NY Governor Cuomo and his daily COVID-19 Briefings

17 hours ago, ginger said:

Pete I can see where this is going, every business is going to have to present an action plan to mitigate coronavirus or they don't get to open. This governor can't even save the lives of the people in nursings homes. He has perpetually neglected to address staffing issues. He isn't helping anyone. Trained personnel in hospitals and nursing homes can't contain the spread but he's going to place impossible burdens on everyone else. And toward what liability? lol Good luck proving you got the coronavirus from some business, ie a car rental.

I don't see him shutting down his contaminated subway system.

Cuomo  cant save the lives of people in nursing homes because he is sending infected patients there. The nursing homes are all getting bad press but no one ever asks how many of the infected residents actually lived there or got transferred in.   He’s having midnight transfers of patients being done to this area and others as well. Even John Carrigg has told people it is happening. I have to listen to him in conference calls as well as Commissioner Zucker from DOH regularly. They can’t keep a grip on how to take care of things. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little thing, kinda important today, and for however long it is allowed.

"No State shall convert a Liberty into a Privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor."

Murdock v Pennsylvania (319 US 105)

Well, y'all gotta make yer own choices on how much Government Controls ya. I kinda like the "Gadsden" route.

Stay Safe. Luv y'all.

6 hours ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

Cuomo  cant save the lives of people in nursing homes because he is sending infected patients there. The nursing homes are all getting bad press but no one ever asks how many of the infected residents actually lived there or got transferred in.   He’s having midnight transfers of patients being done to this area and others as well. Even John Carrigg has told people it is happening. I have to listen to him in conference calls as well as Commissioner Zucker from DOH regularly. They can’t keep a grip on how to take care of things. 

RAF I've been railing about this since the governor mandated nursing homes to accept new admissions regardless of covid status. I am watching the slaughter of thousands of seniors across the country as well as nursing staff. It's a disgusting massacre and I swear governor Cuomo is going to be held to account for crimes against humanity. At least Governor Newsom is trying to rescue his seniors. Eventually I'm going to read up on how to make it happen.

Paragraph 5 says it all. The NYS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH IS ACTING AGAINST THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION. ( those would be the doctors in charge of nursing homes) If you don't know who the medical director of your facility is, it's usually posted right in the lobby. Oh, that's right, you can't get in the lobby anymore. And it looks like the AARP is useless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/miriamknoll/2020/03/27/why-ignoring-nursing-home-residents-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-is-reckless/#75ee33287912

Well we aren't bound by the Rome Statute. Still reading. I just want to reiterate...

THE NYS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH... IS ACTING AGAINST THE DOCTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SENIORS WHO LIVE IN THE NURSING HOMES. 

Let that sink in people.

19 hours ago, ginger said:

RAF I've been railing about this since the governor mandated nursing homes to accept new admissions regardless of covid status. I am watching the slaughter of thousands of seniors across the country as well as nursing staff. It's a disgusting massacre and I swear governor Cuomo is going to be held to account for crimes against humanity. At least Governor Newsom is trying to rescue his seniors. Eventually I'm going to read up on how to make it happen.

So far there are two nursing homes in our area that are virus free. Ideal nursing home and Good Shepherd’s Endwell, Fairview, and Chase Memorial facilities. Are there more? But no patient transfers in there that I’m aware of. Commissioner Zucker can’t even keep track of information that was sent to him by all the nursing home administrators. Cuomo sends the National Guard up here to ‘borrow’ our ventilators that he doesn’t need and then gives them to New Jersey. 

2 hours ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

So far there are two nursing homes in our area that are virus free. Ideal nursing home and Good Shepherd’s Endwell, Fairview, and Chase Memorial facilities. Are there more? 

Yes, Elizabeth Church and Bridgewater are virus free. Not so sure about the ones you mentioned. 

This is disgusting. Spend some money and get these ladies their ppe. Paper gowns are not meant to be reusable for covid pts under any circumstances. That patient should not be in house. When are they going to get a clue? And BTW they just threw away a very nice nurse. Maybe they can recall one of the hero nurses that went down to NYC for a little adventure a couple of weeks ago. Nevermind every nursing home in upstate NY is short staffed.  CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.

https://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/local/2020/04/01/coronavirus-ny-steuben-county-hornell-gardens-nurses-ppe-arnot-health/5101935002/ 

https://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/local/2020/04/08/nyc-coronavirus-ithaca-nurses-doctors-bus-hospital-fight-covid-19/2973005001/

Edited by ginger
content...had a better idea

Better yet, and I just found a totes waterproof rain jacket to send to my child. She can wear it to the store and take it off on her balcony and leave it there.

Here is 41 available at $10.00 a pop. Spend the lousy $400.00.

https://www.fullsource.com/mcr-safety-o72c/?size=2&gac=1550001466609&shop=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyur0BRDcARIsAEt86IDD9axNyMfvQxB91QdtnvcDgpR2zyWfu4Yj4D3JLfl3xzq_w4J81kIaAlz1EALw_wcB

The Original Totes Coat...this isn't the one I bought but perfect if you want your own ppe...not lined and you can leave it at the doorstep. I actually have one like this in my closet from like, the 80's lol  :) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Totes-80s-90s-Long-Blue-Rain-Trench-Coat-Shoulder-Pads-Shiny-Sm-4P/254384181765?_

Here's the one I sent her...she isn't a size 14 but I was thinking upsizing would be a good idea. If she doesn't like it she can give it away. Who needs shower curtains! This is America!  lol :) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Totes-Trench-coat-long-women-sz-14/223932257346?hash=item3423671442:g:cQkAAOSwondeWxkZ

I was just reading about another 80 dead soldiers in Jersey. One family was told their dad was making a comeback when he had actually been dead for several hours. Their administrator states the "unprecedented circumstances" regarding the mix up as if that's an excuse. ENOUGH WITH THE PLATITUDES. 

21 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Yes, Elizabeth Church and Bridgewater are virus free. Not so sure about the ones you mentioned. 

I know the administration at Good Shepherd and Ideal. They are virus free

21 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

How many of the nursing homes that are infected because Cuomo ordered them to accept Chinese virus patients?

They won’t give details on how many COVID patients were transferred in

21 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Glad they had the sense to follow quarantine orders and not let visitors in - unlike at least one other.

Good shepherd stopped visitors three weeks ago or more. Vendors are stopped at the door with just a couple of exceptions for those that need to come in

Aren't Good Shepherd, HillTop and Elizabeth Church run/owned by the same people?

Susquehanna, Bridgewater and Vestal...same people?

Perhaps it's a coincidence but it kind of looks like they picked one to be their coronavirus go-to.

If I'm not mistaken Hilltop and Susquehanna have fewer beds.

edit- I wonder if it is also a coincidence both infected nursing homes are in Johnson City.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

Susquehanna, Bridgewater and Vestal...same people?

Nope, Susquehanna isn’t owned by the same corporation that owns Bridgewater and Vestal. Richard Botnick sold what was then Rivermede around 2004/2005 to a corporation (Upstate Services Group) headed by Efriam Steif and Uri Koenig. They own numerous Nursing homes in NY. Not sure about Ideal. I know they wanted to buy it. Not sure if the deal went through yet. Bridgewater has 356 beds. The biggest facility in the area. 

^ You are right...it's Absolut, Bridgewater and Vestal owned by Upstate services and Susquehanna etal owned by Vestracare.  :) But you know they all know each other, right? 

https://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/current/2016/12/13/126959/mcguire-group-vestracare-partnership-brings-joint-vision-technology-to-wny