ginger

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

😂

Hey, Ginger. Let me axe you a question. Gov Cuomo wants to test NYS Nursing Home Employees twice a week for COVID-19. How in the blue hell are they going to pull this off? Who does the testing? Who pays for it? Aren’t Nursing Homes short staffed enough as it is? Who is going to want their brain tickled with a nasal swab twice a week? Trouble ahead

The facility I visited today starts testing on Tuesday. It's rather large, over 400 employees. I was told the tax payers are picking up the tab. Staff thinks 2x a week is excessive. I don't. Too many floating/ travel/ agency staff.

1 hour ago, ginger said:

The facility I visited today starts testing on Tuesday. It's rather large, over 400 employees. I was told the tax payers are picking up the tab. Staff thinks 2x a week is excessive. I don't. Too many floating/ travel/ agency staff.

Ummm, no visitors, Ginger. How’d you pull that off? 😉.  Of course 2x a week is excessive. What do part-time employees do? Per diem? They expected to come in on their days off to get tested? What kind of testing is it? Nasal swab? Who does the testing? How long does it take for the test results? Sounds like a recipe for a gigantic 💩 sandwich to me. 

5 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Ummm, no visitors, Ginger. How’d you pull that off? 😉.  Of course 2x a week is excessive. What do part-time employees do? Per diem? They expected to come in on their days off to get tested? What kind of testing is it? Nasal swab? Who does the testing? How long does it take for the test results? Sounds like a recipe for a gigantic 💩 sandwich to me. 

Trust me, I was in that building a lot longer than I wanted to be. They'll be tested by their Rns probably inservice director for day shift, yes nasal swab, not sure about results...you know every year every employee gets tested for tuberculosis. Every year the nurses give flu shots and other available tests that may or may not be required hepatitis, pneumovax, mmr, dpt...I still think giving the sars 1 vaccine would be a great idea because if you can set up your immune system to fight off 94.6 % of the covid 19 (sars2) we might be able to get ahead of the game. No side effects were found in that btw. I'm surprised I can't find a study of people who had the sars1 vaccine and what their status is right now in relation to sars 2.

21 minutes ago, ginger said:

Trust me, I was in that building a lot longer than I wanted to be. They'll be tested by their Rns probably inservice director for day shift, yes nasal swab, not sure about results...you know every year every employee gets tested for tuberculosis. Every year the nurses give flu shots and other available tests that may or may not be required hepatitis, pneumovax, mmr, dpt...

Broome County Nursing Homes have approximately 2000 employees. (I’m actually yanking that figure outta my butt, but I bet I’m close). That’s 4000 tests a week. Nope! Not gonna happen. Cuomo has a big problem on his hands.

I’m very aware of yearly shots for flu, etc...  Big difference between a yearly shot and a nasal swab that tickles your brain and is getting done twice a week.  Take Bridgewater for example. Over 400 employees.  I wouldn’t trust the Ghetto Nursing staff there to take care of a dead dog. Never mind a nasal swab. Employees are going to get scared and refuse the test.  They’ll quit or get fired. They’re short staffed enough.  Now what are they going to do? 

Cuomo has killed enough Nursing Home Residents. His intentions may be honorable on testing employees twice a week but there’s a shit-storm brewing. 

So...the employees are sick, the residents/patients are sick or dead. You put pregnant women and their babies IN JEOPARDY...Oh...isn't that a thing? Having a facility IN JEOPARDY? IN JEOPARDY OF FACILITATING HARM TO A PATIENT? 

Instead of using one of the numerous suggested properties to set up a sanatorium you allowed all available staff to go to NYC instead of acting as custodians of our own community. Some of you aren't worth the paper your bachelor's and master's degrees are written on.

Zero confidence 

BTW, I just heard on the radio Willow Point has a covid positive patient now but they're in a negative pressure room. What, you closed the door and put a fan in the window? 

The good news is, it's not too late..flu season comes every year twice a year. 

Built all of this for one room with property taxpayer dollars? One room? Socket outlets? lol Plugging in the 02 concentrator to a socket outlet? Pete is that safe? Won't it create..I forgot what they're called, phantom electrons? Found it,  floating neutrals? Floating neutrals and oxygen...?

https://www.md.ucl.ac.be/didac/hosp/architec/U.S.Isol_negat_pres.pdf

3 hours ago, ginger said:

Built all of this for one room with property taxpayer dollars? One room? Socket outlets? lol Plugging in the 02 concentrator to a socket outlet? Pete is that safe? Won't it create..I forgot what they're called, phantom electrons? Found it,  floating neutrals? Floating neutrals and oxygen...?

https://www.md.ucl.ac.be/didac/hosp/architec/U.S.Isol_negat_pres.pdf

No this looks OK to me.

Floating neutrals, nothing to worry about.  Not mentioned in document

lol 27 you know it's bad when the ruler of Burundi tells WHO to leave and refers to them as persona non grata. I read all these threads and papers written by such nice brilliant young people...I'm so sick of things being run by people who always have an ulterior motive. Speaking of...a couple of NYS  assemblymen are looking to rescind the part of the budget bill that gives healthcare facilities a pass on covid lawsuits. I wonder where Nick Libous and Joe Angelino stand? How about Akshar and Lupardo?

2 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

No one should be allowed to drive again, until there are no fatal accidents for 14 consecutive days.

Then we can slowly begin to phase in certain classes of people who begin driving again, but at only half the posted speed limit.

:) Pete, my coworkers and I were commenting how nice the driving has been without traffic. Just me, the truck drivers and Law enforcement, who were pulling e v e r y b o d y over yesterday.

BTW I hear they aren't calling the "special room" a negative pressure room. A true negative pressure room imputes some therapeutic response that would have to be charted on.

(STOP MAKING FUN OF MY DANGLING PARTICIPLES!)

I was chatting with one of the girls at the place I visited yesterday. Her residents are getting depressed being stuck in their rooms with the door closed. All because counties refused to open flu stations. Making people suffer in the last days of their lives...shame on all of you. I wonder how many suicide ideations the nurses have to deal with. That's a lot of work you know, 15 minute checks etc. Geripsych evaluations within 24 hrs...that costs money.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:40 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

Don't quote me on this but I think I heard Jason Garner say Willow Point employees will be either contracting probably with Lourdes or UHS occupational health or sending employees to get the free tests at SUNY. because overworked staff have all the time in the world...are they paying overtime for that? They always think people should work for free.

Found out some information today.

If you go for a china virus test go to Wilson.  They will call your doctor with the results.

If you go to BU, they do not call your doctor.  I SUSPECT they call the health department and one of their contract tracers will call you.

16 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Found out some information today.

If you go for a china virus test go to Wilson.  They will call your doctor with the results.

If you go to BU, they do not call your doctor.  I SUSPECT they call the health department and one of their contract tracers will call you.

I have an acquaintance who was sick. He went to the doctor, no test. The doctor said he probably has it and gave him a note to be off work for ten work days...so 14 if you include weekends. He says he's feeling good enough to work but not 100%. He was not prescribed any medication.

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

Belgium health minister.

Yousa

Yowsa is right. Listening to the BEN SHAPIRO SHOW last night...he had a guest on, some doctor, who was waxing apologetic about how he's afraid the public is losing faith in the medical community. In his best "Aw Shucks Folks" voice he says, "We just missed that whole nursing home thing. We didn't notice until it was too late." 

Liar. And we all know who the father of lies is, don't we? HE WAS A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING.