Stimulus Checks

If and when President Trump sends out stimulus checks, all the people who screamed and cried that he wasn't your president better put "return to sender" on that piece of mail.  

Just listened to his news conference.  When asked, President Trump said, "We are not talking about a $1,000 check.  We are talking about much more than that." 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it starts at $1200 per individual, starts to fade at 75,000 income and gone at 99,000 based on 2018 tax return.  Limits and check are both doubled for married filing jointly.  Regardless of politics, I have heard many people who are secure financially speak of donating at least a portion of it to a food bank or a local restaurant that is feeding people e.g. Owego Kitchen who is giving out free meals no questions asked.  The idea of a windfall from this mess sits poorly with some folks, when people who were just living their lives and playing by the rules are screwed.  

54 minutes ago, Jacksonx3 said:

I believe it starts at $1200 per individual, starts to fade at 75,000 income and gone at 99,000 based on 2018 tax return.  Limits and check are both doubled for married filing jointly.  Regardless of politics, I have heard many people who are secure financially speak of donating at least a portion of it to a food bank or a local restaurant that is feeding people e.g. Owego Kitchen who is giving out free meals no questions asked.  The idea of a windfall from this mess sits poorly with some folks, when people who were just living their lives and playing by the rules are screwed.  

That'll be our plan, I believe.

You know when I first brought the subject up it was out of concern for the 70 employees quarantined at Lifecare, 4 of which ended up hospitalized. I figured they'd need a couple of g's to get through a month maybe 6 weeks. Changing all of this into a stimulus package was not my intention.

Seriously Thomas, I just read something about a $600-1200 rebate check.  How do they think $600 is going to help somebody? That's a car payment. insurance and an oil change no filter. I guess we'll all be living in our cars soon! 

Why wouldn't everyone else be collecting unemployment? As I said, those Life care workers are out but they will be going back to work, that's who the money is supposed to be for. Enough to keep a roof over your head and the car on the road. I know 2 seniors who can't wait to get their checks and one person who hasn't a real job EVER in his life...he thinks he's getting 6 grand. I don't know why.

22 minutes ago, ginger said:

Why wouldn't everyone else be collecting unemployment? As I said, those Life care workers are out but they will be going back to work, that's who the money is supposed to be for. Enough to keep a roof over your head and the car on the road. I know 2 seniors who can't wait to get their checks and one person who hasn't a real job EVER in his life...he thinks he's getting 6 grand. I don't know why.

I have been wondering the same thing myself.   Unemployment.  Waive the one week rule.

All the people who live paycheck to paycheck.  You should have done something years ago about your situation.

20 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

If and when President Trump sends out stimulus checks, all the people who screamed and cried that he wasn't your president better put "return to sender" on that piece of mail.  

Just listened to his news conference.  When asked, President Trump said, "We are not talking about a $1,000 check.  We are talking about much more than that." 

President Trump is using a one time incentive to get out and get our Country back on track.

The hold up in Senate is Chuckie demanding the checks be another continuing hand out. 

Money will be auto deposit to those that filed tax returns. Chuckies base will need to wait for paper checks.

Pelosi is about to snap. Gonna be interesting.

14 hours ago, ginger said:

Seriously Thomas, I just read something about a $600-1200 rebate check.  How do they think $600 is going to help somebody? That's a car payment. insurance and an oil change no filter. I guess we'll all be living in our cars soon! 

As I understand, the check will be in addition to unemployment insurance, and whatever other aid a person may qualify for.

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

I have been wondering the same thing myself.   Unemployment.  Waive the one week rule.

All the people who live paycheck to paycheck.  You should have done something years ago about your situation.

Pete i understand what you are saying. Trust me  i was many of the  dumb asses that didn't think ahead. But it is what it is. We all make mistakes in our life. Now i think its time to come together and do the right thing. But to point to someone that made a mistake? I don't agree

7 minutes ago, snowman60 said:

Pete i understand what you are saying. Trust me  i was many of the  dumb asses that didn't think ahead. But it is what it is. We all make mistakes in our life. Now i think its time to come together and do the right thing. But to point to someone that made a mistake? I don't agree

Absolutely there are people who need help.  But the vast majority don't.

My grandmother qualified for HEAP.  She was from the old country and was too proud to apply for it. 

I don't need the check, but I will donate it to an organization that will use it wisely.

I'd rather the money went to small businesses to keep their heads above water and keep some people employed.  A one-time check to people whether they need it or not is noting but a very temporary bandaid.  It is nothing more than redistribution of wealth where the long-term tax burden will hurt the middle class more than anyone.

What happens to the people whose businesses collapsed? What happens to those people who worked for those businesses?

The elite that control the system don’t give a shit about the people. They don’t care about the elderly either. The same elderly who paid in their entire life through taxation and other means and at the end in their final years they get handed a pittance of a pension which gives them a choice between being warm and being hungry.

The world economy has been destroyed. Everybody out there who says they’re going to donate their stimulus check...

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

What happens to the people whose businesses collapsed? What happens to those people who worked for those businesses?

The elite that control the system don’t give a shit about the people. They don’t care about the elderly either. The same elderly who paid in their entire life through taxation and other means and at the end in their final years they get handed a pittance of a pension which gives them a choice between being warm and being hungry.

The world economy has been destroyed. Everybody out there who says they’re going to donate their stimulus check...

tenor.gif

You are Mr. Negative today. 

There are people out there who donate to good causes.  Do you?

54 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

You are Mr. Negative today. 

There are people out there who donate to good causes.  Do you?

“All the people who live paycheck to paycheck.  You should have donsomething years ago about your situation.”

Those are your words, Pete. My point is not everybody can and it’s not always through fault of their own. I’ve donated to numerous charities throughout the years. With everything going on in the world right now. Charity starts at home. 

15 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Absolutely there are people who need help.  But the vast majority don't.

Reverse that. There are people who don’t. The vast majority do. 

15 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

I don't need the check, but I will donate it to an organization that will use it wisely.

If you qualify for a check....you need the check.