HOARDING

ginger

I was up to CVS on Upper front. They have some bath tissue. They are only allowing one pkg per customer. I'm a little ticked off. Their ad is purchase $30.00 worth of bounty/charmin etc and get a $10.00 gift card. They refused. CVS on Chenango is empty and I heard CVS on Robinson is out too. I asked one of the kids why Upper front has a supply and he said they get more trucks.

I was also at Tops in Cortland. The shelves were empty at 8am but the manager stated they were about to empty the second truck. 

I thought the whole point of stores shutting down overnight was to stock the shelves...every store I've been to in the last 24 hrs was decimated.

10 minutes ago, ginger said:

I was up to CVS on Upper front. They have some bath tissue. They are only allowing one pkg per customer. I'm a little ticked off. Their ad is purchase $30.00 worth of bounty/charmin etc and get a $10.00 gift card. They refused. CVS on Chenango is empty and I heard CVS on Robinson is out too. I asked one of the kids why Upper front has a supply and he said they get more trucks.

I was also at Tops in Cortland. The shelves were empty at 8am but the manager stated they were about to empty the second truck. 

I thought the whole point of stores shutting down overnight was to stock the shelves...every store I've been to in the last 24 hrs was decimated.

Surprises me southern tier hoarders do not think to head down 26 toward the P&G plant and get their TP from the source.

Since people have NO IDEA how long they will be stuck in their homes, people will continue to hoard.  It has been said that the grocery stores only have enough product to last 3 days. 

I can't blame people for hoarding, especially when Lupardo tells people not to hoard.  That is like a dog whistle to people, telling them to hoard. 

Weeks ago I bought enough "stuff" to last 30 days.  Will that be enough?  Who knows.  But I think probably NOT!

The farmer's market on Front Street is open today.  I wonder who is there selling and if anything is left to buy.

4 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

I’ve hoarded nothing.

Under a Clinton era law, FEMA has the right to inspect / take what you have stored, during an emergency.

FEMA folk will have a fight on their hands if they try confiscating my stash of IAMS and Pedigree. Then my four legged friend will get a treat afterward.

22 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Garnar knocks on the door, time to turn it over.

Sure, will do.

Or, better yet, we might assume it is the third home invasion I needed to fight off over the past forty years.

The latter is more likely.

6 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Define hoarding.  What is the legal definition of hoarding?

Per Wikipedia:

A hoard or hoarding was a temporary wooden shed-like construction that was placed on the exterior of the ramparts of a castle during a siege to allow the defenders to improve their field of fire along the length of a wall and, most particularly, directly downwards to the wall base.

So, instead of hoarding toilet paper, I'm gonna build better home defenses ;)

7 hours ago, DanCooper said:

I’ve hoarded nothing.

Under a Clinton era law, FEMA has the right to inspect / take what you have stored, during an emergency.

I don't feel like researching it but are you sure it was hoarders? I thought that happened during the time the leftist government was trying to demonize preppers. Preppers are not hoarders. One thing the #chinesevirus has taught us is preppers aren't the retards. Prepping for something like #kungflu can be done under the radar over a long period of time and the government wouldn't have a clue. Putting together an adequately supplied group of items that will help you survive something like #kungflu is now hip. It isn't hoarding at all.

And like JB2 says, come and take it. We are not under rule by these moron politicians no matter how tough they talk or what bogus laws they pass. If you want to make sure your family is ready for the next #chinesevirus it really is none of their business and in fact, you can do it without them ever knowing. 

It is just smart living.

1 hour ago, 19April1775 said:

I don't feel like researching it but are you sure it was hoarders? I thought that happened during the time the leftist government was trying to demonize preppers. Preppers are not hoarders. One thing the #chinesevirus has taught us is preppers aren't the retards. Prepping for something like #kungflu can be done under the radar over a long period of time and the government wouldn't have a clue. Putting together an adequately supplied group of items that will help you survive something like #kungflu is now hip. It isn't hoarding at all.

And like JB2 says, come and take it. We are not under rule by these moron politicians no matter how tough they talk or what bogus laws they pass. If you want to make sure your family is ready for the next #chinesevirus it really is none of their business and in fact, you can do it without them ever knowing. 

It is just smart living.

Not quite what I said.

I learned long before internet to never put serious thoughts into written form.

100% on smart living.

11 hours ago, thomas said:

I don't hoard. I pkg of TP is enough. Don't be so selfish. And nobody is stuck in their homes.

My sentiments exactly. 

While I had the chance to buy some at Home Depot, I opted not to since I didn’t really need it. I figured somebody else probably needed it more. 

I guess my parents didn’t raise me to be a selfish, self centered asshole. 

1 hour ago, M_Sable said:

...and I have a bridge for sale in Arizona :)

Would that be the London Bridge? If so I might be interested. Letcha know after mega million results come in.

Brooklyn Bridge has too many owners and is not nearly as beautiful.