Attention Town of Union

DanCooper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought exactly. Cutting sanitation should not be taken so lightly. Parts of Endwell had a rat infestation, a couple of years back. Allowing recyclables to pile up is inexcusable. No reason given. Just a statement of reduced services.

Will taxes go down? Don’t count on it. All of these entities will be taxing more to be ready for the next crisis. 

The proof that this is BS is the fact that they are going to stop picking up yard waste for the forseeable future.

What the heck is dangerous about yard waste?  Can someone get the Chinese Virus from yard waste?  Since when?  I have never heard this.

Just another bunch of bull from Dick Materese.

This is just ridiculous.  I would love to see the supposed science behind this decision.  I would also love to have some questions answered.  

1) When will my property taxes be adjusted since the TOU has eliminated one service and cut another one by half?

2) In what way will these crews be serving the Town now that we’ve cut the above services?

I may resort to some drive by dumping in front of Slick Rick’s house.  Let him deal with It...  

That's exactly right, Property & Casualty.  Our taxes should be cut since the town is scaling back on services.  As I've stated, I'm working from home.  My wife is working from home 50% of the time, and we have children.  In just the last week, we put out twice the bags of garbage and twice the amount of recycling as we normally do, because we are eating all our meals at home.  

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Christmas trees too?

Yes, the newly opened facility at 1425 Campville Rd will be accepting yard waste, recycling, Christmas trees, electronics such as TV’s, and used motor oil.  All items should be left on the grass, but may be left in the road if needed.