crazy propaganda now believed by the Democrat Party electing prols. In fact it was once known, or believed, that receding glaciers formed the Finger Lakes.

During my entire life climate change has been Real, not only during seasonal changes but to be quite honest, even on a daily basis. Yesterday morning it was balmy then the afternoon had me scraping ice off the windshield. Is it wrong to simply accept those extremes as Mother Nature keeping control, not humans? And Mother Nature does not demand we change our lifestyle to suit her, nor does she demand we give our hard earned dollars in order for her to fly around the world partying on our dime. (Hey, what ever happened to the deadly ozone holes supposed to wipe out civilization before the year 2000?)

For Democrat Party and other anti-American hyphenated ones climate change blather is nothing more than a distraction from true dangers such as Terrorists in our Congress and Streets, no Border Control, Wikipedia changing FACTS to suit Politically Left agendas, and manymany other REAL threats to our Country and World.

On the bright side, not all Laws passed in the past 10 years have made me a criminal overnight.

Ask any global warming extremist why there are ancient cities underwater off the coast of many continents to explain how that was man made.

Search "underwater cities" where you get the best results with your browser. 

Spoiler alert. They aren't underwater because of burning oil.

12 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Place your bets as you wish ;)

On 12/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, M_Sable said:

Place your bets as you wish ;)

First bet - When shopping for Christmas Sales there is a good possibility snow will be encountered when leaving the shops. I bet a dollar on it being so.

Second bet - When shopping during "Christmas in July" sales there is a good possibility sun tan oil would be safe purchase before leaving the shops. I bet a weeks salary on it being so.

As always, when snow is on the ground and left alone it will eventually melt, go away. As is natural.

When snow stops falling for a few months the grass keeps growing and will continue to do so until cut. As is natural.

All the additional "taxes" extorted and confiscatory taxes misused will not change what has been happening since the known beginning of our planet. The weather in the USA I can only speak about for nearly the past almost 80 years and the only climate changes my observations lead me to believe happen daily and seasonally.

So you continue to believe you can help the planet survive by giving more of your money to the anti-American Democrats (and others). 

Common Sense

Very funny....for now  ;)  You're now betting that the pot is small, so it doesn't matter.  We'll see, as we'll both be in another place if and when it all becomes evident. Maybe we'll have a beer in heaven and get over squabbling.

P.S. We don't give money to either Republicans or Democrats....we give it directly to local charities doing good work in our small, rural community, aside from our own volunteer time.