DRIVING

ginger

$2.50 a gallon for cheap fuel. I hope you're happy democrats.

As for State Trooper IC3....you're lucky I can't remember the exact plate number.  YOU'RE LUCKY I WAS TOO TIRED TO PULL OVER ON THE SPOT AND REPORT YOU FOR UNSAFE DRIVING.

He/she cuts me off with no warning, no lights...swear to God the driver waited for me to get up to him and pulls outs. He/she drives up to the next cut in the road and turns around heading north...still no lights, not speeding to get anywhere. FREAKING SUNDAY MORNING DRIVER, DO THAT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.  

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ginger said:

$2.50 a gallon for cheap fuel. I hope you're happy democrats.

As for State Trooper IC3....you're lucky I can't remember the exact plate number.  YOU'RE LUCKY i WAS TOO TIRED TO PULL OVER AND REPORT YOU FOR UNSAFE DRIVING.

He/she cuts me off with no warning, no lights...swear to God the driver waited for me to get up to him and pulls outs. He/she drives up to the next cut in the road and turns around heading north...still no lights, not speeding to get anywhere. FREAKING SUNDAY MORNING DRIVER, DO THAT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.  

Did you install a dash cam?

11 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Did you install a dash cam?

I'm driving a rental...my Jeep is out of commission. I really need to look for a new used car...I hate car shopping.

• 3 weeks later...

It's 11:00 this morning, I'm out like a light and my brother calls. My brother never calls me unless somebody died. He tells me he saw an accident on Front st and wanted to make sure it wasn't me. Turns out one of the vehicles had somebody I know. He just left the hospital all kinds of banged up but grateful to be alive. I scoped out the photo on WBNG...WHAT THE HELL? 

Eleven in the morning? WHERE DO YOU HAVE TO BE AT ELEVEN IN THE MORNING?

https://wbng.com/2021/02/02/traffic-shut-down-injuries-reported-following-3-vehicle-crash-in-town-of-chenango/

29 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Probably people going out for coffee.

Seriously.

Toup, what a nightmare...he said his truck flipped over six times and then got hit from the side by a pick up. His sneaker lodged in the dash board. One of his buddies happened to recognize his truck, pulled him out of there(he was upside down) then his BP crashed in the ambulance 50/30 so they gave him a shot of adrenaline. He has a gash in his head that won't stop bleeding. I tried to convince him to go back to the hospital. I'm surprised he's still walking. He has 2 vertebre hanging by a thread in his lower back.

I have better photos in my phone...if I figure a way to share them. Too bad about his truck too...used truck but really solid vehicle. It probably saved his life.

No, the construction has been done for some time. I heard on the news the person who caused the accident was distracted by a child in the backseat. I hope she/he is okay. 

I'm still amazed at my brother...out of all the accidents he happened to pick this one to call me about. He does also call me for weather events.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are planning to go out for milk and bread....or to walk the dog....or to go out and shoot a couple of games of pool...wear cleats!

It isn't too bad here but Cortland through Whitney Point there was 1-2 inches of granular ice, it was like driving on gravel. A WHITE (no surprise there) sedan dumped itself. On both sides of 81 the tractor trailers were pulling convoys at 40-45 mph. This makes me wish I had a CB radio. Oh so now I have to play the song...can you tell I haven't slept since 2 am yesterday? I should have a cocktail. That'll knock me out! FER SURE FER SURE IT'S CLEAN AND CLEAR TO BINGOTOWN!

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

That song is different than the song released to play on radio.

Good morning Pete...I think it's the movie version as opposed to the radio edit. I just looked out my front door...looks treacherous but it's supposed to get up to 40 by noon.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I just heard on WNBF there was a tractor trailer crash...let me guess...some 65 year old,  strawberry blonde with bad hair, glasses, wearing a fuchsia quilted top, driving a grey SUV first three GUZ...rolled to a stop on the highway because she was texting.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4KhVZCo56VyfhNSj6

(yes that happened to me about an hour ago coming down I88 by Sanitaria Springs)

COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 6:31 PM, ginger said:

Toup, what a nightmare...he said his truck flipped over six times and then got hit from the side by a pick up. His sneaker lodged in the dash board. One of his buddies happened to recognize his truck, pulled him out of there(he was upside down) then his BP crashed in the ambulance 50/30 so they gave him a shot of adrenaline. He has a gash in his head that won't stop bleeding. I tried to convince him to go back to the hospital. I'm surprised he's still walking. He has 2 vertebre hanging by a thread in his lower back.

I have better photos in my phone...if I figure a way to share them. Too bad about his truck too...used truck but really solid vehicle. It probably saved his life.

So he's been in and out of the hospital with kidney failure...a week or two after the accident he developed stones and had to have stents...oh and they gave him an Rx for...wait for it...marijuana. Marijuana for kidney stones...who thinks that's effective? I've never had one but my uncles assure they are very painful.

He also has some serious vision problems and his knee and legs are a wreck. Obviously the kidneys are the priority before they can do anything about the other problems. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was pulled over last night at 4am in guess where? No surprise here, Wayne County. He says I rolled through a red light and made a right hand turn without coming to a complete stop. He didn't write me a ticket, must be the dash cam told a different tale. This kid as well as the other sheriff's deputy better not even think about running for office. This kid totally violated my rights with impunity knowing I had no choice but to answer his questions. 

And the kid has the nerve to tell me he pulls over my "coworkers" all of the time.I don't have time to explain they aren't my coworkers. He's sitting outside of a nursing home, the only business that is operating after 10 pm trying to entrap overworked,  extremely short staffed, essential employees who don't make all that much money. This facility was so short staffed on Easter I volunteered to work as an aide off the books.  Luckily one of the aides walked in the door at that moment...very dedicated guy I'm told. 

So I ask him, "For what? What are you pulling my coworkers over for?" The best he could do was.. one person drove twice in one week with a tail light out. I actually know who he is talking about and probably should have told him that person has been in the hospital for over 2 weeks with covid and pneumonia...not doing too well. In fact, he is the reason I'm out west in the middle of the week.

By the time the interaction was over I'm beside myself..they're burning people alive in Rochester and he's just being an asshole to people who don't deserve it.

Yes, I know Pete, you told me to buy a dash cam a million times.I have the money right now and I can expense it out. Tell me which one to purchase...it has to be easy to use with instant playback. 

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Yes, I know Pete, you told me to buy a dash cam a million times.I have the money right now and I can expense it out. Tell me which one to purchase...it has to be easy to use with instant playback. 

Mine is 5 years old.  I did buy a new one on QVC but it is terrible.

Anyone else here have a good one that is still available on the market that they would recommend?

You know, as soon as he approached my car I asked him why he pulled me over and he refused to answer until he had my license in his hand. He was fishing...looking for anything and everything and probably would have made something up if I refused to answer. He reminded me of the guy in The Green Mile. Didn't look a bit like him but you could tell he had ulterior motives.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:32 PM, ginger said:

I was pulled over last night at 4am in guess where? No surprise here, Wayne County. He says I rolled through a red light and made a right hand turn without coming to a complete stop. He didn't write me a ticket, must be the dash cam told a different tale. This kid as well as the other sheriff's deputy better not even think about running for office. This kid totally violated my rights with impunity knowing I had no choice but to answer his questions. 

And the kid has the nerve to tell me he pulls over my "coworkers" all of the time.I don't have time to explain they aren't my coworkers. He's sitting outside of a nursing home, the only business that is operating after 10 pm trying to entrap overworked,  extremely short staffed, essential employees who don't make all that much money. This facility was so short staffed on Easter I volunteered to work as an aide off the books.  Luckily one of the aides walked in the door at that moment...very dedicated guy I'm told. 

So I ask him, "For what? What are you pulling my coworkers over for?" The best he could do was.. one person drove twice in one week with a tail light out. I actually know who he is talking about and probably should have told him that person has been in the hospital for over 2 weeks with covid and pneumonia...not doing too well. In fact, he is the reason I'm out west in the middle of the week.

By the time the interaction was over I'm beside myself..they're burning people alive in Rochester and he's just being an asshole to people who don't deserve it.

I found out about the tail light...one week the right side went out, he had it fixed and then the left side went out...that's what usually happens...what a jerk.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have to drive today, take heed. It's not even a full moon so I really don't know what the problem is. On my way home I heard there was an accident on 81 with a tractor trailer. I was traveling 87 to 90 to 88...people weaving in and out of traffic...one kid came inches from clipping me. As I drove past a construction vehicle I gave the guy "the look" hoping he was law enforcement watching this scenario but he was already on the phone and the kid had been pulled over when I got to the exit.

Then coming down I88 I started to smell this horrible acrid odor...get to exit 23 and there's an accident...the car was in the median completely burned out. I can't imagine the driver survived.

Also on I88 west...there's a sign ...all trucks must stop at the Sydney/Unadilla rest stop. I have no idea what that's all about, it isn't a weigh station.

Be Safe Everyone.

4 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

At least you had the satisfaction of seeing the dumb kid pulled over.

They think they're in a video game. 

Actually, I stopped and asked the trooper if he wanted a witness statement. He says "I GOT THIS!" :) lol 

Then I slowly drove by the kid and gave him the back of my hand...sorry, the gesture doesn't translate.

But yes I'm seeing more and more of this type of driving...Saturday heading up 81 a tiny blue car..couldn't catch the make but not some well known sports car, thought he was Mario Andretti...I was disappointed he didn't get caught. 

I've never owned a foreign made car but boy would I love to own a newer Toyota Supra. If I'm going to get caught speeding I'm going make it worth the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Idiot woman on Upper Front St. Enough is enough. 

I make a left out of Lowes into the left lane. Opposite vehicles are turning right. into the right hand lane and a few are jockeying to get in the left lane with me.

There's a red light so traffic is stopped. The light turns green and this idiot is oblivious. She steps into traffic between 2 large SUVs so the cars in the left lane can't see her so we all pull up...lucky there wasn't a fender bender... then she stands in the median smiling and waving with her neon green vest completely freaking oblivious to the commotion she almost caused.

Distracted driving is against the law...It's a busy intersection...Get rid of her.