Death to America

27 Time World Champions

More like their parents were afraid we were going to bomb the you know what out of them. What were all of those "Canadiens" doing in Iran? Lets see a list of their names. Somehow I'm guessing they don't sound anything like Yvan Cournoyer...the roadrunner :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, ginger said:

What were all of those "Canadiens" doing in Iran? Lets see a list of their names. Somehow I'm guessing they don't sound anything like Yvan Cournoyer...the roadrunner :)

I had typed this up before we went offline:

"Same thing people of every ethnic background go to the old country to do during the holidays, visit their family, I guess.

Either way, that's the point. A lot of the victims were Canadian citizens with lives in Canada, but left behind thousands of Iranian households to whom they are aunts, uncles, cousins, grandchildren, etc., plus Iranian students in Canada who have lost their friends and roommates and will remember this wherever they go next.

Gorbachav always said Chernobyl was the real cause of the fall of the Soviet Union, the moment ordinary Soviets realized the system was broken and there was no going back to trusting the delusional geezers in charge."

Sure enough, the day after we went offline, Tehran admitted to the shootdown, and protest mobs of thousands started forming on university campuses across the country screaming "death to the dictator". An Olympian defected to Europe, and two state television anchors resigned, with one apologizing for "13 years of lies". Apparently the government has resorted to shooting at protesters with live ammunition. Both Western and Arab media have started to refer to it as a possible "Chernobyl moment". They had to start tearing down memorials to the general to put up memorials to the crash victims.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/world/middleeast/iran-plane-protests.html