Jump to content
UE MOM2

Endicott's mayor Linda "Action" Jackson

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Had a chance conversation with someone who may or may not know someone with Price Chopper. Apparently, they don’t want the bad publicity of having a food store next to a toxic incinerator. Alternate sites are being considered for ToU / Endicott market. Reap what you sow, AJ.

I really hope Price Chopper leaves Endicott.  What a blow that would be.  There are plenty of fine parcels outside the Village, but still in the Endicott area.  This was a major mistake by everyone involved:  Action Jackson, Cheryl Chapman, Eileen Konecny, and the three puppet masters, Fred Akshar, Donna Lupardo and Jason Garnar.  My intel says Konecny was so in favor of the incinerator because Lupardo told her she had to be.  And Konecny fancies herself as the Democrat to run for the Assembly seat when Lupardo retires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Endwellian said:

I really hope Price Chopper leaves Endicott.  What a blow that would be.  There are plenty of fine parcels outside the Village, but still in the Endicott area.  This was a major mistake by everyone involved:  Action Jackson, Cheryl Chapman, Eileen Konecny, and the three puppet masters, Fred Akshar, Donna Lupardo and Jason Garnar.  My intel says Konecny was so in favor of the incinerator because Lupardo told her she had to be.  And Konecny fancies herself as the Democrat to run for the Assembly seat when Lupardo retires. 

There is a deal between BJ and the dems. Don't run anyone against Senator Chainsaw and we won't run anyone against Lupardo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the other Lithium Battery group needed s way to get rid of the batteries that they were going to :test", "recharge" whatever.

And maybe BAE needed a place to get rid of the batteries in their buses?

Maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

And maybe BAE needed a place to get rid of the batteries in their buses?

Maybe?

Yea, just what every employer wants for their employees - incinerator smoke stacks  a few hundred feet from their building. Where was BAE when this was being debated? This will work wonders for attracting new employees to an already depressed and tainted area (thank you IBM), not to mention what it will do to their medical insurance rates as people get sick.

BREATHE it in BAE employees - BREATHE it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be very clear about how this incinerator was approved.  The Matthew's family wanted a big tenant.  The Matthew's family needed a big tenant to satisfy their creditors.   No one in a position of power (Garnar, Lupardo, Akshar) will stand up to the Matthew's family.  Because working in elected office is about being re-elected, not about serving your constituents.  Garnar, Lupardo and Akshar know the Matthew's family, and their connections, decide which candidates are funded in Broome County.

Garnar, Lupardo and Akshar told the three Endicott morons (Jackson, Chapman and Konecny) to push the project forward.  

That's what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Action Jackson has deleted her "Linda Jackson, woman of action" Facebook page.  Maybe because she knowingly used the page to spread lies and misinformation on the battery incinerator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 11:31 AM, Rod Beck said:

... Because working in elected office is about being re-elected, not about serving your constituents. ..

That may be, but one would have to be a complete moron to think that voting for the incinerator would not have severe implications if your goal is re-election. Basically it would mean ending your political career. So, what was promised in exchange?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to NOBURN group's lawyer, the village needs a super majority vote to change the zoning requirements, that is 4 out of 5 votes for yes.  The letter is posted on Twitter by Bill Huston and retweeted by John Solak.

https://twitter.com/WilliamAHuston/status/1259226266835865601/photo/1

https://twitter.com/WilliamAHuston/status/1259226266835865601/photo/2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linda Jackson, Cheryl Chapman and Eileen Konecny all need to be voted out.  And and village attorney Bob McKertich needs to be fired.  Jackson, Chapman and Konecny all voted against allowing the public to speak, before they approved the change in zoning to allow the incinerator. Jackson said something to the effect of "everyone's minds are already made up".. it doesn't matter if their minds are made up, the pubic should have their say.  The Three Stooges voted to silence the residents of Endicott, then they voted to poison the air with chemicals.

Bob McKertich the village attorney allowed the vote to go forward, without even knowing how many votes were needed to pass the law.  How can any attorney advise a board to vote without knowing what is legally required to pass the law?  He needs to be fired.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UE MOM2 said:

Linda Jackson, Cheryl Chapman and Eileen Konecny all need to be voted out.  And and village attorney Bob McKertich needs to be fired.  Jackson, Chapman and Konecny all voted against allowing the public to speak, before they approved the change in zoning to allow the incinerator. Jackson said something to the effect of "everyone's minds are already made up".. it doesn't matter if their minds are made up, the pubic should have their say.  The Three Stooges voted to silence the residents of Endicott, then they voted to poison the air with chemicals.

Bob McKertich the village attorney allowed the vote to go forward, without even knowing how many votes were needed to pass the law.  How can any attorney advise a board to vote without knowing what is legally required to pass the law?  He needs to be fired.

 

MOM2 - You are correct, this was rammed through with no care what the residents wanted.  Unfortunately, we are stuck with AJ for 3 and a half more years.  

Chapman and Dorner are up this year.  Hopefully the Reps will find someone to run against her.  Also, make sure you get out and support Dorner.

McKertich is acting EXACTLY the way lawyers in his position act.  They support the people who hire them and unless something is brought up they will say nothing.  I don't know when he received the letter from the NOBURN attorney but the residents of Endicott should make sure that he is gone after this year.  He is not representing the residents who actually pay his salary.

Also, as Dan Cooper suggested, the 3 people need to be held responsible for their decision.  In this case, social scorning is appropriate.  If you see one of them somewhere, let them know in no uncertain terms what you think of them.  They let YOU know what they think of you.  You need to let them know what you think about them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Public meetings are a long ways from being allowed - convenient for those three scoundrels. It’s the duty of the citizenry of Broome, besides Endicott, to rise up and be heard. I encourage all to not cross the line and get themselves in trouble. That line begins on the public sidewalk outside of their residences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DEC has now ordered SungEel to address the disposal of PFAS contained in the batteries.

I thought Action Jackson said everything was 100% safe and we had nothing to worry about? She claimed she “did an investigation” and called in experts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Village of Endicott is a walking dead man. It only made any sense when they could suckle at the IBM teats. Those days are long gone. Same goes for Johnson City.

Do you really need redundant administrative overhead to keep a bunch of taxpayer paid Chiefs of Fire and Police, department heads, goverment facilities? (the list goes on). Typical NY State podunk politics.

You need a big budget to feed all of the pigs and keep them fat...paid for by you! NY State taxes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, M_Sable said:

Do you really need redundant administrative overhead to keep a bunch of taxpayer paid Chiefs of Fire and Police, department heads, goverment facilities? (the list goes on).

It's a tremendous waste of money. Maybe this pandemic will open people's eyes and usher in some changes? The Village of Endicott, Johnson City, Town of Union, etc. should all consolidate under 1 umbrella and all the duplicated positions eliminated. While at it, do we really need a separate school superintendent and all the supporting administrative staff for each district: U-E, M-E, and JC? I don't see why 1 'core' office couldn't handle all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the way COVID-19 cases are reported is convoluted.   What does "Town of Union" mean in the COVID-19 numbers?   If the Town of Union is comprised of the area including Endicott and Johnson City, WHY is the "Town of Union" number less than JC and Endicott ????    Do the other "towns" that are listed include all their population?   Or just a partial list as used in the Town of Union list?          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×