ginger

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coronavirus: Protein treatment trial 'a breakthrough'

The protein is inhaled directly into the lungs of patients with coronavirus, using a nebuliser, in the hope that it will stimulate an immune response.

The initial findings suggest the treatment cut the odds of a Covid-19 patient in hospital developing severe disease - such as requiring ventilation - by 79%.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53467022

Kaye Flitney

On 4/25/2020 at 2:51 AM, 27 Time World Champions said:

9-CE8-B4-CA-8-F02-4-C87-AC1-A-8354-BC8-B

I totally missed this joke the first time around...Ozzy bit off the head of a bat...coronavirus supposedly comes from bats...lol :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The president will announce the development at 6 p.m., accompanied by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Dr. Stephen Hahn, head of the Food and Drug Administration, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany posted on Twitter late Saturday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-reveal-coronavirus-breakthrough-therapeutic-wh-press-secretary-says

Earlier in the day, the president suggested someone at the FDA was purposefully trying to delay clinical trials for therapeutics and vaccines for political purposes.

I doubt that the FDA is slow-rolling anything. The president keeps coming up with quack  remedies, and is likely pushing the FDA to ignore proper vetting of vaccines and treatment options. It's unrealistic and selfish for him to keep pushing for a not fully tested treatment just to help his election chances.

9 minutes ago, M_Sable said:

I doubt that the FDA is slow-rolling anything. The president keeps coming up with quack  remedies, and is likely pushing the FDA to ignore proper vetting of vaccines and treatment options. It's unrealistic and selfish for him to keep pushing for a not fully tested treatment just to help his election chances.

HCQ works.  You lie.

mmm strudel...Entenmann's Pineapple and Cheese...look, everyone is a unique individual so different therapeutics will work or not work..nothing is set in stone although I do think having remdesivir is going to be as critical for nursing homes as tamiflu is for influenza. Timing is everything. 

1 hour ago, Property & Casualty said:

Ya don’t say? And the flu? The psyop was to condition us to accept mask, so the Antifa / BLM soldiers could go about freely in masks wreaking havoc.

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Ya don’t say? And the flu? The psyop was to condition us to accept mask, so the Antifa / BLM soldiers could go about freely in masks wreaking havoc.

It was most definitely a psyop of sorts. I was so truly disgusted with so many members here falling for it I had to walk away for a couple of months. We have many, many cowards on this board and we all know who they are now. Leftist china loving scum is all over this board. 

TRUMP 2024!

4 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Dude you’re spot on.  I said the same thing from the beginning.  As long as we can keep the electoral process in accordance with the law,  then this will backfire on the left big time come Election Day.  

2 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

It was most definitely a psyop of sorts. I was so truly disgusted with so many members here falling for it I had to walk away for a couple of months. We have many, many cowards on this board and we all know who they are now. Leftist china loving scum is all over this board. 

TRUMP 2024!

I think the CDC is changing the numbers only to save Cuomo and the other 3 governor's butts.

Notice how the revised numbers came out only after the DOJ decided to look into the Grandmas deaths.

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2020 at 2:03 PM, Property & Casualty said:

This article is goofy bullshit. If you're in insurance, you know how death certificates work.

If someone gets shot in the chest, Part I will list (for example) exsanguination as the immediate cause of death (line 1), "due to" chest trauma (line 2) "due to" GSW (line 3). The final underlying cause goes on the lowest line. If you have a complicating condition that made it harder for you to survive these events but it was not part of the chain, it goes in Part II.

Neither the immediate cause of death being exsanguination nor whatever is in Part II mean that you did not die from a gunshot wound, yet no death certificate should list GSW alone. Likewise, nobody dies simply as a result of having an infection. They die of other causes due to the underlying infection, all of which go in Part I with the infection on the lowest line, and anything that made it difficult to fight the infection or to survive the resulting events in Part II. CDC even issued a multi-page bulletin reminding examiners how to prepare the document correctly and not to screw this up.

All this footnote says is that 6% of the death certificates were prepared by lazy people. As Table 3 makes clear, the others filled out the rest of the chain (most commonly in this table: pneumonia, ARDS, and respiratory failure) and the relevant complications (most commonly in this table: hypertension, heart disease, and diabetes), as you're supposed to do. I'd be more suspicious that the 6% are the ones who didn't die of COVID-19 because the preparer obviously didn't bother to research the death.

39% of Americans are obese. 45% have hypertension. 10% are diabetic, rising to over 25% in old age. We already know it's unusual for people to die of COVID-19 without additional risk factors, but they're extremely common.

Well, it’s now ten months into the shit-show that is 2020, and COVID-19 is still the biggest news story around. Lockdowns and travel bans are still in place around the world, even though studies repeatedly show the ‘deadly’ virus is in fact very benign. Seriously, if you’re going to get a ‘disease’ then you couldn’t do much better than COVID-19, whose infection fatality rate is so low it is measured in fractions of a percent.

9 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Well, it’s now ten months into the shit-show that is 2020, and COVID-19 is still the biggest news story around. Lockdowns and travel bans are still in place around the world, even though studies repeatedly show the ‘deadly’ virus is in fact very benign. Seriously, if you’re going to get a ‘disease’ then you couldn’t do much better than COVID-19, whose infection fatality rate is so low it is measured in fractions of a percent.

Fat ass, diabetic 90 year old (almost 91 year old) Bobby Bowden got it and survived. They announced it last week he beat it.