Endicott's mayor Linda "Action" Jackson

UE MOM2

A week ago Action Jackson and her deputy mayor said this study would be posted on the village website Monday. Well, Monday came and  nothing was posted. Then just before the public hearing was set to begin, it was canceled. Many of us had our suspicions about what was going on...

Today a village board member called into WNBF and said the study contained information Action Jackson didn’t like,  and that’s why she canceled the public hearing, and that’s why it’s not on the website.

This woman is a complete disgrace and I agree she needs to be removed from office.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a disaster the zoom meeting on Monday May 4th was.  The 3 women don't care what the residents want, their minds are already made up.  Linda made a fool of herself, not realizing she was on camera.  She said she wants to vote on this so that people will stop calling her.  Chapman said that she just lets the calls go to voicemail.  Around 11PM, Chapman said that her foot was hurting.  Then someone said that they may have to carry her out. 

They were taking stupid to the point that their lawyer told them that they were still on the air.

The vote has been postponed until Thursday.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, PeteMoss said:

What a disaster the zoom meeting on Monday May 4th was.  The 3 women don't care what the residents want, their minds are already made up.  Linda made a fool of herself, not realizing she was on camera.  She said she wants to vote on this so that people will stop calling her.  Chapman said that she just lets the calls go to voicemail.  Around 11PM, Chapman said that her foot was hurting.  Then someone said that they may have to carry her out. 

They were taking stupid to the point that their lawyer told them that they were still on the air.

The vote has been postponed until Thursday.

I haven't followed this issue very closely but I see people are absolutely friggin' irate on social media. Downwind homeowners threatening to band together to hire law firms.

43 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

I haven't followed this issue very closely but I see people are absolutely friggin' irate on social media. Downwind homeowners threatening to band together to hire law firms.

As they should. Jackson and the board should also be sued for devaluing local property (downwind) more and introducing carcinogens into the environment. Property rights are fundamental to being an American.

Public servants? Not public tyrants. You know what they say about tyrants.

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

They are already doing construction in building 257, where the batteries will be "processed".

The residents have had no say in this matter.

How can that be if they need a zoning change to actually do the 'recycling'? That would be like framing a house before getting a building permit. I do agree with your last point, this seems to be a done deal. The 'public comment' meeting is just that - letting the peasants vent.

2 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

...Downwind homeowners threatening to band together to hire law firms.

'Downwind' is irrelevant - that direction changes every day, multiple times a day. This should be a lawsuit against all involved - top to bottom -  by all village residents as well as neighboring jurisdictions. BTW - where are all the tree huggers on this?

Now the UE school district has come out in opposition. Day late and a dollar short. 

If I’m a board trustee, I’m either resigning in protest or trying to scheme a coup against AJ’s plan / or her, to save my hide. Fact of the matter, they will be sued into bankruptcy. The smart rats need to jump ship.

On edit: Board of Trustees, get a copy of your bylaws if you don’t have one. Find a way to make this right!

Linda Jackson was a member of the local group ReclaimNY.  The purpose of the group was to stop the exodus of people from NYS due to high taxes.

So she gets into power and the first thing she does is to pollute the village and allow $1.75 million dollars in taxpayer money to be funneled to a South Korean company.

She is in way over her head.  And now there is a big SNAFU about garbage in the village?

I listened to the 4 hour YouTube broadcast. I was shocked by the ignorance, to be blunt. The experts she referred to were South Korean employees! No independent engineers. Being a first application of this incinerator in the country, the DEC has no expertise. They have their regulations on the books to enforce only.

Her talking out of both sides of her mouth was nauseating. On one hand she wants to ram it through (even casting the first vote, when the mayor / board president is a tie breaker only!), but she restated there will be amendments for “safety”. Bull shit. If we wanted safety, informed decisions she would hold off.

I hope Endicott remembers this every time she’s out in public, let alone the next election. What she has done is a breach of trust with the people she allegedly serves.

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

Linda Jackson was a member of the local group ReclaimNY.  The purpose of the group was to stop the exodus of people from NYS due to high taxes.

So she gets into power and the first thing she does is to pollute the village and allow $1.75 million dollars in taxpayer money to be funneled to a South Korean company.

She is in way over her head.  And now there is a big SNAFU about garbage in the village?

No different than BAE, but at least the fine folks there will not be poisoning us.

14 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I’ve seen a lot about the ‘new’ garbage rules on FB, but then saw an article on WBNG that they were from 2019, and just now being enforced?

No pick up without can with a tight fitting lid.

Are animals ripping bags open and making messes there?

That’s right. It’s an FU from the mayor. Make her look bad? Well now you need new cans that have a “tight” fitting lid. Don’t try to mix and match. You are the animals who must be brought to heel.

3 hours ago, DanCooper said:

I listened to the 4 hour YouTube broadcast. I was shocked by the ignorance, to be blunt. The experts she referred to were South Korean employees! No independent engineers. Being a first application of this incinerator in the country, the DEC has no expertise. They have their regulations on the books to enforce only.

Her talking out of both sides of her mouth was nauseating. On one hand she wants to ram it through (even casting the first vote, when the mayor / board president is a tie breaker only!), but she restated there will be amendments for “safety”. Bull shit. If we wanted safety, informed decisions she would hold off.

I hope Endicott remembers this every time she’s out in public, let alone the next election. What she has done is a breach of trust with the people she allegedly serves.

There is no way any competent mayor would have ever entertained/considered putting an incinerator (of toxic substances) in the middle of a town. No way. Look at what happened to the Taylor Garbage building in Apalachin. That was supposedly 1 battery, now imagine several tons of them. The company should of been laughed out of town at first mention of what they wanted to do. I don't know what was promised and to whom, but you can bet there is something bigger at play here. Unfortunately we probably won't find out until disaster hits at that site....which will be too late for the residents of that area. The other though is, that area has to be one of the most studied and tracked cancer zones in the whole nation (because of IBM's plume) - so 'baseline' data exists. When the cancer rates rise, sic the layers loose on everyone involved in that fiasco (the company, the building owners, the village, the county, and everyone up the food chain).

6 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Yes, and the same for Konecky and Chapman.  Make sure that you mention to them that you didn't care for the way they voted.

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

There is no way any competent mayor would have ever entertained/considered putting an incinerator (of toxic substances) in the middle of a town. No way. Look at what happened to the Taylor Garbage building in Apalachin. That was supposedly 1 battery, now imagine several tons of them. The company should of been laughed out of town at first mention of what they wanted to do. I don't know what was promised and to whom, but you can bet there is something bigger at play here. Unfortunately we probably won't find out until disaster hits at that site....which will be too late for the residents of that area. The other though is, that area has to be one of the most studied and tracked cancer zones in the whole nation (because of IBM's plume) - so 'baseline' data exists. When the cancer rates rise, sic the layers loose on everyone involved in that fiasco (the company, the building owners, the village, the county, and everyone up the food chain).

Essentially, we were bidding against ourselves for the (“not a”) incinerator. What was the rush? Was Texas going to step in and take our new business away? No way. Good job by the Koreans in milking us of $1.75 million.

In last night’s meeting, AJ was quick to tell us she has walked nearly every square foot of IBM?  We know she’s only a HS grad, but what was her job title at IBM. The good news for Endicott is folks’ property values will plummet - so less will have the means to up and sell and head south.

On edit: Kudus to Ted in trying to make a stand and delay the vote. Ultimately, when he admitted he didn’t know what a “MW” was I realized he lacked the intellectual firepower to make a compelling argument to end the lunacy. We will get what we deserve I suppose.

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

...Endicott is folks’ property values will plummet...

The people in that area need to lawyer up and get their assessments reduced accordingly. The unfortunate part of that is it doesn't affect Endicott, they just raise everyone else's taxes to compensate.

Where did this Action Jackson come from?  I never heard of her until last year.  Apparently she was on the Endicott board before she was elected mayor.  But who put her up to this?  Did she run on her own?  Did Akshar or the Republican party put her up to this?  I'd like to hear the real story on how she won the Endicott mayor race.  I think she's a total fraud and failure and needs to be removed from office. 

It's time that lawmakers in NY State realized that the old-fashioned model of having a bunch of small villages and towns with redundant services (and administrators) is highly inefficient and costly.  That's a big part of the reason that taxes are so high in NYS.

Had a chance conversation with someone who may or may not know someone with Price Chopper. Apparently, they don’t want the bad publicity of having a food store next to a toxic incinerator. Alternate sites are being considered for ToU / Endicott market. Reap what you sow, AJ.