thomas

Broome County covid map

My concern is for people who are testing positive with coronavirus that are asymptomatic. Giving that flu shot could trigger seroconversion due to interference of immunosuppressants. note that study was done in 2017-2018...so it would be for SARS 1 but I would expect similar or worse result with SARS 2. I'm also concerned for healthcare workers and nursing home residents colonized with pneumococcal carrini...which is what I always get 2 weeks after getting a flu shot.

Every nursing home should be setting up a database for this and reporting to the DOH/CDC..It's very important data gathering.

18 minutes ago, BC is History said:

I'm not sure if she received it or not.  I had the flu a few years back and vowed to get the flu vaccination every year after that, but now I'm second guessing that.  I haven't got my shot this year, and think I may skip it now.

If you are not positive for coronavirus you should get your flu shot...obviously I'm not your doctor. If you are asymptomatic positive like grandma, that could be a problem. If you think you will be exposed to coronavirus within 2 weeks of getting a flu shot, I think that might be a problem too. As always. consult with your physician.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

My concern is for people who are testing positive with coronavirus that are asymptomatic. Giving that flu shot could trigger seroconversion due to interference of immunosuppressants. note that study was done in 2017-2018...so it would be for SARS 1 but I would expect similar or worse result with SARS 2. I'm also concerned for healthcare workers and nursing home residents colonized with pneumococcal carrini...which is what I always get 2 weeks after getting a flu shot.

Every nursing home should be setting up a database for this and reporting to the DOH/CDC..It's very important data gathering.

You are more than a nurse.  NP or PA or MD or DO.

Right?

49 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

You are more than a nurse.  NP or PA or MD or DO.

Right?

As far as anyone is concerned, I'm an advocate. Speaking of...somebody followed me on twitter and I found this on their page...I'm only halfway through watching it...

Fake news. Go destroy someone else's community moron.

2 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Oh, no. If they die, Battisti has no base to run again.

There is always the town of Barker he can take over.

thomas - thanks for doing this.

In 2 weeks we went from 64 to 193.  Tripled.

4 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

thomas - thanks for doing this.

In 2 weeks we went from 64 to 193.  Tripled.

Keep an eye on the hospitalizations, too. We've gone from 2 earlier this month to 8. At least early in the epidemic, the usual lead time was about ten days from detecting cases to people getting sick enough to need a hospital bed.

That group you find at the local pubs overlaps pretty heavily with vulnerable groups. Hopefully this tamps down quickly.

15 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Keep an eye on the hospitalizations, too. We've gone from 2 earlier this month to 8. At least early in the epidemic, the usual lead time was about ten days from detecting cases to people getting sick enough to need a hospital bed.

That group you find at the local pubs overlaps pretty heavily with vulnerable groups. Hopefully this tamps down quickly.

Covid vs. local pub clientele. England is looking at a 6 month lockdown just sayin’.

On a lighter note: Check out the 1 hour South Park ‘Pandemic Special’ that aired last night. True gallows humor.

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

On a lighter note: Check out the 1 hour South Park ‘Pandemic Special’ that aired last night. True gallows humor.

On a less light note, check out today's count.

IMQ.gif

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

On a less light note, check out today's count.

Where, there are numbers all over the interweb?

20 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Where, there are numbers all over the interweb?

I don't want to step on thomas' bit, but from 193 yesterday to 243 today.

1 hour ago, Bingoloid said:

I don't want to step on thomas' bit, but from 193 yesterday to 243 today.

By my math: Cuomo will approve the lock down of MAGA County on Friday at 11:30.