Attention Town of Union

DanCooper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else in ToU have extremely early garbage collection this week? I'm in Endwell, off of Hooper  My garbage is collected at the same time (within a half hour) every week.  This week they were two hours early.  I like to put out one last bag the morning of collection.  I didn't get that chance this week.

Materese or someone needs to explain in detail to us what is going on.  

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

"In order to curb the spread of the virus, the town has divided the workforce into 2 teams, each team working every other day. because of this, some changes had to be made. Hopefully things will be back to normal sooner than later."  From Endicott Nextdoor

Each team working every other day? So are they on reduced hours with reduced pay?

On 3/28/2020 at 9:26 AM, Endwellian said:

...I'm sure the mailing of the bills will be on time.

Forget toilet paper and ventilators, you better be stocking up on ink and toner cartridges. With a projected $10b-$15b shortfall at the top, ALL levels of government will be running their bill printing presses overtime. In 3-4 months ink and toner cartridges will be as scarce as a NY politician at a business layoff.

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

Forget toilet paper and ventilators, you better be stocking up on ink and toner cartridges. With a projected $10b-$15b shortfall at the top, ALL levels of government will be running their bill printing presses overtime. In 3-4 months ink and toner cartridges will be as scarce as a NY politician at a business layoff.

States can't print money, only the feds can.

States can borrow money, raise taxes and cut NYS employees.  But NYS never cuts their number of employees

24 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

States can't print money, only the feds can.

....But NYS never cuts their number of employees

I should of been clearer, I didn't mean print money, I meant print bills as in invoices...water & sewer bills, EZPass violations, and all the extra ink they will need to add line after line of bogus taxes, surcharges, administrative fees,  etc. etc. to make up this shortfall.

As for NYS not cutting employees, that may be true but just wait until local school districts get the news of how little they can expect from NYS for the next school year. This is going to make '09 look like a tiptoe through the tulips. Naturally the districts 'critical' personnel - like the PR person, the assistant to the assistant superintendent, etc. will all be just fine. Hopefully it will just be a political maneuver for Cuomo to get more money out of the Feds, but just in case, I would brace for some really tough times ahead for the schools.

I notice now there’s orange snow fence wrapped around the playground equipment at the Town parks.  I didn’t look but someone said they took down the basketball hoops too.  This is the biggest crock of you know what, ever.  WTF are we paying even taxes for?  No yard waste, recycling pick up cut in half,  no courts, no parks, no schools, and no accountability from our elected officials.  The kids are being royally screwed over in all of this.

But hey, they’re handing out sandwiches a couple days a week... 

I can almost guarantee that every level of government will be looking to raise taxes over this, and services will remain reduced.  

if Slick Rick Vat-of-grease finds some orange fence on his lawn guess he’ll know where it came from  

2 hours ago, Property & Casualty said:

I notice now there’s orange snow fence wrapped around the playground equipment at the Town parks.  I didn’t look but someone said they took down the basketball hoops too.  This is the biggest crock of you know what, ever.  WTF are we paying even taxes for?  No yard waste, recycling pick up cut in half,  no courts, no parks, no schools, and no accountability from our elected officials.  The kids are being royally screwed over in all of this.

But hey, they’re handing out sandwiches a couple days a week... 

I can almost guarantee that every level of government will be looking to raise taxes over this, and services will remain reduced.  

if Slick Rick Vat-of-grease finds some orange fence on his lawn guess he’ll know where it came from  

And the county stopped doing Electronics Recycling at the landfill today.  I checked on Thursday to see if they were doing it on Saturday, yes they were.  Since then they posted that they were not doing electronics recycling.  A friend called me to tell me as I was heading up to the Landfill with a trunk of TVs and monitors. .

Dick Materese has the solution. 

If you have too much yard waste, just drive it to the Town's Argonne avenue location and you can drop it off.  8AM to 3:30PM.

If you have too much recycling, just drive it to Scarborough Drive and drop it off. 8AM to noon then 12:30PM to 3:30 PM.  God forbid the workers split the lunch so only half work at a time and we can drop stuff off at any time.

It's all going into the garbage for the weekly pickup.  I use black bags.  I doubt they will open them up, don't wanna catch the Chinese Virus.

All this when they are telling us to stay at home.

Jerk

Shit... You don’t pay $4 to have a pizza delivered then hop in the car and go pick it up, do you?   That’s exactly what’s going on here.  

All I know is that if I have to drop the stuff off,  I m going to the new facility at 1425 Campville Rd.  

• 2 weeks later...

The geniuses on the TOU board have just found out that you can't do 2 days of work in 1 day.

They missed recycling pickup in parts of West Corners and Endwell.  They will pickup those areas on Thursday. 

There are no other places that they pickup other than WC and Endwell.  Bet they pick it up with the garbage..

3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

The geniuses on the TOU board have just found out that you can't do 2 days of work in 1 day.

They missed recycling pickup in parts of West Corners and Endwell.  They will pickup those areas on Thursday. 

There are no other places that they pickup other than WC and Endwell.  Bet they pick it up with the garbage..

Did the board even have a say in this?  I think this was all Rick FattaGrease.  Either way it’s BS.  

Here is Heather Staley's answer to why the recycling dates have changed:

" We receive orders from Albany directing us to furlough half our workers. We started with part time and office personnel first. However in order to achieve the 50% we had to make other temporary cuts. Our town attorney directs us on his interpretation of the orders from Albany, the recycling and refuse schedule is done by the director of public works. We are in this together and just ask our residents to please be patient. On the advice of the town attorney if we ignore the directive from Albany there could be financial penalties and more severe workmen’s comp issues or law suits if we had a worker get sick and we were not in compliance "

I find this hard to believe.  Cuomo can tell a municipal entity what to do?  Makes no sense. 

Having fewer workers reduces the chances of someone getting sick?

How was Heather Staley elected.  She is a PLOT member.  No wonder we have problems in the TOU.

Yard-Waste.png

John Roll asks when he can take his recycling to get rid of it.

Heather posts PICTURES of the site with no explanation of where these sites are.

Help us, we do not have intelligent leaders.

40 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

What? First it was a safety choice and now it's Albany’s fault?

Good question.  I would love to get the real story.

I think that they told the TOU to have 50% of the people work from home.  That would make more sense.

How the heck can Sanitation people work from home?