DRIVING

ginger

1 hour ago, ginger said:

I'm truly sorry for the family of Mr Joseph Lane of Sayre who died moving 2 deer carcasses off the road and was hit by another vehicle.

I don't know to whom I can further appeal  to mitigate the deer problem in upstate NY. Vestal is absolutely inundated. Last evening I saw 6 fully grown deer right by Commerce road and Old Vestal road. I've notified Pete Buttigieg, Both Governors Hochul and Cuomo before her...We need more guard rails and fencing on the highways. 

I'm surprised the insurance companies aren't screaming bloody murder at the property damage these animals cause. I just got a new car.  As soon as I meet with the local dealer to have my oil changed I'm going to see if they can outfit me with some kind of grill and headlight guard. Something like this...

https://realtruck.com/p/black-horse-classic-grille-guard/blk-17ts27ma/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=free-pla&utm_content=surfaces

The insurance companies do not care.  They just pass the costs off to the insured.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

The insurance companies do not care.  They just pass the costs off to the insured.

I was surprised to find deer damage is covered under comprehensive, not collision.

OK, I give. There is a Harry L Drive Johnson City highway sign in the median app. 2 miles from the Owego exit heading west.

Either that or I'm having a twilight zone moment.

So Bizarre.

Good morning. I had to go to Syracuse this afternoon. I really have no idea who to appeal to. My neck and my spine feel like they are going to collapse from the road conditions.

Are they deliberately trying to get people injured? It looks that way. It also looks like they are deliberately trying to cause vehicular mechanical problems.

If you refuse to fix the road you need to detour people onto route 11 before there's an accident. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why they are regrading 17 past Kamikazee curve? They just did that road! You would not believe the roads they are redoing throughout this state. There is nothing wrong with them. Tearing up my tires for no good reason when there are plenty of other roads that need attention.

Somebody has to sue the state for that 81 debacle from Castle Creek to the Cortland County line. Why don't they fix that? Swear to God, class action lawsuit for vehicle damage and personal injury. The pain I'm in every weekend, going through there is ridiculous. Work acquaintances are dying with that mess and they have to drive it EVERYDAY.

LOL, AND re : Chenango St underpass...Bob Joseph doesn't know what a no-show job is? 🙂 

Speaking of...if you like "MOB" Stuff...I recommend Frank Morano's pod cast THE RACKET REPORT. Interviews with mobsters, their lawyers...lol, all of these old gangsters are following in the Sammy Gravano tradition and writing tell all books. The first episode talks about how Ed Koch and Bess Meyerson were on the take. Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

What did miss? Power out in Vestal...at least the signals were. A testament to what sensible people we are. Everyone was polite and waited their turn.  Only 2 people beeped. 

And no, VPD WAS NOT DIRECTING TRAFFIC. I did see one cruising on Sycamore.

Lovely storm we're having. I wonder if the construction workers on 17 finally got themselves off of their equipment and got off site. Yes I know they're grounded but duh. .

• 1 month later...

Well Hi! If you haven't found anything to do on this splendid day...if you drive out to Homer NY ..rt 90 north and south..there are no less than 4 chicken bbqs, and who knows what other foods are about.  Huge yard sales, people everywhere, be prepared to walk. Yes, there is a lot of junk but you know the saying...one man's junk is another's treasure. I saw some pretty Amish handcrafts but most importantly.. 

If you are in the market for a riding lawn mower or riding snowplow...there were 2 spots, toward the Lockeport end of 90 that had multiple John Deere riding lawnmowers. They looked like new to me. I wanted to stop and see what they were getting for one  but by the time I eyespied them I was caught in traffic with nowhere to pull over. Maybe tomorrow.

My back is shot and I already had been looking to purchase one but with tax they're like 3gs at Lowes.

The state police looked pretty busy, helping motorists with their flat tires and whatever else mechanical failures I imagine from the POS highway conditions on I81.

Naptime. Then back to work. Have a nice weekend everyone. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Looks like the state troopers are having a time of it tonight. About 6 trooper vehicles lights blaring are parked at the Speedway in Appalachin and up the highway a bit another 5 troopers are on the side of yhe road involved in something.

It's not even a full moon! Be safe everyone, have a better morning. 🙂