During the pandemic Ross Park Zoo has its hand out?

Pirate Smile

People are dying, doctors don’t have face masks, and thousands have been laid off, yet the Ross Park Zoo has its hand out? Are you kidding me?

Sure animals need care, but if they can’t feed the animals and provide basic care for the next month, close the place down. 

How much do they receive in state and county grants? Probably hundreds of thousands. Where did that money go?

I found this appeal for donations to be in very bad taste. What’s the old saying, “never let a tragedy go to waste”? It reminds me of the time I saw a jackass campaigning at a funeral home, to the people in the viewing line. 

In the story on WBNG the director says Covid-19 has pushed back their opening date until April 18.  As an out door facility in Upstate NY, I can't imagine they open before April 18, most years?  I agree with the thoughts above, this seems like them taking advantage of this disaster and the public's sympathy to load up on donations.

Here's a wild idea.  Get some animals people actually want to see, and people will pay to see them.  There is nothing at that zoo anyone wants to pay to see.

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

In the story on WBNG the director says Covid-19 has pushed back their opening date until April 18.  As an out door facility in Upstate NY, I can't imagine they open before April 18, most years?  I agree with the thoughts above, this seems like them taking advantage of this disaster and the public's sympathy to load up on donations.

Here's a wild idea.  Get some animals people actually want to see, and people will pay to see them.  There is nothing at that zoo anyone wants to pay to see.

Just as I thought, I did a search on WBNG and last year they didn't open until April 20. https://wbng.com/2019/04/20/binghamton-zoo-opens-for-the-season/

Talk about lying to the public.  This is disgusting.