Endicott's mayor Linda "Action" Jackson

UE MOM2

Has anyone listened to this woman?  I just heard her on WNBF.  She sounds like a sweet older woman, who is just confused.  She is nice and folksy, but she doesn't seem to have a grasp on the issues in Endicott.  Usually when someone brands herself with a nickname like "action" they are sharp and aggressive... she just isn't it. She would be better suited to work as a volunteer at a nursing home. I mean that sincerely. 

When she says things like "thrilled to pieces", "the Zoom", and "I'm not very good with computers", she doesn't instill any confidence in the residents of Endicott, or own up to the nickname "action" she has given herself.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Endwellian said:

I don't live in Endicott so I didn't follow the race for mayor last year.  Can someone tell me what "Action Jackson" did for a living, before she was elected to the village board?  Also, what is her education?  Thanks.

According to a newspaper article:Jackson has resided in the village for over 40 years. She is a graduate of Union-Endicott High School and secretary for the Triple Cities Street Rod Car Club. She has previously worked for IBM and Endicott Johnson.”

3 hours ago, UE MOM2 said:

According to a newspaper article:Jackson has resided in the village for over 40 years. She is a graduate of Union-Endicott High School and secretary for the Triple Cities Street Rod Car Club. She has previously worked for IBM and Endicott Johnson.”

So she hasn't worked in 20 years... Great.  Just what Endicott needs... 🙄

On 4/17/2020 at 6:32 AM, UE MOM2 said:

I just heard Action Jackson’s interview on WNBF from the other day. She has a high school diploma, and she had the nerve to say Dr. Paul Connett, who is a graduate of Cambridge University,  and has Ph.D. in chemistry from Dartmouth College, “is a little confused”. 

I want "the woman of action" removed from office.  But recall of elected officials is not permitted in New York.

"While recall elections do not occur, the New York Constitution states, "Any town, village, improvement district or fire district officer, except a justice of the peace, may be removed from office by the supreme court for any misconduct, maladministration, malfeasance or malversation in office." Any citizen within the officeholder's district may submit an application for removal to the local branch of the appellate division of the supreme court."

Unfortunately I don't think Action Jackson is intentionally lying to the residents of Endicott.  I think she is uneducated, ignorant and misinformed.  Unless she resigns we are stuck with her for another few years. 

2 hours ago, Nyrfan said:

Why doesn't someone here step up to the plate and run in the next election?  Maybe she sucks but someone here must be a better choice - complaining is easy.  Seems to be a common theme.

Unfortunately, it’s mostly the ignorant (looking for extra income) and narcissistic (Akshar) who seek public office.

7 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Unfortunately, it’s mostly the ignorant (looking for extra income) and narcissistic (Akshar) who seek public office.

Who knows what someone will be like until that person gets into office?

Also maybe she was the best person running.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:00 AM, Nyrfan said:

Why doesn't someone here step up to the plate and run in the next election?  Maybe she sucks but someone here must be a better choice - complaining is easy.  Seems to be a common theme.

I can tell you exactly why and I have said it before. To run for office you have to sell your soul to either of the 2 party machines. Korchak was the rare exception. He was obviously the most qualified and look what they did to him. Barely squeaked in. The truth is the party machines in Broome County will never let a true maverick/newcomer run on their ticket with any kind of party support because they don't want to clean up the corruption. They are getting too rich off of it.

So what exactly did the Endicott Mayor do to bring out the pussy hat protesters on BCVOICE? Did she cut your taxpayer funded gravy train off? What did she do for such new accounts to suddenly attack her?  

John Solak has some good comments on Action Jackson on his Twitter video last night.  She thinks so highly of herself and her deputy mayor that they are of the opinion they are right, and all the residents of Endicott are wrong. She claims she conducts her own "investigations" on issues, like she's the Nancy Drew of Endicott.  Like Solak said, this lady is nothing but a character.  It would actually be very funny if it didn't affect peoples lives.