NY Governor Cuomo and his daily COVID-19 Briefings

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

UE. Here's the link, you can see the details under the Education links. If it's substantially different in other area districts I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

https://www.uek12.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=5PAUY0&dasi=2GI

Windsor is different.  https://www.windsor-csd.org/CoronavirusInformation.aspx

I don't see any mention in UE's webpages about doing nothing for 5 weeks.  If I missed it, let me know.

How do you want students to be evaluated?  Please post your ideas here and notify the UE superintendant.  I see their Board Meetings are online with Zoom now.  Watch it and give them your thoughts. 

The world has changed.  We are all learning to adapt to these changes.  Many will be permanent.  Some colleges will be going to online education in the fall.  This could be the end for some 4 year colleges.  

You can always home school your children.  Nothing is stopping you.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, PeteMoss said:

I don't see any mention in UE's webpages about doing nothing for 5 weeks.  If I missed it, let me know.

How do you want students to be evaluated?  Please post your ideas here and notify the UE superintendant.  I see their Board Meetings are online with Zoom now.  Watch it and give them your thoughts. ....

You can always home school your children.  Nothing is stopping you.

There is no mention because what they posted is the 'new' plan after pretty much not doing anything for 5 weeks. My bet is they thought the schools would reopen so not much effort was exerted while things were in limbo.

How to evaluate students? I'm just a taxpayer with a kid in school. If I were making $225,000 to 'run' the school I would have an answer for that - other than 'no one fails'.

Home school? That's exactly what what's happening. I do my best to use the engageny website to get the core curriculum modules as well as other good resources like Khan Academy to fill the void. Is it helpful? I don't know, but it's better than nothing.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

There is no mention because what they posted is the 'new' plan after pretty much not doing anything for 5 weeks. My bet is they thought the schools would reopen so not much effort was exerted while things were in limbo.

How to evaluate students? I'm just a taxpayer with a kid in school. If I were making $225,000 to 'run' the school I would have an answer for that - other than 'no one fails'.

Home school? That's exactly what what's happening. I do my best to use the engageny website to get the core curriculum modules as well as other good resources like Khan Academy to fill the void. Is it helpful? I don't know, but it's better than nothing.

Who makes $225,000 at UE?

Is anyone listening to Cuomo? JESUS CHRIST what has happened to NYS? That fascist bastard has finally shown me my moving back home to NY was a mistake. I will find a way to get my ass back to America somehow. When they throw dirt over me it doesn't much matter what State that dirt is in.

Thank you Herr Cuomo

7 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Is anyone listening to Cuomo? JESUS CHRIST what has happened to NYS? That fascist bastard has finally shown me my moving back home to NY was a mistake. I will find a way to get my ass back to America somehow. When they throw dirt over me it doesn't much matter what State that dirt is in.

Thank you Herr Cuomo

What did I miss?

King Cuomo's  plan for reopening the state is full of flaws and hasn't been thought out, Start small eg. car dealerships , real estate sales, barbers , beauty shops then see how that goes then shortly after restaurants and construction, then manufacturing and retail. His plan puts the business that have people working close together first , and when a spike occurs he'll shut everything down again. But that's how Cuomo and NYS has always done things, ass backwards.

6 minutes ago, joehill7469 said:

King Cuomo's  plan for reopening the state is full of flaws and hasn't been thought out, Start small eg. car dealerships , real estate sales, barbers , beauty shops then see how that goes then shortly after restaurants and construction, then manufacturing and retail. His plan puts the business that have people working close together first , and when a spike occurs he'll shut everything down again. But that's how Cuomo and NYS has always done things, ass backwards.

Joe:

You are correct.  But let me predict the follow on to his failure. When Cuomo's reopening plan fails, the people will IGNORE his plan to "PAUSE" for a second time.  The people will do whatever they want to, and I don't blame them.  HE has screwed up this situation royally, as only King Cuomo can. 

3 hours ago, joehill7469 said:

Thanks. Retail is last? So Walmart and Dollar General are ok but Home Goods is a no go until he says so...enough with this. BTW there is plenty of manufacturing going on. 

4 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Joe:

You are correct.  But let me predict the follow on to his failure. When Cuomo's reopening plan fails, the people will IGNORE his plan to "PAUSE" for a second time.  The people will do whatever they want to, and I don't blame them.  HE has screwed up this situation royally, as only King Cuomo can. 

Let me go one step further. When it fails he will blame it on the people.

Maybe today we'll have a moment of silence for the upwards of 5,000 ny state nursing home residents he murdered.

^So now his excuse is ," I just did what the department of health told me to do." He was just following orders. The medical directors of the nursing homes told him no...

https://images.app.goo.gl/S832F3mbjgsRQ8AM6

Idiot  King Cuomo must be smoking some of that hemp from Binghamton because in his propaganda  lecture  today he said that  the Corona 19 virus didn't come from China but it came from Europe, I don't care where it made stops on it's way here it came from CHI-NA, as president trump would say.

3 hours ago, joehill7469 said:

Idiot  King Cuomo must be smoking some of that hemp from Binghamton because in his propaganda  lecture  today he said that  the Corona 19 virus didn't come from China but it came from Europe, I don't care where it made stops on it's way here it came from CHI-NA, as president trump would say.

Maybe he should take his own advice:

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Walmart is open, but don’t you dare have a yard sale, citizen. The snitch network / tracers will shut that shit down fast.

Yes, of course the Wuhan pneumonia came from Europe- not Chyna. Bill Gates said so, citizen. Citizen, Bill Gates is also helping NYS with its new school curriculum. Just you wait.

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Yes, of course the Wuhan pneumonia came from Europe- not Chyna. Bill Gates said so, citizen. Citizen, Bill Gates is also helping NYS with its new school curriculum. Just you wait.

Pervs are coming out more and more.  Biden and Gates are 2 examples.  This is terrible.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:27 AM, joehill7469 said:

Yes, but those are SMALL businesses where it is much easier to maintain the safeguards like social distancing between people. Sure barbers and customers will be inches apart but wearing masks etc. They will be farther apart from other people. Same with dealerships etc. LESS people than restaurants and retail. He’s doing it EXACTLY RIGHT if NYS must slowly reopen. It’s not backwards. NYS COVID numbers have been steadily dropping for a few weeks now while the nation’s numbers have been steadily rising. 

I have ALWAYS disliked Cuomo, but while he does like to hear himself preach at these briefings the numbers clearly show COVID19 is on the decline here and opening up, while it has to be done, can and will be done with safety measures in place that were not in place when PAUSE went into effect.

18 hours ago, joehill7469 said:

He did NOT say that!!!!

He said “the experts are now telling us that the first cases in NEW YORK came from Europe” (which of course Europe cases came from China.).

Don’t conveniently nor unknowingly leave out qualifiers in your statements. That’s just as bad and in this case even worse than when the TV media takes things out of context.

I’ll repeat. I have never liked Cuomo and will never vote for him. Never. But I give credit where it is due. OVERALL he has been handling and directing this quite well, though he sure does like to preach every day. But the bottom line the COVID numbers in NYS are improving.

PI'm actually stupified and still finding it difficult to understand his rationale behind his decision to send Covid patients to vulnerable nursing homes and then forcing the facilities to accept without question......and ........not using the Navy Hospital vessel that Trump ordered sent to NYC.....or the Javits  Center that was specifically converted to a medical facility for that purpose?? Has he provided an explanation?? 

According to a Michael Goodwin editorial in the NY Post the other day, our Governor appears to be hard pressed with an answer. I mean, what the hell? It makes absolutely zero sense....it's so irrational I'm now having difficulty looking at the guy. 

Am I missing something? Somebody want to help Uncle Jack here with some kind of palatable explanation?  Help.

35 minutes ago, Jack McGurn said:

PI'm actually stupified and still finding it difficult to understand his rationale behind his decision to send Covid patients to vulnerable nursing homes and then forcing the facilities to accept without question......and ........not using the Navy Hospital vessel that Trump ordered sent to NYC.....or the Javits  Center that was specifically converted to a medical facility for that purpose?? Has he provided an explanation?? 

According to a Michael Goodwin editorial in the NY Post the other day, our Governor appears to be hard pressed with an answer. I mean, what the hell? It makes absolutely zero sense....it's so irrational I'm now having difficulty looking at the guy. 

Am I missing something? Somebody want to help Uncle Jack here with some kind of palatable explanation?  Help.

If someone wanted to kill as many old people as possible, you would do EXACTLY as Cuomo has done.

I wonder what the seniors in nursing homes are going to spend their $1200 stimulus money on? I'm glad they get to spend it. :) KFC for everybody! 

https://www.medicaidplanningassistance.org/covid-19-stimulus-checks-impact/