Cuomo just declared a State of Emergency 3/7/20

PeteMoss

Wow.  Late to the party as usual.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/cuomo-declares-state-of-emergency-as-new-york-state-coronavirus-cases-soar-to-76/

FTA: " A state of emergency frees up $30 million that will be used to expand testing and purchase items such as masks and protective gear for healthcare workers, the governor said. "

There is little protective items that are available for sale.  He should have done this days ago.  It was obvious that COVID-19 was going to be serious.

Perfect way for blue state radical democrats to launder some of that $8.5 billion back to friends and family, don't you think? I saw a blurb that Maryland called a state of emergency after having just 3 infections. One giant scam. 

On 3/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, PeteMoss said:

Wow.  Late to the party as usual.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/cuomo-declares-state-of-emergency-as-new-york-state-coronavirus-cases-soar-to-76/

FTA: " A state of emergency frees up $30 million that will be used to expand testing and purchase items such as masks and protective gear for healthcare workers, the governor said. "

There is little protective items that are available for sale.  He should have done this days ago.  It was obvious that COVID-19 was going to be serious.

I see Governor Cuomo and the President are twitter quibbling about respirators. Cuomo is incensed Trump told him he has to do more. 

Awww, welcome to the world of healthcare Andy. Yes you have to do more. No you don't get paid extra. No, the higher ups are not going to lift a finger to help you out. Now shut up and hunt down respirators. IT'S YOUR JOB.

BTW, you and Mayor DeBlasio can stop pretending all of the good ideas came from your tiny brains and try sharing some of the credit. 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, PeteMoss said:

I am hearing this second hand but supposedly there is a student at BU who is under quarantine.

Anyone know if this is true?

Probably had a "trigger" moment watching the news and is now in a "safe space" holding a Teddy bear and being consoled by friends.  The Psychological Trauma Team is en route.

13 hours ago, M_Sable said:

He or she is a Spartan...will be OK. Tigers and Bears....not so sure.

Spartans are carried home after a valiant death in battle on their shields, while Tigers and Bears end up stuffed on somebody's den wall, or made into rugs.

<ducking>

Cuomo should talk less and do more. His answers yesterday(?) to reporters regarding NYS Budget has me re-thinking my decision to live in NY. I like life here, but he has me thinking about what Taxes will increase once this mess is done with. His eyes were gleaming in anticipation while talking and saying nothing.

Had radio on for background noise. Cuomo still talking saying little.

Must be a Democrat thing. One of Cuomo's ideas is for President Trump to exercise more Power over Private Sector. 

Example Cuomo gave is something about CA bids $4.00, NY bids $5.00, so President Trump should demand companies not accept competitive bidding. Makes Sense at this time. But. (aye the old but monkey pops up)

Maybe if Govenors in most need got together they could work out a $3.95 purchase price with the Company? Just wondering. 

Two things I learned about that swamp critter infested country of DC. Once temporary Taxes are enacted, no way in hell will Democrats agree to less money in the future. Same with Temporary Power. Pretty sure our Founders expected House Members to serve Temporary Terms, not get rich careers in a part-time job.

(Still believe every Democrat speech can be summed up in Carroll's Jabberwock)

I see Governor Cuomo and Mayor DeBlasio have requested President Trump lend military medical personnel to the State of NY.

If they have the resources...several years back I recall a 60 minutes episode about doctors who renege on the public service element of their student loans. They thought if they repaid the loan (or refinanced with another lender) they should be cleared of the public service obligation. Maybe Tish should look into this. Bonasera, Bonasera...  :) 

3 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Had radio on for background noise. Cuomo still talking saying little.

Must be a Democrat thing. One of Cuomo's ideas is for President Trump to exercise more Power over Private Sector. 

Example Cuomo gave is something about CA bids $4.00, NY bids $5.00, so President Trump should demand companies not accept competitive bidding. Makes Sense at this time. But. (aye the old but monkey pops up)

Maybe if Govenors in most need got together they could work out a $3.95 purchase price with the Company? Just wondering. 

Two things I learned about that swamp critter infested country of DC. Once temporary Taxes are enacted, no way in hell will Democrats agree to less money in the future. Same with Temporary Power. Pretty sure our Founders expected House Members to serve Temporary Terms, not get rich careers in a part-time job.

(Still believe every Democrat speech can be summed up in Carroll's Jabberwock)

He’s unlistenable. In his mind, he’s auditioning for president in ‘24.