Roads are awful! Stay home!

Endwellian

1 hour ago, DJC said:

We can't get out of our drive way in Binghamton.  How is there not a state of emergency? 

I have to agree with you. Jason doesn't have the ability to realize the serious situation's the weather creates. But then again i question his abilities to do the right thing to protect the public! He's way over his head and everyone talk's about it behind his back. It's really funny i get a laugh from it!

I’m shocked there’s not a state of emergency. I’ve been a first responder for close to 20 years. I’ve been out there today and it’s not good. 

There needs to be a state of emergency with travel restrictions, to keep non-essential vehicles off the roads for plows and emergency vehicles.

1 minute ago, WyattEarp62 said:

Just another example of Garnar not being up to the job...………………..2020 elections less than a year away!

Can anyone say "ONE TERMER"!

If the Reps put someone good to run against him and that person pays Datta $20K. 

Maybe the Libertarians have someone in mind.

My coworkers and I agree everyone did an outstanding job with the plowing. My street in the City of Binghamton had snow but DPW came down several times throughout the entire storm. Thanks Mayor David and DPW guys! I did end up working last night and the highways were clear.

BTW 27, PA was using salt not sand and they were still salting at 3-4 in the morning. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All in a night's work. At 6am, in one half hour, half an inch of ice fell in Rome, NY. Last week when it snowed Rome was using sand not salt. In the next hour and a half , 2-3 inches of snow and ice dumped on Syracuse. South on 81, the plows couldn't keep up. I tried to keep myself behind a tractor trailer and some elderly man followed me down. Even with my Jeep set in the snow terrain mode the best I could do was 40-45 mph.

So I get to the rest area by Whitney Point and slow down to 35 mph because I know what's coming, hit the 4 way flashers and the man behind me does the same. Two semis and an oil tanker pass us by hogging the road tail ends kicking out." Whatever" I say to myself, Well the oil tanker jack knifed...it looked like his cab may have crashed right into the mountain. The police were already there. Then I got to Castle Creek and a trooper was stopped with his lights on but I didn't see a vehicle...I think it may have ended up on the other side of the mountain...that's a long drop. I hope everyone involved is ok but you know...I've complained about the oil tankers before. They're the most irresponsible truck drivers ever.

Oh, and last night in Cooperstown a box truck beeped at me because I was going too slow, (35 in a 45) passed me, spun out and almost hit a tree. grrrrr...:) I love my job! Have a cozy day!