Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ginger

Neil Peart

Recommended Posts

Ouch, my heart hurts a little and I'm sure more than a few people will shed a tear at the passing of Neil Peart. Canada in mourning deux fois.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ginger, I'll never forget that you were the person who delivered the news to me. I've been a hardened Rush fan since I was about 16. A few years ago, my father and I went to see their final tour. They blew the lid off the place. They played "Losing It", something they didn't do for most of the tour but did for us here in the tri-state area, and the crowd was crushed.

I read some of his books, and recommend "Ghost Rider" to anyone who's going through tough times, especially grief and loss. Peart's work ethic has always been a huge influence on me and I credit his music for a lot of good things in my life. The man was an astronaut of percussion. It's only now, after they retired, that it became fashionable for all the more mainstream rock bands to come out and admit how much influence Rush had on them.

Geddy and Alex must be hurting. RIP Professor.

Patiently waiting for the Tom Hanks biopic.

n-t-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter loves Rush so much she walked down the aisle to Time Stand Still. I was just telling her how a few days ago we were playing RUSH videos as Ayn Rand had popped up in the conversation.

She said she closed the door to her office and cried for five minutes. She and her husband saw them in concert many times along with her father. I'd only seen them twice...one time here at the arena. The other in Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 8:48 PM, Bingoloid said:

Ginger, I'll never forget that you were the person who delivered the news to me. I've been a hardened Rush fan since I was about 16. A few years ago, my father and I went to see their final tour. They blew the lid off the place. They played "Losing It", something they didn't do for most of the tour but did for us here in the tri-state area, and the crowd was crushed.

I read some of his books, and recommend "Ghost Rider" to anyone who's going through tough times, especially grief and loss. Peart's work ethic has always been a huge influence on me and I credit his music for a lot of good things in my life. The man was an astronaut of percussion. It's only now, after they retired, that it became fashionable for all the more mainstream rock bands to come out and admit how much influence Rush had on them.

Geddy and Alex must be hurting. RIP Professor.

Patiently waiting for the Tom Hanks biopic.

n-t-2.jpg

Still in mourning...still singing Losing It in my head every night. I wish I had the time to drive up to the farm listening to Red Barchetta but alas...no time for that business. Reading other peoples elegies, one person commented "It turns out the world really loved Neil Peart." He also feels people who are Rush fans are part of their own fraternity. 

Excuse me, I have to go sit under my light box now...just kidding :) I do have to go get milk and bread and laundry detergent, and beer and lottery tickets because it's going to snow in 22 minutes. Have a cozy weekend everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ginger said:

Still in mourning...still singing Losing It in my head every night. I wish I had the time to drive up to the farm listening to Red Barchetta but alas...no time for that business. Reading other peoples elegies, one person commented "It turns out the world really loved Neil Peart." He also feels people who are Rush fans are part of their own fraternity. 

Excuse me, I have to go sit under my light box now...just kidding :) I do have to go get milk and bread and laundry detergent, and beer and lottery tickets because it's going to snow in 22 minutes. Have a cozy weekend everybody.

A lot of people are surprised by how much this one stings. I've been through the whole discography a couple times one way or another this week. I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on a hi-fi system so I can listen again properly.

You might tell your daughter,  if she has Sirius XM in the car or at work, they're running an all-Rush tribute takeover of Deep Tracks  (channel 27). It was supposed to end Wednesday, then Sunday, now it's pushed out to next Wednesday and there's talk of a permanent all-Rush channel. People just aren't turning it off. I think if you go to the Sirius XM website, you can just listen free for a few days.

Also enjoyed the billboards Lamar put up around the country. This one was spotted in Philly:

Z7RaBJw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning :) Actually I see that I can share your post to her email. I'm sure she'll appreciate that. In the meantime in between time...off to work because rush never sleeps. I was supposed to be going to Middletown, instead I'm taking off to the Great White North. Have a cozy day!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mr. Met said:

See you in 2112 Neil!

 

And how many knew the correct pronunciation was "Pee-airt" not "Pert" like the shampoo?

You are correct on the pronunciation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many wonderful comments on this thread!

 

Sirius XM 27 has been changed to a temporary Rush tribute channel as a FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's understood...Air drum much Bing? :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best drummer in the world lives in Russia.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

I remain partial to Gene Krupa.

He was definitely better than Buddy Rich but Buddy got all of the press.

You have to die to hear Gene in a live concert.

???  Wait. That doesn't sound right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

He was definitely better than Buddy Rich but Buddy got all of the press.

You have to die to hear Gene in a live concert.

???  Wait. That doesn't sound right.

🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×