2019 Tax Returns

PeteMoss

I received an email from NYS stating that I may be able to file my taxes for free.  Basically if you have an AGI of less than $69,000 you can file for free. 

But many options have this caveat " your age was 17 through 51 as of December 31, 2019 " so what if you are older than 51?  You can't file for free? 

The problem is, how do I know what my AGI is unless I have access to the tax software?

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/efile/default.htm

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

I received an email from NYS stating that I may be able to file my taxes for free.  Basically if you have an AGI of less than $69,000 you can file for free. 

But many options have this caveat " your age was 17 through 51 as of December 31, 2019 " so what if you are older than 51?  You can't file for free? 

The problem is, how do I know what my AGI is unless I have access to the tax software?

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/efile/default.htm

NYS giving something Free to hard working wage earners?

Sure. Go for it. I trust NYS Politicians to help Working Persons.

Good morning Pete :) I see you added Meghan Markle to your interests. I'd never heard of her until she came on to the royal scene. There was something I didn't like about her but I couldn't put my finger on it until yesterday. She reminds me of Casey Anthony.

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Good morning Pete :) I see you added Meghan Markle to your interests. I'd never heard of her until she came on to the royal scene. There was something I didn't like about her but I couldn't put my finger on it until yesterday. She reminds me of Casey Anthony.

She looks and acts like Casey Anthony.

11 hours ago, JB 2 said:

You should look up what Al Sharpton had to say about the wedding of the woman who married the Prince. (ya reckon he had a heads up?)

I looked. Does he ever quit it? Can't he ever just be a normal person? 

7 hours ago, ndirish said:

Check out Tax Hawk.  You can do both state and fed taxes for free there.

Thanks for that^ I think going to need some help this year. I usually file on paper. So not looking forward to it. 

8 hours ago, ginger said:

Thanks for that^ I think going to need some help this year. I usually file on paper. So not looking forward to it. 

I've done ours online for years.  You just basically answer the questions they ask.  ("Did you...work in 2019 and receive a W2, ......pay property taxes....get married......sell stocks...etc"

If you say yes, it takes you to the next screen where you fill in the info.  It's fun.  The best part is up in the corner is a running tab of what you'll owe or what your refund will be.  You can watch it go up or down with each set of info you enter.

13 hours ago, ginger said:

I looked. Does he ever quit it? Can't he ever just be a normal person? 

That is normal for a guy who went from riot instigator (with deadly results) to now being Messenger boy for one of the more secret Owners of the Democrat Party.

^Gotta wonder if he was ever on the plane. The reverend, Cuomo...I wonder about a lot of New Yorkers. I'm surprised the manifests have never been published.

SO WILDLY OFF TOPIC! Sorry, goofy kind of overtired..eating posting and going to bed but I had all day to think of stuff.

7 hours ago, ndirish said:

I've done ours online for years.  You just basically answer the questions they ask.  ("Did you...work in 2019 and receive a W2, ......pay property taxes....get married......sell stocks...etc"

If you say yes, it takes you to the next screen where you fill in the info.  It's fun.  The best part is up in the corner is a running tab of what you'll owe or what your refund will be.  You can watch it go up or down with each set of info you enter.

The two years i did them online I did not get what I was expecting as far as a refund goes. the next year I went back to doing them on paper and lo and behold...everything was right.

Imagination? Maybe, maybe not. One time I took my taxes to HR block because I wanted the fast back. I had already done my taxes on paper. The next day I go to sign off and the girl says to me, great news, we found you an extra $75.00. i said, no you didn't, show me. So she scrolls down to a line that says misc. $75.00. I asked what's that for? She said didn't she know and I said well I'm not signing, you aren't submitting my return and I'm not paying you at all. I should have marched myself right down to the Metrocenter IRS and told them what happened. 

^I think I may have told that story before, if so, sorry :)