ginger

I like to rattle the cage (in case people haven’t noticed).

Last year in the US, 36,560 people were killed in traffic accidents. What will it take to end this carnage? The answer is obvious: travel must be made illegal. The current martial law/curfew/lockdown situation will tell you everything you need to know about this within a couple of weeks. And 500,000 deaths per year are attributed to smoking-related diseases in the US. What will it take to end this carnage? The answer is obvious.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

I like to rattle the cage (in case people haven’t noticed).

Last year in the US, 36,560 people were killed in traffic accidents. What will it take to end this carnage? The answer is obvious: travel must be made illegal. The current martial law/curfew/lockdown situation will tell you everything you need to know about this within a couple of weeks. And 500,000 deaths per year are attributed to smoking-related diseases in the US. What will it take to end this carnage? The answer is obvious.

Could I please still ride my horse and chew tobacco instead??

1 hour ago, 19April1775 said:

Could I please still ride my horse and chew tobacco instead??

Enjoy it while you can. I’m sure they’ll be coming for that next. 

People keep promising me that things are going to get really bad and then I'll finally realize the point of this shut-down. We're over two weeks into it and all I see to justify it are 10,000,000 claims for unemployment versus about 6,800 deaths, in a country of 330,000,000.

5 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Enjoy it while you can. I’m sure they’ll be coming for that next. 

People keep promising me that things are going to get really bad and then I'll finally realize the point of this shut-down. We're over two weeks into it and all I see to justify it are 10,000,000 claims for unemployment versus about 5,600 deaths, in a country of 330,000,000.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You are doing the math!! RACIST!!!

1 hour ago, 19April1775 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You are doing the math!! RACIST!!!

Sorry to bust any bubbles but my day to day routine has not changed much. And from what I see when out and about I am far from alone.

The grocers are a little less crowded, but still have rude cashiers with too long lines. Going to find out in a couple hours how it is today when Seniors get paid.

Common Sense, Common Courtesy, a Sense of Humour, I believe is keeping us Safe, not Over Reaching State Politicians.

10 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

The grocers are a little less crowded, but still have rude cashiers with too long lines. Going to find out in a couple hours how it is today when Seniors get paid.

Social Security benefit payments are deposited on the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month, depending on your day of birth. If you were born on the: 1st–10th of the month: Expect your Social Security payment to be deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.

16 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

Sorry to bust any bubbles but my day to day routine has not changed much. And from what I see when out and about I am far from alone.

Common Sense, Common Courtesy, a Sense of Humour, I believe is keeping us Safe, not Over Reaching State Politicians.

Same experience here. Most people are demonstrating that they think this is total bullshit. Saw a few masks here and there but most people are doing what they were doing before the hysteria hoax kicked in. The silent majority is not a bunch of pussies like the media heads are trying to make you think we are. Hear that Bob Joseph? He is selling our community out to the hysteria. Spineless piece of shit. He would resign before promoting fear if he really cared about Binghamton. I'm so disgusted with him. But I digress.

What I understand is 80,000 Americans died of flu during the 2017 season and I didn't see my fucking country destroyed by panic. Where were your fucking doom and gloom graphs then?Wake the fuck up.

There is nothing more disgusting than having the flu in the dead of summer and living in NYC. I hope you're all right.

That being said, I heard Dr Fauci say, like myself, we think there is a catalyst that is propelling this virus in some patients. He says the CDC is looking for it. I'm keeping my eye on Ohio Valley death rates and watching to see what is going to happen in Africa.

Perhaps, it’s in the interests of certain people/groups to declare death by COVID-19 in anyone who tests positive for the virus no matter the actual cause of death. The fact that there is a death in NYC every 9.1 minutes means that lots of people die from lots of things in NYC, and the benign nature of over half of the cases of COVID-19 lends itself nicely to being classified as a cause of death in a patient with hypertension, lung cancer, heart disease, and COVID-19.

7 hours ago, ginger said:

There is nothing more disgusting than having the flu in the dead of summer and living in NYC. I hope you're all right.

That being said, I heard Dr Fauci say, like myself, we think there is a catalyst that is propelling this virus in some patients. He says the CDC is looking for it. I'm keeping my eye on Ohio Valley death rates and watching to see what is going to happen in Africa.

I think, Ginger, that Africa is going to be a total mess.  The only thing that has slowed the spread of COVID-19 is the very poor transportation infrastructure that limits travel between communities. Once it does get communicated within a community, the results will be devastating.  Poor to non-existent health care, a low literacy rate that inhibits understanding of what needs to be done , lack of hot water and sanitation, and poor health and nutrition in general. Add on top of that famine and locust swarms and you have a recipe for disaster.  That's when they start trying to claw their way to Europe. Is a lot of it their own fault? Yes. Lack of good governance, corruption, and tribal rivalries have inhibited stability.

We'll see, but that's my bet.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, Bingoloid said:

Really interesting research about how hydroxychloroquine might actually work. From what I can figure out from the paper in my non-doctor reading, the theory is that many of the symptoms are not caused by an attack on the lungs, but by an attack on blood cells that, in simple terms, crowds the iron out until your blood can't carry gases anymore. The lung symptoms are inflammation resulting from the lungs being poisoned as they drown in their own untransported carbon dioxide waste. Hydroxychloroquine may be binding to the byproducts that are crowding the iron out of the red blood cells, allowing more of them to operate normally for longer and give the immune system more time to fight back.

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

Have to wonder if this might explain some of the early reports that certain blood types were far more likely to survive. Also might explain some of the anecdotal reports of people who engage in intense aerobic exercise getting especially sick, and of patients suddenly going hypoxic in the waiting room.

I only just saw this post. I'm sorry.

Thanks very much, Bingoloid.

Had not heard of the differences in how people with different blood types react. There's so much of a lack of information (vetted) and misinformation out there right now I don't know what to believe, other than to follow my instincts and hunker down.

20 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Social Security benefit payments are deposited on the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month, depending on your day of birth. If you were born on the: 1st–10th of the month: Expect your Social Security payment to be deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.

(hey PeteM, your info is wrong but I will not tell anyone)

Shopped at two stores yesterday. Both were slow business about what one might see on a normal mid-week day. Shoppers were normal, friendly, actually smiling when called for. The couple times someone sneezed instead of a hysterical evacuation he was met with "Bless you", "GOD Bless, must be allergy?", and a couple other mumbled responses.

On streets there was enough traffic to cause a couple under the breath comment. And while not a lot of folks walking, I think there were more than a drab grey cold rainy damp day would normally bring out. Some kids, some what democrats call kids when necessary, some adults and a few dogs. 

Not everything was Normal, obviously. However, I still have no doubt whatever the hell is going on (especially in NYS), is not virus related, only virus as distraction.

How can any of this any longer be taken as Gospel when the Major Concern of Congress is how to get as much as they can from Taxpayers, into the hands of Tax money Takers controlled by dnc affiliates.

(NYC just sent virus positive patients to Comfort "accidently"?)

Remember the Boortz Principle; Do not believe anything you hear unless you know it to be true or you verify to your satisfaction it is true.

42 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

(hey PeteM, your info is wrong but I will not tell anyone)

Remember the Boortz Principle; Do not believe anything you hear unless you know it to be true or you verify to your satisfaction it is true.

How much of the rest of your posts are wrong.  Why are you lying about when SS checks are sent out  It is exactly what I posted. 

It is too bad that JB2 can't accept the fact that he is wrong.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&ved=2ahUKEwjzpqDZn8_oAhVGCs0KHQ3xDK8QFjALegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssa.gov%2Fpubs%2FEN-05-10077.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1Oz9Gd6oZPbOmSgkOknX5x

The document is from the Social Security Administration.  Look on page 5. 

15 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

How much of the rest of your posts are wrong.  Why are you lying about when SS checks are sent out  It is exactly what I posted. 

It is too bad that JB2 can't accept the fact that he is wrong.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&ved=2ahUKEwjzpqDZn8_oAhVGCs0KHQ3xDK8QFjALegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ssa.gov%2Fpubs%2FEN-05-10077.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1Oz9Gd6oZPbOmSgkOknX5x

The document is from the Social Security Administration.  Look on page 5. 

whatever you say.

So when acquaintances, friends, family, neighbors in various parts of the Country get SSA benefit  deposits/checks every Third of Month(if 3rd falls on Sunday deposit is made available last business day) SSD, same thing. SSI on the First of Month. Albertsons, Lipschitzes, Rudolphs, Zelinskism, big alphabetical range to fit your comments. And no, I did not bother looking at your link.

SSI I have no clue, that is State run pretty much I think. But possibly you are thinking of a different benefits program?

When I state something I do know what I say. Seems you never noticed differences in my opinions, questions, comments, statements. How could I jump from opinion to what I believe gives me little doubt in making a statement without the help of what others think?

But aye, you are wrong Pete.

1 hour ago, JB 2 said:

Albertsons, Lipschitzes, Rudolphs, Zelinskism, big alphabetical range to fit your comments. And no, I did not bother looking at your link.

But aye, you are wrong Pete.

Of course you didn't look at the link I posted.  It would prove you wrong.

No where does it mention that the last name of the person has anything to do with it.

Look, I have documented proof that I was correct.  You have nothing supporting your BS other than what you wrote.

How pathetic you have become.  Kinda like another JB,  Joe Biden.

2 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Of course you didn't look at the link I posted.  It would prove you wrong.

No where does it mention that the last name of the person has anything to do with it.

Look, I have documented proof that I was correct.  You have nothing supporting your BS other than what you wrote.

How pathetic you have become.  Kinda like another JB,  Joe Biden.

Maybe SS payout is as you say, SSA is not.

Getting back to topic, has anyone sat around casually and threw out musings? couple of mine;

City folks are more susceptible than rural to cabin fever.

a week from now, maybe a bit longer, people will be having a bunch of money.

Where will they spend that money if there are no places open? There are more renters than home owners.

(and PeteM, when it comes to things I Know, please do not offer as Evidence anything digital. Not saying your link is not valid, simply have seen too many things disappear/altered.

All I will say is if you think ventilators are the answer you are a freaking moron. Once you get to that point you are as good as dead. Cuomo and every other scum bag leftist demanding ventilators are ADMITTING they won't allow/try medicine before it is too late. Hey Cuomo, ya sack of shit, why aren't you talking about steps to AVOID someone going on a ventilator to begin with?

Chloroquine

Zinc

Zithro

DEMAND IT PEOPLE. DO NOT LET THESE FREAKS INTUBATE YOU. IT IS A DEATH SENTENCE and your little freak leftist governor Cuomo knows it. He should be locked up. He is so proud buying ventilators from China. He is dumber than Jason Garnar and that, is hard to beat.

2 hours ago, JB 2 said:

(and PeteM, when it comes to things I Know, please do not offer as Evidence anything digital. Not saying your link is not valid, simply have seen too many things disappear/altered.

It is from the Social Security government site.

But you are right on this.  Obviously it is a conspiracy to confuse people as to when SS pays you.  You got it!  Probably someone on the Grassy Knoll set this up.

Jeezus.

13 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

It is from the Social Security government site.

But you are right on this.  Obviously it is a conspiracy to confuse people as to when SS pays you.  You got it!  Probably someone on the Grassy Knoll set this up.

Jeezus.

So that is where binghamtonian has dotten to.

Not sure what your problem is Pete but I am not playing along.

Now go take a breather , get some fresh air, get away from your basement for a few hours. Go to Ithaca, the Farmers Market opened today.

Maybe you forget what decade it is? Maybe that will be the pay schedule some day for the Reparations thing? Who know?

One of the many things I do KNOW is, you are wrong.

Have a Blessed Day.

7 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

Not sure what your problem is Pete but I am not playing along.

One of the many things I do KNOW is, you are wrong.

You know I am wrong but you can't prove to me that I am wrong.  However I can prove that I am right.  What mental deficiency do you have?

I now read your posts with a different point of view.

There is definitely something wrong with you.  You are ignored.

4 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

You know I am wrong but you can't prove to me that I am wrong.  However I can prove that I am right.  What mental deficiency do you have?

I now read your posts with a different point of view.

There is definitely something wrong with you.  You are ignored.

Thank You. Forgive me for not returning the favor.