NYS Court of Appeals

PeteMoss

The fact that Battisti filed an appeal has lead me to the NYS Court of Appeals website to research his appeal.

https://www.nycourts.gov/ctapps/

Talk about a do nothing job, this is it.  They typically have hearings 3 days a MONTH.  3 Days! 

In December they heard NO appeals.  They had the whole month off.

So for January, in the 3 days, they heard 11 appeals.  True, they will have to write up their findings but that is the job of their secretaries and law clerks.

There are 7 judges appointed for 14 year terms.

The posting of new cases is 1 month behind today's date.  I can find NOTHING about Battisti's case on their website.

It will be months before they hear the case and arrive at a decision. Good for us.

What a cushy job.  $208K a year.

59 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

The fact that Battisti filed an appeal has lead me to the NYS Court of Appeals website to research his appeal.

Talk about a do nothing job, this is it.  They typically have hearings 3 days a MONTH.  3 Days! 

So for January, in the 3 days, they heard 11 appeals.  True, they will have to write up their findings but that is the job of their secretaries and law clerks.

The posting of new cases is 1 month behind today's date.  I can find NOTHING about Battisti's case on their website.

It will be months before they hear the case and arrive at a decision. Good for us.

When I see something like this I always remember I NEVER voted to have my property taxed. Do you ever get the feeling a whole lot of the system was put in place without us having a say? Communism.

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

Don’t forget their Pension!!

3 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

When I see something like this I always remember I NEVER voted to have my property taxed. Do you ever get the feeling a whole lot of the system was put in place without us having a say? Communism.

Absolutely.  This is why the NYS budget is out of balance by $6,000,000,000.

11 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Absolutely. 

All Health Insurance Plans are different.  I suspect that they have the Cadillac health care plan. 

I can guarantee that they are not on Obamacare.

Reminds me of NYS school superintendents. Some of the highest county employee earners and their salaries are higher than some of these judges.

As usual I agree^ I did get a chance to listen to most of the state of the state address. I think I heard Governor Cuomo state property owners were going to have to pay a larger amount for Medicaid this year. I have my own medical bills and prescriptions to pay for. 

And not to change the subject...enough with the renewable energy. He needs to leave that to the private sector. How screwed up is it that he won't allow the pipeline but expects NYC to be fully serviced and then upstate gets charged extra to cover that AND windmills AND solar...AND he wants to equalize cost per pupil because some wealthy municipalities pay up to $36gs per student...and...and...and...I think I'm going to be giving up pretty soon.