ginger

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

In all seriousness, do people really just not stock toilet paper? Most people have a closet, for crying out loud. It sounds unbelievably inconvenient to just buy a 4-pack and have to buy another one constantly.

I always keep about 12 rolls under the sink and

OH JESUS CHRIST THEY KNOW ABOUT THE STASH THEY'RE COMING THROUGH THE WINDOWS

I always stay ahead of the game on this and a couple of things I use everyday...like coffee.

Something worth mentioning...those of you who have advance directives...what if you need intubation or antibiotics or a feeding tubes SHORT TERM? You may want to rethink your dnr status too.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

In all seriousness, do people really just not stock toilet paper? Most people have a closet, for crying out loud. It sounds unbelievably inconvenient to just buy a 4-pack and have to buy another one constantly.

I always keep about 12 rolls under the sink and

OH JESUS CHRIST THEY KNOW ABOUT THE STASH THEY'RE COMING THROUGH THE WINDOWS

Yes, people only buy what they immediately need.  And why not.  The way they think is: The stores are always stocked with whatever I need.  Why buy something that I may not need for 2 weeks.  I drive by a store twice a day, going to and from work.  I can just stop in and pick up what I need.    

Johnny Carson helped to cause a toilet paper shortage:   https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/johnny-carson-tp-shortage/

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Yes, people only buy what they immediately need.  And why not.  The way they think is: The stores are always stocked with whatever I need.  Why buy something that I may not need for 2 weeks.  I drive by a store twice a day, going to and from work.  I can just stop in and pick up what I need.    

That's just so crazy to me. Why not pick up a bunch and save the time from all the stops and a little money buying in bulk?

It's not like it goes bad or there's some big question around whether or not you're going to need it. You're not going to decide to give up pooping for Lent.

HIPPA is meant to protect the rights of an individual.  One of the unforeseen consequences is  happening right now. 

If a person test positive for COVID-19, he/she supposedly tells the Health Department who they had contact with over the last 14? days. Then the HD notifies those who may be infected.

What if that person lies?  What if he/she can't remember?  What happens if that person dies?  In the past, there have been people going around and purposely contaminating others.

So the rights of the many are trampled on while the right of the individual takes precedence.  This is a terrible situation.  In this case it could cause an innocent person's death.

Why not just name the person.  Too bad for him/her.  What about MY RIGHTS?   What about OUR RIGHTS?

One of the measures that South Korea took was reporting the public places which they knew had been frequented by an infected person in order to allow people to make their own decisions about coming forward for testing or self-quarantining. They are also able to send out regional text messages to notify people who may have crossed paths with a patient.

You can look at an interactive map created from the data here: https://coronamap.site/

There are problems. Even though the records are depersonalized and not linked to one another, they are (or used to be) timestamped and people were fearful that their private life will get outed. In at least one case, this blew up somebody's extramarital affair when their wife was able to put pieces together. In general, though, South Korea has had more success than other countries controlling this without shutting down.

This would require a public health infrastructure that actually works and has the resources to build these types of tools in advance, before an emergency is already underway. CDC and state health departments - one of the few things we actually need government to be doing - have basically been whittled down to nothing over the last twenty years.

7 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

There are problems. Even though the records are depersonalized and not linked to one another, they are (or used to be) timestamped and people were fearful that their private life will get outed. In at least one case, this blew up somebody's extramarital affair when their wife was able to put pieces together. In general, though, South Korea has had more success than other countries controlling this without shutting down.

The situation just outs dishonest people.  The same thing happened at 9/11.  One guy got a phone call at his girl friend's place from his wife.  She asked him where he was.  He said he was at work in the towers.  They had already crashed to the ground when he answered the phone.

10 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

This would require a public health infrastructure that actually works and has the resources to build these types of tools in advance, before an emergency is already underway. CDC and state health departments - one of the few things we actually need government to be doing - have basically been whittled down to nothing over the last twenty years.

We can't afford to keep some structures in place for every possible occurance.  Choices must be made.  We would have more than enough money if people didn't steal and lie to get free money.    

Many of the school district announcements include the fact that they are putting plans in place to feed their students.  What?  When did a school district become a main  provider of food to students?  What about parents?  What about relatives?  Maybe if the parents stopped buying cigs, tats, hi end cable, multiple cell phones, and the myriad of items that they buy, they could afford to pay for food for their children.

6 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Many of the school district announcements include the fact that they are putting plans in place to feed their students.  What?  When did a school district become a main  provider of food to students?  What about parents?  What about relatives?  Maybe if the parents stopped buying cigs, tats, hi end cable, multiple cell phones, and the myriad of items that they buy, they could afford to pay for food for their children.

You fed the beast of panic and actively worked to get people to ignore me while I was saying to calm down. People like you are 100% responsible for this reaction. Too late to change your stupid narrative, you brought it on yourself.

11 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

You fed the beast of panic and actively worked to get people to ignore me while I was saying to calm down. People like you are 100% responsible for this reaction. Too late to change your stupid narrative, you brought it on yourself.

Did you sign up?  All talk but in reality you are a chicken $h1T.

Out and about over the weekend...2 facilities have broken glass in their front doors because relatives are ticked off they can't see their parents and the state police were at another facility for the same reason.

https://images.app.goo.gl/MjShY2SgSWLbQbur7 

7 minutes ago, ginger said:

Out and about over the weekend...2 facilities have broken glass in their front doors because relatives are ticked off they can't see their parents and the state police were at another facility for the same reason.

https://images.app.goo.gl/MjShY2SgSWLbQbur7 

Still say though (for now) Democrats' chess mentality and hubris cannot understand GO.

24 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Did you sign up?  All talk but in reality you are a chicken $h1T.

You can keep this stupid narrative up all you want. It won't change the fact that you showed yourself as an extremely weak minded individual. It is there for everyone to see. You panic when there is nothing to panic about. You might as well work for CNN. Start your private messaging campaign against me again to try and save your pathetically weak ass.  

15 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

Start your private messaging campaign against me again to try and save your pathetically weak ass.  

You are cray cray.  I never started a PM campaign against you.   You are paranoid and delusional.

Are you off meds that you are supposed to be taking?  If not, you need some mental help, man.

I am setting you to ignore.  WOW!

4 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

You are cray cray.  I never started a PM campaign against you.   You are paranoid and delusional.

Are you off meds that you are supposed to be taking?  If not, you need some mental help, man.

I am setting you to ignore.  WOW!

PLEASE IGNORE ME, I'm sick of reading your stupidity.

3 minutes ago, ginger said:

We're all on the same team people...quit it.

The f*ck we are. PanicPete is a Paul Ryan kind of RINO. Sleeps with Pelosi types. Not my style. BLOCK ME PETE, please block me loser.

2 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Question. Why are the two Liberals out and about in order to beat on the poor little American redneck?

Exactly. The globalist/democrat morons are talking out of both sides of their mouth. They demand we shelter in place while they do what they want to do. They also demand wide open borders and unchecked immigration while we are supposed lock our lives down. I don't get why people can't see how they are trying to condition Americans to panic and run every freaking time they cook up a new scare. It is obvious as hell but I'm the nut job.

I"M NOT PLAYING THEIR GAME, PERIOD!