ginger

5 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

I've been thinking again. With people still allegedly dying in New York, only because of the China virus, do we know how many of them were given hydroxychloroquine, zinc and zithro? Are they being denied that treatment in New York or is it being tried unsuccessfully? You would think there would be huge media stories making Trump look bad if it was being used and not working. Anyone see any reports on this?

Since chloroquine is FDA approved AND we have the right to try law, would it not be criminal behavior on the part of New York doctors and politicians if they are denying this treatment? They are causing people to die if they are denying it. Sounds like criminal behavior to me. 

The last that I saw was that in France 40+ patients who tried the  hydroxychloroquine  "cure" had cardiac difficulties. I'd say use as a last resort.  This $h1t takes time to figure out, and we got  a late start on it. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

And both are endangered.

Both without good cause.

RINOs for being moderate and reasonable.

Rhinos for being a supply chain for "miracle cures" that their horns supposedly provide.

Both parties are in a horrible state, only representing the far left or right wings, which precludes solutions to anything. I despise them all.

5 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

It also has rare but potentially deadly side effects that can damage the heart and are much more common in patients with unstable body chemistry, like severely ill COVID-19 patients. A study in Brazil had to cancel the higher-dose portion of the trial after a large number of patients showed irregular heartbeats and 11 out of 81 patients died within a week, which was within the range of people they would have expected to die without HCQ.

Wouldn't the side effects of Choro... have been known since the drug has been out there for 50 years and it is administered to people who have Lupus?

9 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Wouldn't the side effects of Choro... have been known since the drug has been out there for 50 years and it is administered to people who have Lupus?

They are. Google "hydrochloroquine cardiotoxicity" and "hydrochloroquine retinotoxicity".

It's early, but the way it's looking is that there's a lot of overlap between "most people, who can take HCQ safely" and "most people, who will beat COVID-19 on their own anyway". On the other side of the coin, there's a lot of overlap between "the group of people who are more likely to die of COVID-19" and "the group of people who are more likely to have deadly side effects from HCQ". There are also some bad drug interactions with common medications for chronic diseases that also make COVID-19 worse, like diabetes.

If you look into it, you'll also find that dosing HCQ for people who are obese (giving them enough to circulate through a larger body) without giving them enough to trigger serious side effects (say, damaging their vision) is a known problem. In the first study of a few thousand patients in the United States, obesity, after age, has turned out to be the single biggest predictor for hospitalization:  https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.08.20057794v1

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that it's more complicated than giving everybody HCQ. Where is Diane from Endicott? I'm sure she has something to say about this.

3 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that it's more complicated than giving everybody HCQ. 

A big thing for us all to remember is it really isn't the HCQ by itself. Zinc is the key. From everything I've read or watched from Doctors etc., who are using it successfully, they explain that what HCQ does is push Zinc into our cells or at least open a pathway for easier absorption. Once in the cell it is the Zinc that knocks the crap out of china virus. Apparently we don't absorb Zinc all that efficiently but HCQ improves that efficiency.

44 minutes ago, 19April1775 said:

A big thing for us all to remember is it really isn't the HCQ by itself. Zinc is the key. From everything I've read or watched from Doctors etc., who are using it successfully, they explain that what HCQ does is push Zinc into our cells or at least open a pathway for easier absorption. Once in the cell it is the Zinc that knocks the crap out of china virus. Apparently we don't absorb Zinc all that efficiently but HCQ improves that efficiency.

Sure. It creates an efficacy of the cell wall. It also creates an efficacy of the cell membrane of red blood cells and lyses them. Hemolytic anemia and Hemolytic uremic poisoning are the result.

post edit- the malaria parasite lives in the red blood cell, that's why quinine works for that. 

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Sure. It creates an efficacy of the cell wall. It also creates an efficacy of the cell membrane of red blood cells and lyses them. Hemolytic anemia and Hemolytic uremic poisoning are the result.

post edit- the malaria parasite lives in the red blood cell, that's why quinine works for that. 

Here's to Gin & Tonic then!!!

1 minute ago, M_Sable said:

Here's to Gin & Tonic then!!!

Look, you want to hear the whole story? No? okay I'll tell it anyway. One year somebody bought me a bottle of Brokers gin. In the past, gin and tonic is my choice for an aperitif when I'm out for dinner but it isn't something I would normally drink. The older I get the less tolerance I have to alcohol so on my weekends and or day off I'm pouring half an ounce of liquor into a collins glass filled with regular tonic water. Guess what happened after a couple of weeks? I almost ended up on dialysis. It took an entire year of dieting to heal. So, I actually do know what I'm talking about. In fact, I can back that up I think, wait for it...

So when I was better I had to switch to gin martinis..I really miss tonic water but that low or no quinine tonic water is just...no. Yes the bottle comes with the cute little derby and you can see from the photo why this was a gift. :) lol

https://images.app.goo.gl/noXozAsWEJpGnqb28

Remember the AIDS epidemic in the 1980’s? Remember Fauci telling us AIDS would be in the general population in 5 years with no way to stop it? He and his buddy Deb Brix may very well be the heroes we need in these trying times. 

DOD LEAK: Feds Investigated Birx & CDC Director for "Scientific Fraud & Misconduct"; Fabricated, Falsified HIV

Meanwhile, the Israelis may have an important point here

Could coronavirus crisis be over in 2 weeks?

And this guy has some good things to say. The source of the Israeli link above

Coronavirus Update IX: End Game—Will Politicians Double Down On Fear Or End It?

36 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Remember the AIDS epidemic in the 1980’s? Remember Fauci telling us AIDS would be in the general population in 5 years with no way to stop it? He and his buddy Deb Brix may very well be the heroes we need in these trying times. 

DOD LEAK: Feds Investigated Birx & CDC Director for "Scientific Fraud & Misconduct"; Fabricated, Falsified HIV

Meanwhile, the Israelis may have an important point here

Could coronavirus crisis be over in 2 weeks?

And this guy has some good things to say. The source of the Israeli link above

Coronavirus Update IX: End Game—Will Politicians Double Down On Fear Or End It?

Tons of real dirt on Dr. 'The real Jesus' Fauci and his woman, Mary 'Dr. Birx the scarf' Magdalene. 

2 hours ago, ginger said:

One year somebody bought me a bottle of Brokers gin.

Whoever gave you that has pretty good taste. I ran out of my preferred choice over the weekend today and picked up a bottle of "Black Dirt" New York bourbon today, so there will be an up-to-the-minute update on that when it's opened.

2 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Whoever gave you that has pretty good taste. I ran out of my preferred choice over the weekend today and picked up a bottle of "Black Dirt" New York bourbon today, so there will be an up-to-the-minute update on that when it's opened.

Gin is such a complex spirit. Brokers is truly spritely. It makes every other gin taste heavy handed which is fine if you are in that kind of a mood. Funny aside, the guy on the bottle looks like my dad. Last year my bourbon of choice was Jim Beam Devils Cut. Smooth straight up or nice with mixer. I was using it for Mint Juleps. The quality exceeded the price point.

Everyone who is done with the coronavirus drama raise your hand. Me too, I fell asleep while was Cuomo bathering and woke up to Trump droning on. Eek, off to work. GIVE IT A REST BOYS!

20 minutes ago, ginger said:

Everyone who is done with the coronavirus drama raise your hand. Me too, I fell asleep while was Cuomo bathering and woke up to Trump droning on. Eek, off to work. GIVE IT A REST BOYS!

Ginger! Nooooo! 157 more pages of this thread and you break my record with the Donald Trump is running for President thread. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Whatever happened to the 30,000 ventilators that Cuomo asked Trump for. 

We have China producing ventilators, Russia shipped us ventilators, GM and Ford are geared up to produce ventilators. On the other side of the pond the folks at Dyson, Airbus, Rolls-Royce and McLaren producing ventilators....

By August you will be able to buy a ventilator at Costco for $99....by Thanksgiving you will be able to get a free one in lieu of a turkey at Price Chopper. And eventually this vast surplus of ventilators will end up in landfill somewhere. Probably withing 18 months.

9 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Ginger! Nooooo! 157 more pages of this thread and you break my record with the Donald Trump is running for President thread. 

giphy.gif

I'm so bored I might reread that entire thread for fun.