ginger

WNBF and Bob Joseph just did a War of the Worlds style piece to scare the hell out of the weak minded. What a joke Bob is. If he had the love for Binghamton he claims to have, he would walk off the set. Instead, he peddles corporate media fear. He should be ashamed of himself.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild. Turns out, there was seemingly only one leader who had the foresight and vision to take this risk seriously and make the smart investments before it was too late to act, and it was Arnold Schwarzenegger. His Democratic successor Brown literally threw it all away to save pennies on the dollar.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-27/coronavirus-california-mobile-hospitals-ventilators 

“In light of the pandemic flu risk, it is absolutely a critical investment,” [Schwarzenegger] told a news conference. “I’m not willing to gamble with the people’s safety.”

The state, flush with tax revenue, soon sank more than $200 million into the mobile hospital program and a related Health Surge Capacity Initiative to stockpile medicines and medical gear for use in outbreaks of infectious disease, according to former emergency management officials and state budget records.

Much of the medical equipment — including the ventilators, critical life-saving tools that are in short supply in the current pandemic — was given [by Brown] to local hospitals and health agencies, former health officials said. But the equipment was donated without any funding to maintain them. The respirators were allowed to expire without being replaced.

Together, these two programs would have positioned California to more rapidly respond as its COVID-19 cases exploded. The annual savings for eliminating both programs? No more than $5.8 million per year, according to state budget records, a tiny fraction of the 2011 budget, which totaled $129 billion.

Now, many California hospitals are being forced to ration their inadequate supply of N95 masks, and hospitals are rushing to rent ventilators in anticipation of a severe shortage as COVID-19 caseloads grow. A nursing union, National Nurses United, organized a protest earlier this month over inadequate safety equipment; in a survey, only 55% of their members said they had access to N95 masks.

"We began doing various kinds of disaster planning around infectious agents,” [Dr. Howard Backer] recalled. First smallpox; then anthrax; then H5N1, or bird flu; and, more broadly, “pandemic influenza.”

After Schwarzenegger left office, Backer was appointed by Brown to head the Emergency Medical Services Authority, the state agency overseeing the mobile hospitals, just as they were defunded.

“These supplies were exactly for this scenario,” he said.

Through a spokesperson, Brown, the former governor, declined to be interviewed for this story.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/03/31/schwarzenegger-shortsighted-for-california-to-defund-pandemic-stockpile-he-built-1269954

Arnold's now donated a million dollars out of his personal fortune to a national fundraiser to buy gear for first responders.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/frontlinerespondersfund

screen-shot-2020-03-31-at-6.04.47%20PM%2

23 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

That’s awful. My condolences 

Thanks very much 27. Talked to her brother at length today, and he's not convinced one way or the other.  His frustration is that we'll likely never know, as they simply can't keep all of these poor souls on ice, and cremation is the only option.  We're concerned that a lot of these "unknowns" will never be accounted for when it's all over and we try to assess what we all need to do to be better prepared in the future.  Thanks again, and to you Ginger.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:15 AM, PeteMoss said:

China officials knew of coronavirus in December, ordered cover-up.

FTA "Rather than hunkering down to contain the virus, Wuhan officials went ahead with their annual potluck dinner for 40,000 families."

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/

East Coast Asians: Whether it is their behavior on a world wide scale or how they behave in the fruit/vegetable aisles in Sam's club, they disgust me to no end.

Now "they" are going around purposefully touching things in stores to get Americans sick.  Ba5tard5.

Infectious disease expert Dr Smith, on Laura Ingraham last night, predicted "the end is near for covid." He sees hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic and symptom suppressant. Then Dr. Gallo, U. of Maryland, stated he will soon have a major announcement about defeating covid.

4 hours ago, thomas said:

Infectious disease expert Dr Smith, on Laura Ingraham last night, predicted "the end is near for covid." He sees hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic and symptom suppressant. Then Dr. Gallo, U. of Maryland, stated he will soon have a major announcement about defeating covid.

And still not one mention in the Press & Sun Bulletin about chloroquine that I have caught. Could have missed it. I'm not perfect. I torture myself by reading that scum paper but I deal with reading fake news better than watching it on TV. They also have a blackout on ZINC people. I'm not a Doctor but I shoot for somewhere around 15 to 50<edit-30>milligrams of Zinc a day. #KUNGFLU virus, among others, don't do well with people who have proper Zinc levels. Chloroquine opens your cells up for Zinc absorption, it isn't the chloroquine by itself that kills this virus. Kind of a one, two punch. 

24 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

And still not one mention in the Press & Sun Bulletin about chloroquine that I have caught. Could have missed it. I'm not perfect. I torture myself by reading that scum paper but I deal with reading fake news better than watching it on TV. They also have a blackout on ZINC people. I'm not a Doctor but I shoot for somewhere around 15 to 50 milligrams of Zinc a day. #KUNGFLU virus, among others, don't do well with people who have proper Zinc levels. Chloroquine opens your cells up for Zinc absorption, it isn't the chloroquine by itself that kills this virus. Kind of a one, two punch. 

What type/brand of Zinc do you take?  I want to buy some, but it gets too confusing.  Watching the media and the libs, including Dem Governors shit on hydroxy chloroquine just because Trump first touted it, even in the face of growing evidence of it's efficacy, was the most incredible display of Trump Derangement Syndrome you will ever see.   

9 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

What type/brand of Zinc do you take?  I want to buy some, but it gets too confusing.  Watching the media and the libs, including Dem Governors shit on hydroxy chloroquine just because Trump first touted it, even in the face of growing evidence of it's efficacy, was the most incredible display of Trump Derangement Syndrome you will ever see.   

I get it via another supplement that doesn't really focus on the Zinc content but it has plenty of Zinc in it. It will light up the libtards on here, accusing me of selling it, if I post a link, so give me a minute to find some screen caps.

It will still draw enemy fire but I enjoy that. I have a big spine :ph34r:. Standby.

We keep hearing about healthcare professionals coming down sick with this virus. Maybe they are not yet realizing just how infectious it is? Here's a video of a Hospital in southern Italy (Naples, which is a very, very dense population center) that specializes in infectious diseases. According to the reporter - this place has not even had 1 member contract Covid-19 and  credits the fact that they had time to prepare because the virus hit northern Italy 1st and then spread to the south. The place looks like a scene from a hazmat lab movie - I guess that's what it takes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/hospital-in-naples-italy-avoids-coronavirus-infection-by-staff-81480773935

Really interesting research about how hydroxychloroquine might actually work. From what I can figure out from the paper in my non-doctor reading, the theory is that many of the symptoms are not caused by an attack on the lungs, but by an attack on blood cells that, in simple terms, crowds the iron out until your blood can't carry gases anymore. The lung symptoms are inflammation resulting from the lungs being poisoned as they drown in their own untransported carbon dioxide waste. Hydroxychloroquine may be binding to the byproducts that are crowding the iron out of the red blood cells, allowing more of them to operate normally for longer and give the immune system more time to fight back.

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

Have to wonder if this might explain some of the early reports that certain blood types were far more likely to survive. Also might explain some of the anecdotal reports of people who engage in intense aerobic exercise getting especially sick, and of patients suddenly going hypoxic in the waiting room.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:25 AM, M_Sable said:

Yup. It's all speculation at this point. We just got word this morning that a cousin in her early 70's in NYC passed away over the weekend and was found on Monday.  Had chest congestion and a low-grade fever from what we know, but won't know if it was COVID-19 or not until an autopsy is done.  That's not gonna happen for a while with the system being so overloaded. No funerals at this point :(

I only just saw this post. I'm sorry.

Also seems the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt has been relieved of his command after being accused of leaking a letter trying to warn the Navy about what was happening to his ship and asking for authorization to send the majority of them into quarantine off the ship.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Exclusive-Captain-of-aircraft-carrier-with-15167883.php

https://www.wsj.com/articles/navy-removing-captain-of-coronavirus-stricken-aircraft-carrier-11585860735

Some of his commanders apparently recommended against removing him and some families are taking his side.

52 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Also seems the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt has been relieved of his command after being accused of leaking a letter trying to warn the Navy about what was happening to his ship and asking for authorization to send the majority of them into quarantine off the ship.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Exclusive-Captain-of-aircraft-carrier-with-15167883.php

https://www.wsj.com/articles/navy-removing-captain-of-coronavirus-stricken-aircraft-carrier-11585860735

Some of his commanders apparently recommended against removing him and some families are taking his side.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but It seems like our cruise ship experience and data makes this captain look like a drama queen?

I didn’t see it mentioned here, but drinking tonic water helps too. It contains quinine - a simplified version of hydroxychloroquine. The British army used to issue gin and tonic to its soldiers because of the anti-viral attributes, though they didn’t know what a “virus” was at the time.

2 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

I didn’t see it mentioned here, but drinking tonic helps too. It contains quinine - a simplified version of hydroxychloroquine. The British army used to issue gin and tonic to its soldiers because of the anti-viral attributes, though they didn’t know what a “virus” was at the time.

On edit, the gin made the tonic water palatable.

Polar tonic water at Weis - while supplies last.

How a Police State is Born

After this is settled, I am certain of a few things, among them is this: everyone in politics will find a way to justify what they did or didn't do, and will take credit for things they didn't accomplish and assign blame elsewhere for their own misdeeds or negligence. Our job is to hold them accountable.

17 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Hmmm. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but It seems like our cruise ship experience and data makes this captain look like a drama queen?

The Diamond Princess is probably the most-tested group of people who have ever existed, and out of about 700 cases, 12 of them have died and some are still in hospital and may not survive. Their death rate at least 10x what you'd expect if seasonal flu hit the same group.

Either way, the outbreak did spread, the carrier is effectively disabled and is currently evacuating thousands of sailors into quarantine on Guam. The Navy's position isn't that he was wrong, but that he didn't try hard enough to keep his concerns a secret.

14 hours ago, DanCooper said:

I didn’t see it mentioned here, but drinking tonic water helps too. It contains quinine - a simplified version of hydroxychloroquine. The British army used to issue gin and tonic to its soldiers because of the anti-viral attributes, though they didn’t know what a “virus” was at the time.

Small correction: quinolines were used as anti-parasitics. They disrupt the bodily functions of the parasite that causes malaria, killing it. They also disrupt the bodily functions of humans, potentially fatally, but in low doses (gin and tonic) are harmless for almost everyone (and also for parasites). There are actually a few people who cannot drink gin and tonic or their skin falls off: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/article-abstract/534097

The problems it causes in the human body make it valuable for treating autoimmune conditions, since people who are being killed by their own immune systems benefit from having their immune systems suppressed by the drug. That's why they started trying RA drugs on COVID-19 patients in China: some people's immune systems were kicking back so hard that they were actually in more danger of drowning in their own antibodies than they were from the infection. They thought they were seeing some success getting people off of death's door, so doctors in Italy and America also started trying it in their clinics and sharing their notes.

It's possible that they also accidentally lucked into a useful anti-viral effect with HCQ, but that part is less understood. Either way, the problem right this minute isn't so much that we aren't using HCQ for COVID-19 so much as it is that we are now running out of HCQ because everybody needs it at once.

10 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

How a Police State is Born

After this is settled, I am certain of a few things, among them is this: everyone in politics will find a way to justify what they did or didn't do, and will take credit for things they didn't accomplish and assign blame elsewhere for their own misdeeds or negligence. Our job is to hold them accountable.

100%.

The outrage should not stop until the intelligence briefings are declassified. The public deserves to know what China knew and did not tell the world, and what their leaders knew and did not tell them and their governors until it was too late.

That should not be a partisan issue. Feinstein was in those briefings, too. If they didn't do anything wrong, there's no reason to hide the evidence.