DRIVING

ginger

BTW that's not the first time I've seen her step out into traffic like that so she could go stand in the median. I bet I've seen her do that a dozen times.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ginger said:

I make a left out of Lowes into the left lane. Opposite vehicles are turning right. into the right hand lane and a few are jockeying to get in the left lane with me.

People in Broome County do NOT understand that you turn into the lane closest to you.  People always cross over and I have to dodge them.

7 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

People in Broome County do NOT understand that you turn into the lane closest to you.  People always cross over and I have to dodge them.

Pete, everyone was doing it right but after the turn is made into the appropriate lane...ie I actually wanted to be in the right lane to hop on 81...couldn't get over right away but some people are more aggressive with lane changes than I am and will try to squeeze themselves into the lane they want to be in and that's what was going on when this dim bulb stepped in between those 2 suvs. She's totally jaywalking in a busy intersection. She's not crossing at either light..the one to Lowes or the one before Weis. She's crossing in between.

38 minutes ago, ginger said:

Pete, everyone was doing it right but after the turn is made into the appropriate lane...ie I actually wanted to be in the right lane to hop on 81...couldn't get over right away but some people are more aggressive with lane changes than I am and will try to squeeze themselves into the lane they want to be in and that's what was going on when this dim bulb stepped in between those 2 suvs. She's totally jaywalking in a busy intersection. She's not crossing at either light..the one to Lowes or the one before Weis. She's crossing in between.

Did you get a dash cam?

19 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Did you get a dash cam?

No. Lol😊 I only saw one that I thought I could operate. It was $200.00. But the chip to go in it was $263.00. The video goes straight to your phone. 

Sad. I'm driving all over the dilapidated Catskill ghost towns...buildings crumbling...empty boarded up storefronts. I'm wondering why? It's such a gorgeous area, why are these villages such a wreck? 

So I get home and search lakefront property Catskills. You should see the prices, it's disgusting. If I had the money I could get ocean front property in Cape Cod for less. So I guess the wealthy who live there don't give a damn about their disgusting towns and villages. What a waste....depressing. I'll take photos next week. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a significant amount of aggressive and reckless driving out there this weekend. I spent more time with my eyes in the rearview than I did eyes front. I saw 2 instances of road rage and thankfully a trooper was able to catch one of them. It's kind of surprising because usually people are courteous on holiday weekends. Of course the color of all of the vehicles involved is white. 

Yesterday afternoon heading on 17 west just before Wilawana a large white suv...maybe a GMC,  looked like it was smashed flat like a pancake upside down. Don't know what happened there but I can't believe the driver survived.

4 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I see enough crazy driving in my local, under 1/2 hour daily commutes.

Makes me wonder what on earth they’re thinking. 

I'm pretty some of them are on drugs. It's getting more and more difficult to stay out of their way because they come up on you so quickly.

BTW Happy B-day weekend!   :)  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If a tree falls in the road and nobody is there to hear it....law enforcement stated they couldn't believe I didn't flip my car. Swear to God I literally saw myself in the General Lee.

Now that I'm awake..unfortunately I don't have much time before work..a huge tree fell across the road, I had no time to stop, Yes I had my high beams on but I was looking for deer on a pitch black road. I tried to jump it which almost worked, took out my K frame and put a nice bulge in my passenger front tire. I'm pretty darned impressed with the Yokohama tires.

You think they have a tow racket going on in Binghamton, you ain't seen nothing like what happened north of here. "I'll call the next garage in rotation" The guy refuses to tow my car to my mechanic an hour away. He says his breaks are bad and his inspection is lapsed and if DOT catches him he'll be in big trouble. Sheriff didn't blink. So I think he's taking the car to some mechanic he knows but instead he tows it back to his place. I'm going on vacation.  A coworker comes to rescue me, I rent a vehicle out of Syracuse and I'll return it when I get on the plane. He calls me and says he sees too much wrong with my car and wants me to scrap it and he wants a decision or he's charging me storage fees. He may be right but I would seriously love to prove this guy wrong. One significant thing. I had power but the car wouldn't start. The dash light indicated the air bag deployed but it didn't..I thought that was strange.

I got home ate a bowl of pasta and went to bed exhausted...I have to get to work and tomorrow is another day. Have a good night everyone. 

9 minutes ago, YankeeDoodle said:

Lol I tried to keep going but the opinion is because the air bag light triggered the car refused to run. I don't know if that's true. That's what the guys at work are saying to me right now.

So the tow guy says he usually charges $250.00 for a tow and I'm like...I have $200 cash in my wallet or I can give you a card. HE REFUSES to take my money and says I have to text him.

$250.00 To tow the car 16 miles back to his place. I paid $ 169 tow on the Jeep to a dealer 45 minutes away from Rochester when my alternator went.

And so the saga continues but I'm officially on vacation (I think) so it's ok. I called another outfit and they are going to tow my car to my mechanic who can look at it at his leisure since I'm out of town and decide if I should scrap it. I told him I'd like to keep the car a while longer and I'm willing to sink some dough into it.

Bottom line...the customer is always right. This tow driver is costing me a small fortune. He advertises 24 hr service. he's lazy or incompetent. Incompetent because he stated his rig was out of DOT compliance or lazy because he made the story up. Either way, if he just gave me the service I requested I would have passed his business cards out to about 50 coworkers who travel that area in any given moment.

So I have to pay him whatever he's going to charge, $357 for a rental which, out of the airport even with a corporate discount is high for 2 days. If he just took me to my mechanic I could have napped in the car and he would have got me home. $400 for the new guys to tow my car and I threw a c note to my coworker who rescued me. 

If he just honored my request I would have paid him cash whatever he wanted for the tow and tipped him but no...SORRY YOU HAD TO GET UP TO DO A LITTLE WORK AT FOUR IN THE MORNING. SERIOUSLY WORK ETHIC LAPSE BUT I GUESS WHEN YOU HAVE THE SHERIFFS HANDING YOU BUSINESS ON A SILVER PLATTER YOU CAN AFFORD TO BEHAVE THAT WAY. 

OMG it gets worse. The guys going to pick up the car wouldn't leave until I squared up with the guy who has possession of my vehicle so I call him and he won't take a credit card. He says the person who picks up the car always pays him cash. So, I call my guys and have to have them add $250 to my bill, thank God they had cash on hand to pay the guy or I was going to drive up there myself but...I'm guessing that's a bad idea. 

He doesn't tell me he doesn't take credit cards at the scene and when I offered him $200 cash at the scene he refused. I asked him what was he thinking and he said he thought he was being nice to me. The guy running the show at the other tow place says he's holding my car hostage and I should call the state police. I told him please don't make waves just pay the guy and get my car off of his property.