Jump to content
DanCooper

Attention Town of Union

Recommended Posts

The Town Yard on Scarborough Dr is also available for drop off of everything previously mentioned.  They prefer it be left in front of the gate once they’ve closed for the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DPW workers are considered essential.  So what are these employees doing instead of recycling and yard waste pick up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Endwellian said:

DPW workers are considered essential.  So what are these employees doing instead of recycling and yard waste pick up?

Disinfecting the garage, chairs, trucks most likely. When done, starting over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else in ToU have extremely early garbage collection this week? I'm in Endwell, off of Hooper  My garbage is collected at the same time (within a half hour) every week.  This week they were two hours early.  I like to put out one last bag the morning of collection.  I didn't get that chance this week.

Materese or someone needs to explain in detail to us what is going on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"In order to curb the spread of the virus, the town has divided the workforce into 2 teams, each team working every other day. because of this, some changes had to be made. Hopefully things will be back to normal sooner than later."  From Endicott Nextdoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will our water and sewer bills be on time?  The town can't provide essential services, but I'm sure the mailing of the bills will be on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

"In order to curb the spread of the virus, the town has divided the workforce into 2 teams, each team working every other day. because of this, some changes had to be made. Hopefully things will be back to normal sooner than later."  From Endicott Nextdoor

Each team working every other day? So are they on reduced hours with reduced pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 9:26 AM, Endwellian said:

...I'm sure the mailing of the bills will be on time.

Forget toilet paper and ventilators, you better be stocking up on ink and toner cartridges. With a projected $10b-$15b shortfall at the top, ALL levels of government will be running their bill printing presses overtime. In 3-4 months ink and toner cartridges will be as scarce as a NY politician at a business layoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kaz said:

Forget toilet paper and ventilators, you better be stocking up on ink and toner cartridges. With a projected $10b-$15b shortfall at the top, ALL levels of government will be running their bill printing presses overtime. In 3-4 months ink and toner cartridges will be as scarce as a NY politician at a business layoff.

States can't print money, only the feds can.

States can borrow money, raise taxes and cut NYS employees.  But NYS never cuts their number of employees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

States can't print money, only the feds can.

....But NYS never cuts their number of employees

I should of been clearer, I didn't mean print money, I meant print bills as in invoices...water & sewer bills, EZPass violations, and all the extra ink they will need to add line after line of bogus taxes, surcharges, administrative fees,  etc. etc. to make up this shortfall.

As for NYS not cutting employees, that may be true but just wait until local school districts get the news of how little they can expect from NYS for the next school year. This is going to make '09 look like a tiptoe through the tulips. Naturally the districts 'critical' personnel - like the PR person, the assistant to the assistant superintendent, etc. will all be just fine. Hopefully it will just be a political maneuver for Cuomo to get more money out of the Feds, but just in case, I would brace for some really tough times ahead for the schools.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn right the bills will be on time. Expect a “healthy” increase in taxes, next year while figuring your budgets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice now there’s orange snow fence wrapped around the playground equipment at the Town parks.  I didn’t look but someone said they took down the basketball hoops too.  This is the biggest crock of you know what, ever.  WTF are we paying even taxes for?  No yard waste, recycling pick up cut in half,  no courts, no parks, no schools, and no accountability from our elected officials.  The kids are being royally screwed over in all of this.

But hey, they’re handing out sandwiches a couple days a week... 

I can almost guarantee that every level of government will be looking to raise taxes over this, and services will remain reduced.  

if Slick Rick Vat-of-grease finds some orange fence on his lawn guess he’ll know where it came from  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Property & Casualty said:

I notice now there’s orange snow fence wrapped around the playground equipment at the Town parks.  I didn’t look but someone said they took down the basketball hoops too.  This is the biggest crock of you know what, ever.  WTF are we paying even taxes for?  No yard waste, recycling pick up cut in half,  no courts, no parks, no schools, and no accountability from our elected officials.  The kids are being royally screwed over in all of this.

But hey, they’re handing out sandwiches a couple days a week... 

I can almost guarantee that every level of government will be looking to raise taxes over this, and services will remain reduced.  

if Slick Rick Vat-of-grease finds some orange fence on his lawn guess he’ll know where it came from  

 

And the county stopped doing Electronics Recycling at the landfill today.  I checked on Thursday to see if they were doing it on Saturday, yes they were.  Since then they posted that they were not doing electronics recycling.  A friend called me to tell me as I was heading up to the Landfill with a trunk of TVs and monitors. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dick Materese has the solution. 

If you have too much yard waste, just drive it to the Town's Argonne avenue location and you can drop it off.  8AM to 3:30PM.

If you have too much recycling, just drive it to Scarborough Drive and drop it off. 8AM to noon then 12:30PM to 3:30 PM.  God forbid the workers split the lunch so only half work at a time and we can drop stuff off at any time.

It's all going into the garbage for the weekly pickup.  I use black bags.  I doubt they will open them up, don't wanna catch the Chinese Virus.

All this when they are telling us to stay at home.

Jerk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just drop it off he says...  Sounds all good but I’m paying money for this truck that’s supposed to come pick it up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit... You don’t pay $4 to have a pizza delivered then hop in the car and go pick it up, do you?   That’s exactly what’s going on here.  
 

All I know is that if I have to drop the stuff off,  I m going to the new facility at 1425 Campville Rd.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×