Broome County covid cases

thomas

On 4/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, ginger said:

United States Naval Ship MERCY is rescuing covid 19 negative patients out of their contaminated nursing homes.

:) 

See, The NAVY knows how to manage things. MERCY had 113 shipmen test positive with 4 falling ill. You know what they did? They removed them from the ship! 

Adam Weitzman offered his entire college for accommodations. A bunch of BCV people had location suggestions but I see these nursing homes and the county are just going drag ass until everyone is sick or dead. If you can't see the writing on the wall by now...YOU'RE COMPLICIT.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thomas said:

What about those beds in Floyd Maines Arena? Are they being used?

I have no idea but really they're not appropriate for seniors or staff. And really, we can do better than that. How many seniors in just greater Binghamton? 2500 maybe? Vestal has an entire separate building.

How many seniors are infected? 40 is one unit. This really isn't difficult, everyone here has pretty much worked with everyone. There aren't going to be any surprises.

On 4/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, thomas said:

What about the plasma from recovered Broome people? Is there a plasma bank so it can be used to help severely ill covid patients here? And you're right about the testing. Who is covid immune? We need to know that too. If they intend to restart the colleges with all the students from NYC area will they be tested for covid first? What about when they travel all the time back and forth to NYC, will they be covid tested when they return? They can wipe out Broome County with a covid surge.

And what about the snowbirds? Are they being tested when they return from their winter escape? How many of them are there anyway?

The point is we need a plan before we rush into any re-opening. Otherwise we risk thousands of new cases.

I just read starting Tuesday, Governor Cuomo is allowing elective surgery to proceed. Do tell, where are all of the knee replacement people going to be convalescing and doing their physical therapy? This ought to be good.

2 hours ago, ginger said:

I just read starting Tuesday, Governor Cuomo is allowing elective surgery to proceed. Do tell, where are all of the knee replacement people going to be convalescing and doing their physical therapy? This ought to be good.

What about dental? Is that opening back up?

On 4/5/2020 at 7:15 AM, ginger said:

Good morning. So I was out and about for work last night and the girls are telling me about a coworker who showed up to work sick. She had a temp, a headache and cold symptoms. Her bosses sent her home and told her to be back in 7 days. The facility is clean, meaning not covid positive. Her coworkers were appalled that she has to come back to work after 7 days and not 14. I actually had to correct them. The self isolation is 14 days for exposure. If you are sick it's 14 days after the last of your symptoms disappear. 

Here's what I want...I want Senator Akshar to compile a list of every healthcare facility in Broome County including hospitals. At the beginning of the shift I want the sheriff to split that list up among his deputies. At sometime during their shift they should show up at the facilities on their list. They should request to see the staffing documentation and request a physical count of the staff per unit to see if it matches up. All short staffing should be reported to the senator himself. The senator should make a phone call to the administrator and the owners to find out why they are not compliant and when they plan to be. We're in a state of emergency. The elderly are the most vulnerable. It's a public safety issue, the senator needs to be able to assess these situations in a fluid manner.

See what's happening in California now? I don't have time to find the article. It'll have to wait until I get home from work but now the police are involved at the nursing homes. 

Flattten the curve? Go play in the baby pool.

• thomas changed the title to Broome County covid cases