Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Local News Sucks

Bob Joseph cuts off legit concerns of Lourdes, one of the biggest advertisers on WNBF

Recommended Posts

We have a situation where both Broome County deaths of Coronavirus have been at Lourdes Hospital.  The family of one of the deceased have been on every TV station and in the newspaper with criticism of how Lourdes handled the treatment of their loved one, and the communication to the family.

A caller just called into Bob Joseph on WNBF to talk about the care at Lourdes, but Bob Joseph cut him right off.  Don't kid yourselves,  Lourdes/Ascension Health are one of the biggest paid advertisers on WNBF/Town Square Media.

What is allowed to be discussed on Bob Joseph's show is dictated by who advertises with his radio group.  Bob's show is bought and paid for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those with good AM reception I have a suggestion. WHAM-AM out of Rochester.

From 9 'til noon you can hear a guy not fence sitting, not censoring callers or guests. Not politically motivated other than believing in Constitution, 10 Commandments, the 20 Laws our United States are Founded on.

One of the good guys. (no sense going on with the nearly 20 years old arguments of white hat v black hat analogy. Some of you remember that one after the Attacks)

 

101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Shame on Bob Joseph. Is he a reporter or not?

By todays standard he is, a good loyal one. By old American standards he sounds like a Leftist Propagandist.

 

101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JB 2 said:

For those with good AM reception I have a suggestion. WHAM-AM out of Rochester.

From 9 'til noon you can hear a guy not fence sitting, not censoring callers or guests. Not politically motivated other than believing in Constitution, 10 Commandments, the 20 Laws our United States are Founded on.

One of the good guys. (no sense going on with the nearly 20 years old arguments of white hat v black hat analogy. Some of you remember that one after the Attacks)

 

101

What is the frequency, Kenneth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

What is the frequency, Kenneth?

Pretty sure the guys name is Bob Lounsberry not Kenneth.

Even when cussin' him out I still like the guys views, mostly. And yes his show is as relevant to Broome County as to his home county.

 

101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JB 2 said:

Pretty sure the guys name is Bob Lounsberry not Kenneth.

Even when cussin' him out I still like the guys views, mostly. And yes his show is as relevant to Broome County as to his home county.

 

101

I am asking you for the frequency of WHAM.

Dan Rather said he was asked "What is the frequency, Kenneth"  when he was accosted in a parking lot by 2 guys. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I am asking you for the frequency of WHAM.

Dan Rather said he was asked "What is the frequency, Kenneth"  when he was accosted in a parking lot by 2 guys. 

 

Now that is funny.

And you think I do not learn on here?

Reason does not matter but I was in a self imposed isolation for months. Just when I needed to get out and about again I find this virus thing puts a damper on movements. Damn life sucks at times. However, for now it is better than the alternative.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh fine. I heard the segment and thought Bob was significantly less than diplomatic in explaining that he didn't want his show turned into a Lourdes bashing session. He didn't have to jump down the guys throat like that. People have stories to tell. Those stories show a pattern of behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R.E.M. was offered bundles of cash by Microsoft for the right to use their songs in TV commercials.  R.E.M. turned them down.  Always respected them for that move.  Love that they made a song out of the Dan Rather fiasco.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×